“Lovely staff”

Parklane Motor Lodge
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Epsom
Reviewed 20 March 2013

A friend and I stayed on a Sunday night and chose Parklane for its close proximity to the Logan Campbell Centre as we were going to a concert there. I'm really pleased to have found this motel and will definitely stay there again. The girls at reception, who I met when I checked in, were just great...friendly, smiley and efficient. They made a great impression on me and I just knew that, had my friend or I needed anything(which we didn't - the room was fine) we'd have been looked after. We stayed in a very clean room on the second floor, closest to the road, and we really didn't notice road noise at all. A little gem.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
ParklaneMotorLodge, Manager at Parklane Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2013

Hi Leigh
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know the great service you received, first impressions do count for our guests and I am so glad that our staff made you feel so welcoming. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 13 March 2013

The motel itself is basic but with all the facilities you can ask for. A bit dated but the new managers are noticably trying fix that. The biggest PLUS for me was the helpfulness of the staff. Nothing is too much trouble and they will go well out of their way to make your stay as enjoyable and comfortable as possible. They have conference facilities available and the staff help out in setting up the way you like it. Not for large groups.
The site is situated opposite Alexandra Raceway and the Expo Centre on Greenlane West Rd and very convenient to all major events plus a good variety of eaterys in Epsom. Easy to reach off the motorway and on the same side as Greenlane Hospital. Great walkways around Cornwall Park and up to One Tree Hill.

Room Tip: Always ask for the rooms on the second floor and at the back of the motel. The road noise can be rat...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
ParklaneMotorLodge, Manager at Parklane Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2013

Hi Peter
Thanks for you valuable feedback we are making improvements every week at our motel and it is nice to be noticed that changes are being made, we look forward to being of service to you again.

Reviewed 5 March 2013

What can I say,,
Turned up to this great looking place, so tired, hot, frustrated, after an incredibly long and tiring day away from home. Towing a heavy bag behind me, I was at the end of my rope.
I was met, in reception, with much relief, by two wonderful down to earth people, with the best smiles, and a great sense of humor. They made me feel instantly at home, with their polite and careful attention. My bag was carried to my room. OH bliss
My room was quiet, comfortable, and well equiped. When I phoned down for something extra for my room, it was at my door, almost before I hung up the phone.
A beautiful little balcony, with access through double doors next to a very comfortable bed, opend out, overlooking a lovely blue swimming pool. I felt like I was somewhere in the Mediteraian.
The breakfast that was offered in the morning was top class. Spotless dining room and everything replaced the moment it was needed. I had the continental breakfast and there was nothing that I could have asked for that the management did not provide.
These girls offer, top flight, honest and friendly service, and I can not reccommed their establisment enough. I would stay there again in a herat beat.
You made a country girl feel right at home.
Thank you, Clair and Mandy.. You are simply the best.
God bless.

Room Tip: Over looking the pool and trees.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
ParklaneMotorLodge, Manager at Parklane Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2013

Hi Cherie It was a pleasure having you stay with us and thank you for noticing the effort put in by all our staff ,
you yourself were a breath of fresh air that day and it a privilege getting to know you. We all put in a maximum effort to ensure each guest feels welcome and taken care of. thank you so much for such positive feedback it ensures us that we are on the right track
Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 1 March 2013

I arrived at the Park Lane very hot and flustered after walking a great deal further than I anticipated to get there. On arrival I was greated with 2 smiley faces and offered a glass of water as they could see I was overheating.
I was asked to advise if the room was not up to standard and shown the way. The room was very clean and tidy and contained all that I expected. I was advised where I could obtain an evening meal and settled to a comfortable bed for the night. The ladies were happy to see me in the morning and I would have no hesitation in staying again, who cares if there was paint where it shouldnt have been as someone else complained about, they obviously didnt have much else going on.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
ParklaneMotorLodge, Owner at Parklane Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2013

Hi Robyn
Thank you for the wonderful feedback, as you can tell we love what we do and it is no effort at all to have a mile on your face when guests check in, we want everyone to feel welcome when they walk through our doors.
We are an older style motel so we try and make up for in service and cleanliness, and it was an unbearably hot day that you checked in so the least we could do was offer you a cold glass of water. we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Mandy & Clair

Reviewed 24 February 2013

A friend booked this motel on my behalf as Auckland had a busy weekend and my normal motel was booked. I rang and requested the advertised king studio. This I did get however the bed was the most uncomfortable bed I have slept on in years. The pillows were musty smelling and had no protectors on them.
The room smelt strongly of smoke, there were no confortable chairs or couch, one small old television with poor reception.
Strong pressure shower however hot water ran out after only two minutes on my first mornings shower, fine second morning, why?

Could here the people staying above having a rather good time all night and in the morning was woken by loud staff chatter outside my window.

When I politely asked the cleaner to return to service my room (as I was on a phone call) she stormed off muttering under her breath !

Room Tip: stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
ParklaneMotorLodge, Manager at Parklane Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2013

I am sorry to hear to you that your stay with us did not meet your expectations, we strive very hard to ensure our guests are comfortable, Our staff are use to guests asking them to come back if they are not ready so I dont believe that any of them would have muttered under their breath to you.
The hot water is continual gas so am unsure how you could have not had hot water on one day this is puzzling. We are also in the process of purchasing flat screens for our units. to update our units even further.

Reviewed 20 February 2013

My sons and I stayed here and found the location very central to the motorways which made it very easy to get around Auckland. Also the variety of restaurants and shops within walking distance was great.
When looking for a motel around Greenlane/Epsom/Ellerslie I found most of the accommodation was a double bed and a single. I was pleased to find a family unit available. When we arrived the room wasn't ready so were very kindly placed in two units with an adjoining door. Worked perfectly.
The reception was welcoming and friendly.
Thank you.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
ParklaneMotorLodge, Manager at Parklane Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2013

Thanks so much Glenys for the positive feedback, we try to ensure that when you check in if your room isn't ready we will find something similar so you don't have to wait, We look forward to seeing you back here in the near future

Reviewed 18 February 2013

We stayed last Thursday night and at first thought that the state of the room was vaguely quaint and amusing. The walls have been repainted with only one coat of paint and the finish was very sad- paint all over the door jambs and window frames. There is a small VERY old-fashioned TV and the advertised Sky access was a joke. The spa bath was a bit frightening. Some of the outlets were badly damaged, the tiles were cracked around the bath and we were surprised to see a notice requesting that we not use the spa after 10pm. To be honest, I would have been concerned at what would have appeared out the jets, had they been turned on. The airconditioning would not function properly, and due to the enormous skylight in our room, the heat became overpowering. A lot of the latches on the doors and windows were broken, and we could not leave the bathroom windows open, as they slammed shut in the wind. One of the sets of French doors could not even be opened and the functioning ones had to be propped open with a chair. We found black hair clinging to the shower walls which was quite revolting. The caddies in the shower were rusty. The kickboards at the base of the shower are also badly rotten. The blanket I pulled from the cupboard had several strands of quite apparent long black hair on it. All of this we could have coped with. Until my husband got out of bed in the morning and threw back the duvet, exposing dried blood on the reverse of the duvet. It most certainly was not from either of us. I felt ill after this discovery. Unfortunately as we left, there were no staff on the counter to deal with our concerns. We would not recommend, apart from the proximity to local amenities. We were, unfortunately, very disappointed at the level of hygiene. As high users of motel and hotel services we were amazed at the lack of basic services and cleanliness. It is disappointing, as the market for a hotel/motel in this locality could be enormous.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

I am sorry to hear that you had a variety of issues when staying at our motel recently, a few I will address, we have 3 sky channels that are advertised and all have been working , the Air-con units have also just been serviced in the past 3 weeks and they are all working, We are looking at options of upgrading all of our spa bath units and televisions,
We hear that you were very disappointed, had you contacted us straight away we would have been more than happy to move you or offered you a discounted rate at that time.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Epsom
Quality Hotel Parnell
Greenlane Suites
Greenlane Suites
#3 of 8 in Greenlane
Cornwall Park Motor Inn

Been to Parklane Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!