“Clean and comfortable, once we got the room we booked”

Cornwall Park Motor Inn
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Epsom
Reviewed 16 November 2013

We were first given a room that did not match the description of the "executive studio" which we had booked. It was small and did not contain many of the amenitites it was supposed to have. When we enquired we were initially told that it was the correct room. Only after I showed the person in the office his own web site did he agree to give us another room. The second room matched the description. Once we had the right room, we were pleased with the accommodation. It was clean and comfortable. The motel's location was excellent for us - a quick trip to the city and easy access to the motorway. Even with a room close to the road there was little noise overnight.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 November 2013

My son and I stayed at this motel for 3 months due to a house fire from June to September 2013.
I looked at about 7 other motels in the immediate area and this motel had the best 2 bedroom option with a queen bed in one bedroom and two king singles in the other. It has two bathrooms, one with a bath and a fridge with a proper freezer on top.
Aaron is making improvements all the time - while we were there sky television was upgraded to more channels. He was always helpful when we required any assistance.
There is a bus stop right outside so going in and out of town is very easy and the park is just across the road for walking. Restaurants and a movie theatre are a short walk from the motel.
Everyone who visited me while I was there were really impressed.

Room Tip: We were in unit 22 which is ground level with carparking right outside unit. Great with the fridge...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Sue L
Reviewed 26 September 2013

We are so accustomed to finding advertising for accommodation misleading or untrue. Right from checking in we were assured of a professional & caring service. The receptionist was waiting for us with our key & milk. All I had to do was sign the form & settle into our room after a long drive. The room was well lit & had a comfortable bed. There was ample room for our luggage & clothes. There were extra towels in case of perhaps an extra shower during the day. I am looking forward to the time when we will stay again!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nev001
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Stayed for a night. The room was clean and tidy. Did not have time to get to know the hosts, but if I was to return to auckland for a longer stay, would try it. If I had stayed longer I might have given it a better rating. I didn't realise there was a big park across the road, which is definite thing I would have liked to have wandered around.

Room Tip: Pick a room away from the roadside as it is very busy. Otherwise the rooms were excellent.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Stayed for 2 nights at the Cornwall Park Motor Inn and it was a really good experience. The room was a good size with a double bed and large TV and the kitchen was stocked with enough equipment for a short stay. Bed was soft but comfortable and the eggs I had for breakfast were well cooked and delivered promptly. Free wifi also provided, which was a bonus. If in the same area, I'd definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Room 19 was away from the road and tucked into the back corner of the motel, i.e. very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Colin E
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Stayed at this Motel for 7 nights. This was my third visit and was very pleasantly surprised to find that Nigel, the owner had remember which room I liked and had everything ready for me when I arrived. The room was clean, well appointed, with its own kitchen, spa, flat screen TV, air conditioning (cool and heat), electric blankets, iron, ironing board and free Wifi. Unfortunately Nigel and Diane have sold and are leaving after 30 years and hopefully the new owners keep the motel to the high standard, friendliness and helpfulness that it displays at present.

Room Tip: There are studio, one bedroom, 2 bedroom apartments over 2 levels. I all ways ask for one away from...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank MollyBrisbane
Reviewed 17 May 2013

We stayed at the motel as it was on the way to the airport. We had an early plane and wanted to make sure that we could get to the airport without a nerveracking drive through the city. The owner was very friendly and the rooms were quite large with a good sized bathroom. Internet (WiFi) was free. The motel had a guest laundry which was quite handy in the middle of our holiday. The rooms had an iron and ironing board which is common in most motels. There were a number of restauarants nearby. We choose a small Italian restaurant just down the road which was excellent (have forgotten the name).

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Epsom
Quality Hotel Parnell
#6 of 65 in Auckland Central
Epsom Motel
Epsom Motel
#2 of 8 in Epsom

Been to Cornwall Park Motor Inn? Share your experiences!