“Invasion of privacy”

Ranked #3 of 5 Kuilsrivier B&B and Inns
Vereeniging, South Africa
“Invasion of privacy”
Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

Booked for 2 nights and we're surprised that my room was allocated to another guest after my first night. My personal belongings were taken from my room - where it was packed in my cupboard. Not packed in my suitcase and loosely handed to me. Our business party was spilt and I was then allocated to another guesthouse. This was done without my consent or the courtesy to inform me. I find this as absolutely poor etiquette.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank FStroh

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Knysna, South Africa
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Arriving mid-afternoon I was not impressed with the dirty state of the guest house, although a large party of guests had checked out that morning. Perhaps the common areas where new guests were arriving should have been cleaned up first to create a better first impression.
Our room was unbearably hot and with NO windows in the bedroom it was impossible to cool down at night unless the sliding door was left open which isn't a safe option.
Breakfast so more than disappointing as the communal dining room table was overlooking the busy kitchen and with the noise of the washing machine going full-blast on one side the TV as on a bizarre channel which was far too loud, on the other side of the table.
No choice of breakfast was offered except you could have a omlette with either one, two or three eggs! Choice of toast was brown or white - unfortunately my husband choise white bread toast and had to cut the mould off the bread.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Mirano, Italy
Reviewed 1 February 2013

Me and my colleague have been there for 2 night. We felt like at home. Breakfast was excellent and we had good dinners as well. The owners Ernst and Mara were so nice with us. Relaxing conversations in front of a glass of wine or beer. Price really reasonable.
Vini from Italy.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Zeerust, South Africa
Reviewed 2 October 2012

What an awesome guesthouse. The most friendly owners and staff. The rooms are of very high standards and always clean. We stayed for 4 days and it was and was a very enjoyable experience. Ernst and Mara, thank you very much for everything. Ask Ernst to braai some fish, he can.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 6 February 2012

Very good place, good prices and very friendly "landlords".
It is very close to Cape Town Intl. airport, but you have to have a car. From the B&B it takes some 30-40 min to Cape Town (by car). There are busses, but I am not sure how these work.

Overall it is very good and the standard is excellent!

Room Tip: All rooms are good.