Dolphin Bay Resort
Oriental Beach Pearl Resort(Sam Roi Yot)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$68
The Beach Village(Sam Roi Yot)
US$81
US$55
Priceline
US$57
US$53
Agoda.com
Varinah Resort(Sam Roi Yot)
US$140
TripAdvisor
Onusa Retreat(Sam Roi Yot)
TripAdvisor
Stella Resort(Sam Roi Yot)
TripAdvisor
Lyndale Lodge(Sam Roi Yot)
  • Pool
Happy Mind Resort(Sam Roi Yot)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsdolphin bayhua hinplay roomall agesyoung kidsgreat for familieswhole familynew friendssmall kidslots of spacenational parkplace is greatrooms are basicbreakfast buffet iskids lovehermit crabsbedroom suite
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Pros: The hotel is perfect if you are going as a family. Lots of children for the kids to play with. Beach was ok and very close. The pools were great and a really good playground. Lots of bicycles to rent. The rooms were clean and a decent size for the cost. Good foreign menu with ok prices.

Cons: Restaurant staff is very slow and inattentive. Pay close attention to the room occupancy. They will make you get an extra room if you are over. Very secluded especially if you are there without a car.

I would not recommend this hotel for people without children. It is definitely a family destination.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Very relaxed and peaceful resort right next to the lovely beach. Rooms are good and restaurant can cater for families. I would recommend a short trip to Monkey Island which the resort can help organize.

Room Tip: The rooms further back from the pool are quieter
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 757markl
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Dolphin Bay Resort was our little slice of paradise. We were looking for a place that we could take our two and five year old and also relax as adults. Dolphin Bay was perfect! We stayed in a two bedroom suite and it was ideal for our family. The resort is located on a wonderful stretch of beach that has sea shells, is very shallow, and has very few waves. The resort is equipped with a wading pool, adjacent is a pool that is about three feet deep with a water slide, and there is also a 1.2 meter deep pool for adults and laps. The pools are next to a deck where you can eat and drink.

The resort also has a spa. I had a massage each day, and my wife also had a manicure and pedicure. All of the services were splendid. During our stay we rented a scooter and bicycles, we also rented a kayak and paddle board. All were well maintained and easy to use. The resort arranged for use to visit Monkey Island with a local fisherman.

If this were not enough, my wife also took ill. The resort arranged transport to the local hospital, where the care was excellent, and also arranged for us to return to the resort.

All in all it was an excellent vacation and I would highly recommend it to anyone with kids or looking for a relaxing, inexpensive vacation.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank sheckmann
Reviewed 26 March 2014

This is the place you go to when you want to just have fun with your children, relax and just enjoy. We spent 12 days in this hotel, we have children aged 5,7 and 9 and it was perfect for them. You can choose between the beach and the swimmingpool - we used the last one mostly becuase 1) it was excellent for the children and had no stinging jellyfishes in it 2) we could easily follow them from the sunbed or the bar :). The service was excellent, although I also recommend that you also try out the other restaurants around. Our children are very active and luckily there were plenty of things for them to do. The visit to Monkey Island was great, as well as walking on the beach (very clean!) where we made many fun discoveries. We played fotball, drove a scooter and played volleyball on the beach.
PS AGAIN: As always in thailand, mosquito spray is a must since they do get pretty annoying in the evening
PS: We were there in February 2014, it was super clam and we never noticed any troubles of any kind. We took the hotell shuttle taxi straight from Bangkok airport and it was really easy.

Room Tip: We rented a smal bungalow with a swimmingpool - higly recommend it f you are two families or for example grandparents + family.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank AnniLaGrosse
Reviewed 13 March 2014

My vacation at Dolphin Bay Resort was one of the most relaxing vacations I've had in my lifetime. The beach is literally four steps away, and it is quiet, with white sand and calm waters. The only sound is occasional child laughter, which only adds to the idyllic atmosphere. The pool is state of the art and modern and even I was tempted to swing on the swingset. The food was amazing, and on the rare occasion when I wanted to leave this paradise, a short walk along the beach brought me to a Thai food stand where papaya salad and some excellent BBQ chicken was served. I acheived the perfect tan, finished all my beach reading, and enjoyed some excellent food and drink with friends. I will be back soon!

Room Tip: All rooms are fantastic, and they have HBO!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends