“Nice stay, with hickups”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Noszvaj
Oxigen Hotel & Zen Spa
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Noszvaj
“Nice stay, with hickups”
Reviewed 22 April 2013 via mobile

We stayed there with two children in a family suite.
The.children loved it, hiwever first we did not get the room we reserved and at the end had some problems with the invoiced amount... however both issues were solved at the end, still a bit anoying.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
Budapest
Reviewed 14 April 2013

Reading the reviews it seems that nothing changed since we have been there, right after the opening in 2012 August.
The only positive thing that I can mention is the interior of the lobby, rooms (though there was no aircon installed in the room, 30 Celsius was the average temperature) and public areas (the buffet table and its surroundings looks nice, however absolutely not feasible for buffer dinner and breakfast.
Staff:
even after the opening they were fade, bored and pretended rather to be extra busy, however the were not, just for the reason not to deal with the guests.
Food:
It was definitely visible at the meals, waiters, waitresses were running around, with used plates, instead of bringing more food.
Juices ran out of stock during breakfast thru the 3 days always.
There were not enough bread, rolls, etc.
Cheese, meat , hot meal, poor quality and quantity.
Same as for the dinner, 2 choices with meat, 1 veggie option, too bad. Far-far below the 4 star minimum standard
And the most disgusting thing: there were flies, flies, flies, really everywhere!! In the room, at the spa and especially int he restaurant on the food. Total risk for health.
I have never seen so many flies in my life at a time ..brrr..
My 4 year old son recalls the memory, as the flies’s place..
I hope at least that was fixed.
Spa:
One bigger pool with cold water and 2 tiny ones with warm. There were several sharp edges underwater, totally unsafe.
Kid’s pools were rather OK.
I wrote a constructive feedback letter to the manager right after our stay, I received a kind answer from her offering a 50% OFF from our next stay’s bill, but I doubt that we return.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Susie S

Travellers are raving about these Noszvaj hotels

Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed 14 February 2013

READ THE REVIEWS before you go. I should have done that, before I went.
It looks like a beautiful hotel nicely done by the investor and run very badly by the management. If there is any management at all, it feels like they have just found a few people being bored and now there are all there trapped not even trying to act like they would be working at a four starred place. Plus they did not quite manage to decide on the target group, they try to be elegant and romantic, plus children and family friendly in the same time.

POSITIVES: the building, lobby, and rooms look pretty. They are clean.(bathroom looks half-finished - see pic)
NEGATIVES:
Food. Quality is poor, if you get any food, as there is not much left. No juice, just an empty machine. Coffee machine broken, waiter is deeply hurt with the request that she should serve coffee.
Spa: ZEN here means Japanese style with red and black motives everywhere. Zen spirit is nowhere, Relax area is outside the kids' pool. The treatment rooms are located here too, plus they are not properly divided, so you can hear and partly SEE the other person in the other treatment room.
Front desk is simply rude. We are not planning to be back.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 19 October 2012

If you want a 4**** wellness&gastronomy experience DON'T GO THERE!
bad food - if you are lucky and you get some..., unprofessional staff, bad spa service
For the same money you will find way better places than this.

I had a very bad and disappointing experience with this place. I felt myself in a nightmare. For a nightmare it cost too much... I took a friend there who was in Hungary just for a couple of days. I made a research about the 4**** wellness hotels that are out of Budapest but not to far from there. I made a very bad decision to pick this hotel. I felt very bad for my friend + the hotel ruins the credibility of the good Hungarian hospitality.

They don't have 4**** level services at all. I paid a package that included spa, breakfast and buffet dinner. The dinner was served from 7pm to 10pm. We went to have dinner at 8pm and there were no food left at all. We asked for refill but they didn't do that. They made one kind of meat, but didn't refill the rest of the empty dish trays... I'm vegetarian so I left the "rich" buffee dinner hungry...The receptionist told me that..."uppss it is too bad...". But this was just top of the bad experiences:
- the food is not good at all and the variety is very poor and not good quality
- there weren't any fruits at breakfast, no fresh juice - it is a wellness hotel...
- there is no staff in the spa after 5pm
- there are no instructions in the spa - we tried to get the infrasauna work by ourselves - because there was no staff available. Accidentally we pushed the emergency button a couple of times - nobody showed up - luckily we weren't in trouble...
- don't pay for the massage - it is unprofessional,
- the used paper water glasses were around all around the waterfountain, but there were no clear ones that we could use
- there wasn't running water in the changing room
- they don't accept AMEX card
- they didn't give the welcome drink - they included it in the package,
- the staff and the receptionist didn't want to listen to our complains and didn't show any effort to find solution or at least compensate us.
I just feel so sorry for this hotel. they won't make it too far with this service.

Room Tip: room are clean and nice