“Quiet, Peaceful & Guaranteed Stomach Full”

Nongsa Point Marina & Resort
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Nongsa
Reviewed 16 September 2013

The Room:
Nongsa Point Marina Resorts – A perfect place for me to spend a quiet moment with my wife from all the hustle and bustle in Singapore. We needed a break from work and a 2D1N stay at the Seaview Room provided us with a quiet environment and tranquillity to unwind. As the same suggests, the balcony overlooks the waters allowing me to stare blankly into the horizon. The view looks stunningly beautiful during the evening sunset.

The Location:
If you come by Nongsapura Ferry Terminal, the resort is only 10-min away. The hotel provides a complimentary shuttle-service to and fro. So, no worries on land transfer. The hotel also provides shuttle service to Mega Mall, which is about 25-30 minutes away, chargeable at $8.00 per person. However, if you wish to head to Nongsa Hill Shopping Centre which is also about 30–40 mins away, you’d probably have to head over to the reception to book a taxi which would probably cost you around 144,000 rupiah. If you’re going for a Spa, you can get the Spa company to pick you up and send you back. Worth the money.

The Food:
The resort’s Selera Restaurant provided quite a lot of variety. The seafood steamboat dinner included crabs and also came with rice. You could just eat and talk while having the live band play beautiful 80s and 90s classic hits in the background. A very romantic and beautiful experience. The breakfast spread included on-the-spot omelette frying of your choice, porridge, cereals, sausages, baked beans, buns, breads and lots more.

Conclusion:
If you want a relaxing place for a short getaway with good food, Nongsa Point is the place. Probably they can add on a shuttle service to Nongsa Hill Shopping Centre for the convenience of travellers who love shopping.

Room Tip: Upgrade to SeaView Room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anwar_Wayne
erueber, General Manager at Nongsa Point Marina & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2013

Greetings from Nongsa Point Marina and Resort,

First I like to apologize for the late reply to your generous review. Its the kind of review which encourages me and my team to keep pushing forward with improving the standards of our product and the services we provide.

I look forward to be able to personally welcome you back to Nongsa Point Marina and Resort and in the meantime remain

Reviewed 8 September 2013

We stayed for 3 nights at Nongsa Point. Myself, my wife, and our two teenage children. We went during the week and had the place pretty much to ourselves. The best part is the staff. They are friendly and always looking to help. The food was excellent. We enjoyed the pool and also went over to Turi Beach for a swim and dinner one night. This is definitely a place to go if you are looking for a relaxing getaway. It is not close to a town/city so it is not a place to go if you want nightlife. A most relaxing stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Steve266
erueber, General Manager at Nongsa Point Marina & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2013

Thank you for your favourable review of your stay at Nongsa Point Marina and Resort. It gives us the motivation and drive to continue improving our product and services . I look forward to personally welcome you on your next visit to Nongsa Point Marina and Resort.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

The view of Nongsa Point Marina is gorgeous. Imagine waking up every morning to this. I could not describe more. I have never felt more relax in my other trips than this. Since I could not afford Sentosa Cove, this is probably the closest I can get.

We had the pool at Nongsa Point Marina almost all to ourselves everyday. It was so unlike the pool at Turi Beach which you have to share with many people, especially during the school holiday seasons.

We had Seafood BBQ at Nongsa Point Marina, supposedly under the stars, but it rained. :( We ended up having that under the shelter instead. At S$30 per pax (children under 5 is free), it was expensive, of course. But, this would be the rate one should expect for seafood delights offered by Resort, i believe. Being our first night there, we just wanted to fill our stomach & get settled down quickly.

The spread was reasonable, crabs, prawns, squid, satay, lamb chop, chicken wings & sausages were among some meat dishes they barbequed for us.

We also went to this seafood restaurant (Rezeki Rumah Makan & Seafood) on our last night recommended by my sister's Batam friend. It is a kelong style restaurant, about 15mins drive from Nongsa Point Marina. We had prawns, fish, scallop, a soup, a veg & some coconut juice at a total of S$65. Not terribly cheap, not expensive either.

Read full review on my blog here:

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jennlsk

Reviewed 2 September 2013

Got the deal at groupon for a 2D1N stay at nonga point marina. Staff were polite and helpful, always smiling. Speaks good english. Rooms were clean and spacious. We upgraded to a seaview room with a little garden that leads out to the sea. Steamboat dinner was wonderful. Only thing is that nothing much in the little convenience store and breakfast selection was little. Short walking dist to Turi beach. Overall, had a good relaxing time there. Will be back again !

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed 17 August 2013

Stayed there for business and it was perfect. The first week i stayed in an older challet with a collegue. Moved to a newer appartment and had a perfect stay. The distance to the going out scene nagoya was far, but as it was for business this meant there was less distraction. I can also imagine people having a nice peacefull stay for hollidays. The sunsets are amazing and you can have nice walks to the neighbour resort. Don't feed the monkeys :)

Room Tip: Some challets have not been renovated. The newer ones have airco.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
erueber, General Manager at Nongsa Point Marina & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

Thank you for taking your valuable time writing a favourable review on our resort. Actually all our Chalets and Apartments have air-condition units, yet you are correct some of the recent upgraded Chalets have additional air con units in the living room. I look forward to personally welcome you back again to Nongsa Point Marina and Resort in the neaf Future and in the meantime remain

Reviewed 13 August 2013

Nongsa Point Marina Chalet & Resort is good value for money, especially if you just want to relax. Place is quiet and near the sea. Although it doesn't have a private beach, you can just walk over to Turi beach from the lobby (just 10mins).

6 of us stayed at the 3 bedroom villa/chalet (27A), which is quite old but well maintained. Nothing fantastic about about the room though, and after the first night, we realise that the master bedroom had a faulty aircon that is non-responsive to the remote control and power button on the aircon itself. It continuously blow out super cold air and cannot be shut off since nothing works. There are also quite alot of mosquitoes so we just keep our doors/windows shut all the time.

The chalet comes with a living room with tv and kitchen if you wish to do cooking. No wireless internet is quite a pain and our room is really far from the main lobby. Hence we had to trouble the hotel staff to drive us all the way up back to our room quite a number of times (walking is too tough with old folks in our group and our room is really high up).

The staff there are wonderful, friendly and helpful. They helped us with booking transport to the malls (at least 30mins away), recommendation to cheap nice seafood restaurant, shuttling us from the lobby and neighbouring Turi Beach, deliver hair dryer to our room late at night. They even helped us to check that we have our ferry tickets and tax ready for our departure at the ferry terminal.

Breakfast is normal, buffet and egg station with long long queue. Nothing fantastic but ok.

Just to add on about our experience of waiting for transport since we also stayed there during the National Day period.
We took transport out to Nagoya Hill on 8 Aug and waited about 30mins, with one or two calls to the reception, and their usual reply is that the transport is coming. A minibus from Nongsa Point eventually took us to our destination for 240k IDR, which is reasonable considering that we had to take two cabs to get back for 300k IDR.
On 9 Aug, we booked transport out to Kepri Mall and similarly waited for about 30mins with the routine call to reception and usual reply. This time round, the minibus was not from Nongsa Point since we had booked for a return trip and the driver waited for us at the mall.

Overall, we did not have too much problem with the transport waiting time, but it is pretty costly and time consuming considering the location. Delay could be due to the fact that there seem to be only 2 minibuses for Nongsa Point (based on our observations) which continuously ferries the visitors around the resort. Not too sure about normal cabs, since I hardly see any around.

Room Tip: Try to ask for rooms nearer to the lobby, and check the air con!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank mondtan
erueber, General Manager at Nongsa Point Marina & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2013

Thank you for your valuable, favourable feedback on your recent stay at our Resort. I have noted the challenges of getting transportation during the Public Holidays at our Resort. We are currently in contact and contract negotiation with a professional Taxi company here in Batam to ensure the availability of transportation during peak periods.

I look forward to personally welcome you back again soon, please feel free to contact me directly at : erhard@nongsapointmarina.com if I can be of any assistance for your next booking.

In the meantime I remain

Reviewed 11 August 2013

I did not have much expectations before I arrived at the resort because me and my 3 other friends just wanted a decent respite from Singapore during the long weekend. I arrived on Thursday and checked in into a 2 bedroom chalet, 17A. The chalet was huge, with kitchen, a bedroom on level 1 and level 2 each. However, the patch of floor behind the stairs were dirty and looked like it had not been mopped. I went into the toilet and it was sandy. The sofas were also sandy. We suspected the previous occupants went to the beach and came back with the sand but I also expect the staff to clean the place thoroughly. I didn't want to make a complain because of such a small issue and I went about to wash the toilet, with a very weak shower head. In the afternoon, we wanted to book a cab to Nagoya Hills and called the reception to see to the booking. They had warn us that cabs were hard to get and we needed one hour in advance to get it but we didnt mind the wait. The reception agreed to the timing we arranged and proceeded to get us a cab. When the timing reached, there was no cab. Over the next hour, we called 3-4 times to ask about the cab and the reception kept saying "15 minutes/coming" but nothing happened. We gave up and walked to the reception to demand an answer. After another 15 mins, a taxi arrived and we were ushered into it.

The next day was worse when we wanted to go out. The same thing happen again. I even told the reception I waited more than an hour the previous day and hoped things would not be the same. Again after half an hour we find ourselves walking to the lobby. The four of us spent the next 2 hours sitting in the lobby and confronting the reception every 15 minutes on our taxi. They kept saying they will check/it's coming/15 minutes but nothing happened. Most of the times, they did not even bothered about our presence in the lobby. I ran out of patience after 2 hours and confronted the staff not in uniform behind the counter, which i assume was the manager. His reaction was to say he check, which he then picked up the phone, made some markings on a post-it pad and kept talking to his staff in Bahasa. The next 5 minutes, he and his staff continued talking and even when he finished talking he avoided my gaze. I was totally treated like invisible when I was waiting for a reply. So finally I had enough and asked him whats going on to which he replied he's sorry but there's nothing he can do, it's the cab company who keep telling him its coming. I told him off saying that if there is no cab, be frank and tell me there is no cab rather than keep telling me it's coming or it's 15 minutes. Nearly half an afternoon was spent waiting aimlessly in the lobby. Suddenly, a cab driver appeared (which I believe was not even our cab) and he got his staff to usher us to his cab. And yes, there is always different rates given by the drivers and resort about the price of cab.

This incident is enough to spoil the whole trip. I do not know why people who work in hospitality and service can avoid customer's eye contact and not bothered about their condition. The service you receive is very depersonalised. Nobody knows when you check out, nobody tells you what transport arrangements will be like, nobody introduces the hotel and facilities to you. A resort who can't even get a cab is really terrible. And lies/patronising words makes it worse. Will definitely not be back again

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank swiftblitz

Thank for your valuable feedback on your recent stay during the Idul Fitri Holiday season. First and foremost I sincerely apologize for a marred Holiday Break. I have taken note of the lack of service in the areas as mentioned and appropriate action has been taken. For the transport issue we are in contract negotiation with a professional Taxi company here in Batam to ensure we have transportation secured as well during Public Holidays. Our Housekeeping supervisors are undergoing a refresher training on checking the rooms and Chalets and the use of the provided Check Lists have been enforced. As well our Front Office team is under a refresher training on guest handling and guest contact skills as it seems that an already bad situation has been made worse by the way you had to experience your interactions. Once more I do apologize for the unpleasant experience you had at our resort.

I do hope and look forward to welcome you back again in the near future for you to see that what you experienced was rather an isolated situation and is certainly not the regular standard we provide. Please do feel free to contact me directly at: erhard@nongsapointmarina.com

Erhard M. Rueber

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nongsa
Batam View Beach Resort
Turi Beach Resort
Turi Beach Resort
#2 of 5 in Nongsa
Montigo Resorts Nongsa

Been to Nongsa Point Marina & Resort? Share your experiences!