One of the best relaxing trip I had in recent years, the resort/services itself is magnificent, and what you see in the pictures are pretty much what you get - for once!
After a short transfer from the Nongsa ferry terminal, you arrived at Montigo's hotel lobby that is perched on top of a hill overlooking the sea and part of the resort. It was an amazing sight to behold. It probably helped that we arrived on an early weekday morning, as such there were no other guests in view, and the whole place was very peaceful and serene, with the staff giving us their sole focus and attention.
We got ourselves a Spa Villa, so we were the very first row of villas facing the beach. The spa villas had a little hut/cabana leading down from the private pool, which is a perfect sanctuary for 2 for a quiet time just gazing out into the horizon. The entire villa was well-sized and stocked - complimentary soft-drinks, wifi, cable TV, cooking area/utensils. No major complains!
Which comes about my following point of keeping your own expectations in-check.
Prior to booking this trip, I did a read of 1/2 of the Montigo reviews posted on Trip Advisor. The common poor comments about Montigo were - stained sofas/beds, dirty/uncleaned spots in the rooms/toilets, pool filled with leaves, noisy construction on the 2nd phase of resort. no activities (i.e. water sports, beach, gym), many insects, slow service.
Hence, we came (mentally)prepared.
- Upon entering the villa, we did a quick check on the cleanliness of the villa/furniture, and usability of the electronics/lights/aircon - which were in 95/100 faultless condition.
- We brought some movies/games along
- We stayed a distance from the construction area, as such, we were not affected by the on-going construction at all.
- Insects were easily dealt with insecticide sprays/creams, though there were a lot of ants.
- Slow service, especially so during the peak weakend periods, can be negated with planning, so plan ahead if you need a buggy ride or that bucket of ice as it could take 2-3 calls for them to get your order through.
Overall, we had a nice balance trip of activities and relaxation when we included a round of golf, a trip out to Nagoya shopping city, and Montigo's spa. The staff were all very warm and friendly, and always willing to go that extra mile to assist you.
Two thumbs up to Montigo from me and we will definitely be back sooner than later!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Montigo Resorts Nongsa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Montigo Resorts Nongsa Batam, Indonesia