“Worth the Price You are Paying”

Montigo Resorts Nongsa
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Nongsa
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Although in Batam, the resort is at Nongsa, which is not so commercialized as the main Batam that Singaporeans go to.

The price that you are paying for is definitely worth - think private villa with 2 bedroom, private pool + sunset view in you living room + sun rise view when you wake up. What more are you asking for? It is like your dream home that is just a mere 30 mins ferry ride away.

Though there were a few hiccups during the stay, but being in the same industry, I do understand that such things happen, and they were recovered quickly in any case. Thanks to all the staff that were on duty to solve such issues.

Villa - 3 story villa.
1st story, Living room, Kitchen and private pool. Wii inclusive.
2nd story - 2 bedrooms. Master bedroom with a bath tub and 2 person use counter
3rd story - Your own rooftop!

Environment - Greenery everywhere, though far from the main shopping areas, but there's a shuttle bus service.

Staff - all friendly and helpful, maybe except the heavy breakfast flow that drives every staff busy.

So, won't you want to have a trip down yourself?

Room Tip: All rooms will give you a good view. No worries!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Janicia S
There are newer reviews for Montigo Resorts Nongsa

Reviewed 18 June 2014

What a lovely getaway for my husband & me. We just got married a week ago & my husband's boss booked us a stay here. The villa is HUGE. Love the private pool. The spa was phenomenal. Great therapists. Food was alright. It's nice that wherever we go, we are greeted by smiling faces. Even at wee hours of the morning. The added bonus was the screening of world cup matches. My husband & I are soccer fans so it truly completed our experience. Will return with our family!
Special mention to John Lee for his warm welcome! (:

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Jacqueline J
Von G, General Manager at Montigo Resorts Nongsa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

First and foremost, congratulations for both of you and thank you very much for your review.

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and I am also happy that our staff were able to meet your needs.

Thank you very much once again and we are all looking forward to welcoming you back for another great stay with your family at Montigo Resorts Nongsa.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

A short getaways with my wife and baby + 2 friends.
In fact I just came back today from the trip. Stayed from 12 June 2014 to 13 June 2014.
I am actually been recommended by relatives for this resort. Seen the website and read review that is good.

Self reserved this through the Singapore Rep and for BBQ (Bad experience and miscommunication...)
When we reached Montigo, we received warm welcome. I actually read there are welcome drinks and towels so I request for them even when not offered one. The staff Asep was shocked that we were not offered and rushed to get them for us. A cold towel welcome is really refreshing under the hot sun. Check in at the comfort of the sofa, and a while the buggy brought us to our villa. Given complimentary upgrade to hill top villa but in my opinion no difference actually.

In fact, we (my friends, wife and I) found the villa impressive. The person also explained and checked to ensure our air cons are working. Nice living room space, Big masterbed room, Terrence with a nice sea view but this can also be enjoy at the balcony pool. Service calls were quite prompt with our requests fulfilled.

However, during our late afternoon time, there seem to be a power trip and the TV reception and WIFI are lost. Again they were quickly rectified but in the middle of the night and at night we experienced about 2 or 3 times power trip again.... And even though they are restored fast, but imagine you are in the toilet and all of a sudden black out...

The BBQ prices seem to be quite different from what the Singapore Sales rep and tour agency had explained to me. They claimed that the food price are excluding the BBQ SEtup but the resort reception said the otherwise. If we knew the prices are inclusive of BBQ setup we will go ahead rather than BBQ setup separately and getting my own bbq food.

At night there are plenty of insects but we dined indoor so not an issue.
The next day we encountered, a sudden small flow of shower water.

It could be a better 5 star ratings if the BBQ prices are explained properly to us (the discrepancy between montigo reception an Singapore montigo sales), the frequent power trips and shower water flow fixed then it will be perfect. Lastly, the toilet somehow stinks and we have to keep the door close to contain the smell, and also the toilet paper holder is located in a low awkward area and if this can be rectified will be good.

The ratings of VERY GOOD as the view from terrance, balcony pool and resort feels are fantastic. The room cleanliness especially flooring is commendable, as I have a baby running around and most of the time we walked barefooted and yet our foots are not blackened. Breakfast varieties however can be improved.

Room Tip: No difference among the rooms, we choose the cheapest room
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sggolf
Reviewed 12 June 2014

A last minute decision to stay 2 nights over the past weekend in June to getaway from the city, no regrets! A convenient trip, 30 minutes from Tanah Merah ferry terminal in SG, about 7 minutes from Nongsa jetty to hotel! We got delayed at Nongsa jetty due to SG president departure in the evening, otherwise it is smooth clearance at immigration. Welcomed by the Manager John and his team on arrival at the hotel with a nice refreshing cold towels and welcome drinks! Shortly after a buggy ride to our villa! 3 floors high & very spacious! A white concept throughout the villa, a nightmare of cleaning job but kudos to the housekeeping cleaning team! Very clean villa and super spacious for 2 of us! Living room is large and comfortable and a outdoor infinity pool connected to a wooden gazebos equipped with lights, ceiling fan and a set of comfortable bean bags to chill! Our villa is numbered in the 100s with picturesque view of unobstructed view of the ocean and Singapore city, amazing view! Took some beautiful photos of the SG city when it was about to rain and a sunset shot next sunny day. It was an eating and relaxation trip - Dinner on arrival at Pantai restaurant by Chef Ali who visited the diners table, try the sambal prawn dish and steamed fish! Breakfast at TADDs overlooking the sea and SG city, nearby pool, friendly staff attentive to your needs got us seated longer than we should!!! The variety of local food and combination of American buffet breakfasts were very good! We like it so much we came back for lunch again to another carefully crafted Indonesian dishes, thanks again to Chef Ali we met again during lunch, very engaging and takes pride in his dishes. Dinner was out in the city and of course next day we came back for breakfast without a doubt and Mr Zainal the manager and his team from Java (we forgot their names!) pampered us with local noodle, quality orange juice and coffee. The villa has 2 bedrooms, a spacious toilet and bath with a glass top ceiling emitting natural light Screening the blue sky! The branded French bathroom amenities were of very good quality! Comfortable heavenly bed overlooking the South China Sea. The 3rd floor deck of the villa can organize roof top BBQ - the resort offers BBQ package on request. Housekeeping staff were service oriented and good cleaning the rooms and they top up additional amenities. I like how the resort provided, mosquito repellant spray, electric burner and insect spray! Well thought of for a resort that is surrounded by greeneries!
We had spa treatment and the manager Yaya were very friendly, seen with other guests in the spa, she recommended us relaxing treatment massage which was to the word itself! The outdoor pool is beautiful and has very nice day beds you can chill. We left on a Saturday avoided the weekend crowd enjoyed our 2 nights stay thoroughly! We will be back and looking forward bring our friends/ families the next time!!! Well done Montigo!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Fivemaxdive
Von G, General Manager at Montigo Resorts Nongsa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Dear Guest,

First and foremost, I would like to thank you for your continuous support to choose Montigo Resorts for your recent stay and your valued time spent writing this review.

I am delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us again and I am also happy that our staff were able to meet your needs. Please rest assured that your feedback with regards to the resort infrastructure have been discussed with our Chief Engineer and necessary action have been planned to look into improvements.

Thank you once again and I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Took a short 3D2N getaway with 3 other friends and it was my first trip to Batam. Pick-up at the ferry terminal was prompt and transfer took only 15mins. Check-in was a breeze and they allowed us an early check-in at 10am. We were then transported to our villa by a buggy and our villa was away from reception but very close to the pool and restaurant.

We chose a seaview villa and the view was lovely. The villa is very spacious and overall clean at a glance. The floor is not gleaming white but it feels clean. Personally I am not overly particular about cleanliness as long as I dont get bugs.We had a problem with the door to our bathroom and it was rectified immediately with a call to reception. The private plunge pool is nice but honestly we didnt use it at all. Being sun worshippers we preferred to catch the rays on deck chairs. There are two pools in the resort so no problem getting a space to laze.

The resort is an hour away from the main shopping area, Nagoya Hill. Getting there an back is easy, just get a cab from reception. Return trip is RP400000. We headed there on both days to get massage, lunch etc. Unfortunately food is not that great in the resort so we only had our breakfast there which was complimentary. Our other meals were in Nagoya Hill. We hung out for awhile at the bar in the resort on Saturday night for drinks. Quite a ghost town at night in the resort despite the many groups of youngsters we saw in the day.

We experienced a short blackout on the second night but this was rectified within 5 minutes after we reported it. On the first night when we returned from a visit to town, we had a rather strange encounter with housekeeping as they were leaving our villa after turndown. As they were leaving, we spotted many ants crawling about on the sofa and we quickly told the housekeeping. They advised us to get the insecticide from our bedroom to get rid of the ants and that's about it. We were kind of expecting them to help us with it. Anyway, not a big issue for us, we used a magazine to hit the ants to get them off the sofa. Decided not to use the insecticide as it would get into the sofa and erm...imagine the next guest with kids rolling about on the sofa.

On the last day, as we were taking the 6pm ferry, we requested for late check out. Official check out is 12noon. Unfortunately they are very strict about this and called us twice at our villa to get us out.

Anyhow, we had a relaxing time in the resort which was what we wanted. Not a spectacular resort but service staff were excellent, all smiley and helpful.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank cml77

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I have taken note of your comments on the food at our restaurants and this will form part of our continual reviewal process with a view of providing the best service to our guests with the best food available to offer. I have also taken note on the turndown service which comment I have shared with our Executive Housekeeper with a view on improving.

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and I look forward to your return in the near future.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Me and my friends stayed at Villa 78 in 23 - 25 May 2014 for a 3D2N getaway in Montigo. The villa was nice but however, it was full of insects. We were greeted by lots of houseflies at the dinning table during our BBQ dinner til we have to off the lights to eat in peace. There was even flying cockroaches, certain parts of the floor in the living room were stained. There were some kinda bugs and spider on the floor near to the staircase as well as on the staircase, big ants were sighted on the curtain as well on the kitchen top. We hope the management can do something to improve the conditions of the insects as it is really very unhygienic. Room service was super slow too, we called for the air pump twice for our float but it wasn't delivered eventually, called for ice to be delivered but we have to call 3 to 4 times as its taking too long. The staff promised to clear our BBQ at 10pm but didn't turn up at all, we had to call for housekeeping the next day to clear all the dishes for the BBQ. We doubt we will be going back to Montigo in future.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank Jaskimo

Dear Guest,

I am truly embarrassed by the whole episode.

I have reviewed your feedback with my entire leadership team. I am truly sorry for this experience which is not the usual standards that we strive to achieve.

If I could indulge you to give me a call at +627787768888 at a time of your convenience as I am eager to speak with you on your experience.

Once again, please accept my apologies.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Visiting Montigo for the first time based on many good reviews did not meet up to my expectations at all! The seafront villa was full of insects like mosquitoes, flying cockroaches, moths and even ants crawling on kitchen top. The tiles on the floor were stained.

The overall cleaniness and service of staff of the villa is definitely not up to standard.

Really hope that the management can do something about it !!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank AnnaTan2008

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and I sincerely apologise that your stay did not live up to your expectations but I would like to assure you that this is not the level of standards for which we pride ourselves with. I take note on the room cleanliness and service staff standard which feedback I have shared with our Executive Housekeeper with a view on improving.

I look forward to your return soon so that you can experience the true standards that we are known for.

Best regards

Von Go

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nongsa
Nongsa Point Marina & Resort
#2 of 11 in Batam Center
Angsana Bintan
Angsana Bintan
#5 of 36 in Bintan Island

Been to Montigo Resorts Nongsa? Share your experiences!