“Great service and professionalism, Thanks Marina and Yuri!”

Montigo Resorts Nongsa
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Nongsa
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I visited Montigo on 26th June 2014, Thursday. When I arrived at the lobby, I attempted to make the booking for the shuttle bus to Nagoya hill, but it was filled and I was advised to take a Cab (a cab registered with montigo and carries their sticker) from the lobby to nagoya hill and back, each costing RP 200,000 (Sgd $22) X2, and that it was a flat rate- the cab will wait anywhere we are at and bring us around the area and back. Because me and my friend were caught up at the nail salon, the cab driver waited about 45 minutes for us. We had also prepared a 'tip' and bought 8 doughnuts in a box (RP 45,000) to thank him for his service, because we noted that he hadn't eaten then. On the way back,we were told the extra hour of waiting for us cost $100,000 RP extra.I asked if this was the normal rate and he said yes. So instead of paying $400,000 RP, We paid $500,000 RP. We didn't want to make too much of a fuss, so we paid it anyway.

I was a bit unsure and felt a bit uneasy so I went to ask the front desk, a Miss Marina and Yuri handled my request and told me they will settle it. When I reached my villa at about 30 minutes or less, someone from montigo came to my door with the extra $100,000 RP, it was collected back from the Driver.

With this I would like to thank all montigo staff, esp Miss Marina and Yuri who handled it so professionally to help us get back the $100,00RP that we were cheated of. It showed great professionalism on their part.

The villa was huge! Although I have to say that a lot of the floors were dirty and a little black, but still worth visiting. If you're scared of the big moths you might not want to come, we closed our glass sliding doors so they wouldn't get in! The sunset by the pool view is amazing. The staff are extremely friendly and the buggy service was pretty on time, we got our buggy within 5-10 mins upon calling. Also, it's extremely near nongsapura ferry terminal, 5-15 mins tops by the complimentary bus!

Room Tip: Get the sea view rooms! They're beautiful!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Callyooo
There are newer reviews for Montigo Resorts Nongsa

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Got a chance stay here which is like dreaming coming true.. it happened on 24 June, thats really cool. after finished my duty i just take taxi and take a journey roughly 30mins away..

once we arrived warms and great staff touch my feel. and continue with short brief and WOW the villa was absolutely awesome.

sleeping quality 100% so perfect.

Just Look around all great... since new property. only cleanliness the major issue in the villa..

Room Tip: No Much Different only for the view,, Hillside the best one..
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank MHUDA1510
Reviewed 20 June 2014

It is indeed a nice place but the villa room is full of ants. The wall is dirty so is the floor. I feel digusted. I paid so much for a dirty room. I called the room service to clean up and three hours later no one turn up at my villa. Disappointed as Montigo is not detailed about the cleanliness.

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Neoct
Von G, General Manager at Montigo Resorts Nongsa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Thank you for choosing Montigo Resorts for your recent stay and your valued time spent writing this feedback.

I do apologize for the issues with the room cleanliness in your villa. I have communicated this feedback with my team and we will look into ensuring that such issues are resolved once and for all.

It is always a disappointment to hear from a guest that their stay was not flawless. While compliments are nice to receive, it is constructive feedback, such as yours, that helps us
pinpoint areas where corrective measures are necessary to bring us closer to our goal.

Thank you once again and I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Yours sincerely

Von Go

Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Me and my family stayed here on the 17-19 june 2014. Greeted by smily staffs and were given welcome drink and a cold towel to freshen our sweaty face. Staf brought us to our villa and the view really wowed us. A 3 storey villa with 2 bedrooms and a private pool and private upper deck that is so spacious. It was love at first sight. All staff were great, smiles everywhere and anywhere. All staff were friendly, polite and we can feel the sincerity in them. Food were delicious especially the spaghetti bolognaise. Breakfast:- lots of variations of food. Superb too. Family with kids, there's also kids club and your kids can play and draw. There's 2 public pools too and a gym. Stunning view with sunset right in front of ur villa. Will definitely come back again. Here's a shout out to all the superb staff John Lee, Aloysius Michael, Olid from the pool, faisal, rizal, ,sastro, pak jamal and annie. Thank u once again for the surprise birthday cake

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Fizrif M
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

We went to this hotel to celebrate a friends 30th birthday. He gathered 30 people from different countries around the world to celebrate this.
The hotel was magnificent. They coordinated everything wonderfully with the villas and people.
The villas are absolutely gorgeous: they include a pool and look like a mansion with a roof top terrace.
Our friend had organized a barbecue on the roof top and it was great. The food was wonderful (although maybe a bit insufficient) and the service was great (only thing is they ran a tad late on getting the food ready).
On Saturday night, there was a barbecue and DJ night in the house at the hotel bar by one of the pools and we had great time. The food was again great and the music was a wonderful atmosphere.
All in all, this trip was a little pricey considering we were just a stone throw away from Singapore. But... I felt if was worth it as it was peaceful and beautiful. Highly recommend!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mmeurzec
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Although in Batam, the resort is at Nongsa, which is not so commercialized as the main Batam that Singaporeans go to.

The price that you are paying for is definitely worth - think private villa with 2 bedroom, private pool + sunset view in you living room + sun rise view when you wake up. What more are you asking for? It is like your dream home that is just a mere 30 mins ferry ride away.

Though there were a few hiccups during the stay, but being in the same industry, I do understand that such things happen, and they were recovered quickly in any case. Thanks to all the staff that were on duty to solve such issues.

Villa - 3 story villa.
1st story, Living room, Kitchen and private pool. Wii inclusive.
2nd story - 2 bedrooms. Master bedroom with a bath tub and 2 person use counter
3rd story - Your own rooftop!

Environment - Greenery everywhere, though far from the main shopping areas, but there's a shuttle bus service.

Staff - all friendly and helpful, maybe except the heavy breakfast flow that drives every staff busy.

So, won't you want to have a trip down yourself?

Room Tip: All rooms will give you a good view. No worries!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Janicia S
Reviewed 18 June 2014

What a lovely getaway for my husband & me. We just got married a week ago & my husband's boss booked us a stay here. The villa is HUGE. Love the private pool. The spa was phenomenal. Great therapists. Food was alright. It's nice that wherever we go, we are greeted by smiling faces. Even at wee hours of the morning. The added bonus was the screening of world cup matches. My husband & I are soccer fans so it truly completed our experience. Will return with our family!
Special mention to John Lee for his warm welcome! (:

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Jacqueline J
Von G, General Manager at Montigo Resorts Nongsa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

First and foremost, congratulations for both of you and thank you very much for your review.

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and I am also happy that our staff were able to meet your needs.

Thank you very much once again and we are all looking forward to welcoming you back for another great stay with your family at Montigo Resorts Nongsa.

Yours sincerely

Von Go

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nongsa
Nongsa Point Marina & Resort
#2 of 11 in Batam Center
Angsana Bintan
Angsana Bintan
#5 of 36 in Bintan Island

Been to Montigo Resorts Nongsa? Share your experiences!