“loved it”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Nongsa
Frankfurt
“loved it”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

great location, great food, great villa, very nice staff. Enjoyed my stay there very much, The Villa was so big and luxory, the own pool amazing, the litte spa house with view to Singapore wonderful. Would love to go there again. The indonesians are so friendly and offer such great hospitality that it´s really enjoyable to spend time there.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank snokie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 12 July 2014

It is a beautiful place but there is a whole long list of things that went wrong.
First communication before the stay was all mixed up. I booked 2villas. 1 for 1night and the other one for 2nights. Everything was stated in the email but somehow they seems a bit confuse so I got a friend who speak their language to call them up to re-confirm my booking dates and request of baby cot, BBQ pit and if they could give us or we will pay for a birthday cake and also ferry timing.
Check in was a breeze... Staff was very friendly... But the villa's floor seriously needs to be mopped and polish. The toilets isn't every clean too. Shelves were a bit dusty. Swimming pool walls needs to scrub as well. Cleanliness was a disappointment to me as u see a few notice of "award winning resort".
Luckily I went to re-confirm with the front desk on my friends' arrival time as the have missed out on 1 person.
Requested for a baby cot for the other villa which they were going to check in the next day but found it in my villa. I did tell them to remove it but they didn't.
They were kind enough to provide us a complementary birthday cake but was send on the first night when we requested it to be send on the second night. We told them to take it back and send it the next day at 8pm but they didn't. Anyway by the time we remember it was pretty late at night. So we decided to give it a miss.
And the rest was miscommunication. Which is fine as I understand that we speak different language.
The only two things that I really hope that you can improve in your cleanliness and get someone whom really understand English to do all the replies. As I can see mostly Singaporean there. Not sure if the rest encounter the same problems.

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Jadee64
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Have to send a great thank you to Cut and Aldo, two of the lovely team members of the Montigo Resorts Nongsa. Came with a group of friends and enjoyed a weekend together, soaking in the sun and enjoying the wonders of the resort. Rooms and amenities wise, great value and comfort! Dinner was exceptional with a great array of food and drinks selection. Breakfast was equally impressive with 5 live stations cooking your every delight. And the pastries were oh so delectable! Absolutely Fantastic!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Ian S
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Was disappointed with my first visit in May 2014. But was impressed with the manager service recovery of the bad experienced during the first visit.

I decided to give it a chance and choose this resort for my company trip of 8 to Montigo resort on 8th July to 9th July.

First impression was good when we reach the resort at 10am. Friendly staff greet and serve us Welcome drink and clean towels for us.

Check in was smooth and fast. Manage to check into our villas straight away which was a surprise as official check in time is 3pm.

Staff was knowledge and able to help us with all our requests and questions on the activities, facilities and the booking of limousine.

The barbecue at the villa is the highlight of the stay. But you must book and arrange it in advance. Couples, family or with group of friends will definitely enjoy this barbecue at the rooftop with nice view of the seas.

The manger John who told me to give the resort a second chance after my bad experience. Initially I was giving it a second though but after I visited it again it was worth a 2nd visit.

I strongly recommend it if you want to have a short get away from the city life. The service and the resort is super, most important is all my staff enjoy it very much. Will be back again soon.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank kinokeen
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I always wanted to go Montigo due to the view and I love to eat in Batam. So on my birthday week, I book a seafront villa that has an excellent view when soaking in your own private pool. Montigo also allows in-villa BBQ for those BBQ lovers. I use The Entertainer app for the 1 night for another night offer under the free travel app that came along when I purchased the app! Thus thanks to The Entertainer, I received the best birthday gift (An extra night over at Montigo Resort). Each villa has 3 levels and is huge!

Room Tip: Get the seafront villa with good view towards the sea!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PinXun
Singapore
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

For the price that we paid, the view and condition of the villa were pretty bad. There's some construction going on so it really destroyed the could-have-been beautiful sea view. Kitchen facilities are mediocre (would advise you to order in-room or head out for dinner) but the saving grace was really the staff. You could see that they really try their best to make their guests smile.

Wouldn't visit again though.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Peachvodka
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My family and i visited Montigo during our june school hoilday. The villa was huge. The kids love the pool. Restaurant was good and affordable. Only things is i have to pay extra for my another kid for $100++ per nite. I was told that i this included extra bed but i was not given any. Only things is quite expensive for the villa

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank suzana1902
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nongsa
Radisson Golf & Convention Center Batam
HARRIS Hotel Batam Center
HARRIS Hotel Batam Center
#2 of 11 in Batam Center
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,435 reviews

Been to Montigo Resorts Nongsa? Share your experiences!