“The best short break ever”

Montigo Resorts Nongsa
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Nongsa
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This is my first trip to Batam after 6-7 years and this is definitely the nicest part of Batam. Group of 4 friends is the best combination as we all fit nicely into the villa. We were picked up at the terminal after crossing the custom and it is just a 10 min ride to the villa, check-in is pretty late but I imagine everyone checking out late. Had a leisure swim by the pool restaurant and lunch is delicious, far exceeded my expectations. Upon check-in, we were wowed by how beauitful and spacious the place is, 3 floors for us to lounge around. Living room that opens to the plunge pool, best sunset view! We had BBQ in the villa great service by 2 chefs and 1 butler, feeling very pampered. Always driven around by a buggy, and it is once of the most affordable luxury stay around Singapore. Skip the shopping center as it is a 45 min drive there and nothing attractive apart from A&W, classic!

Room Tip: Basic level villas is as good as sea front as view is not blocked
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jazhel L
Von G, General Manager at Montigo Resorts Nongsa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us. I am also happy to know that our staff were able to meet your needs and please rest assured that your feedback will be shared with the team.

We look forward to your returning to Batam and to Montigo Resorts.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

It was one of the most beautiful resorts in Batam and it is awesome for a short getaway with your friends! Staff are really friendly and helpful. Price could be a bit pricey in Indonesia standard but for the standard of the villa we are getting, there is no complains!

Check out my blog at http://wanderlust-tales.blogspot.sg/ for further details on the itinerary we had for our 2 days 1 night stay and more photos.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Von G, General Manager at Montigo Resorts Nongsa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Motigo Resorts! I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and found our staffs are friendly and helpful!

We very much look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 17 August 2014

I had pretty high expectations for Montigo after reading the reviews. As I am a beach bummer, I have stayed in a handful of beach villas and for the price I am paying for Montigo, I think the service is quite disappointing.

Things went wrong from the 1st night we checked in.

1.We were given a villa with ppl staying inside. We'd to return to the reception to sort the issue.

2. Upon check-in, I reminded the staff on my sister's ferry arrival the next morning, I have also sent an email to Montigo to confirm all the ferry pick up. But apparently, the pick up did not have my sister's name and she had to wait at the ferry terminal for another transport to be arranged.

3. We called for in-flight breakfast as we were told during check in that breakfast in villa is possible. After making our breakfast order, I was told over the phone that all the orders made are chargeable! I was very surprised because I wasn't told when I asked about in-flight breakfast. So we had to quickly wash up and change and rush to the restaurant for our complimentary breakfast.

4. Hair Dryer wasn't working, called for house keeping but it never came.

5. Montigo agreed to allow us to check out at 1pm. But house keeping came knocking at our door at 12 noon. So we had to let them in to clean up the rooms while we are still in the villa!

6. Upon check out, we called reception for buggy service, but no one picked up the call. So we decided to stand outside our villa to try our luck to grab a buggy. But none picked us up and we waited for a good 20 minutes under the Hot Sun.

7. While settling our bill for the stay, a 2 million rupiah Spa was miraculously charged to my villa when I did not do any spa throughout my stay. Reception staff still showed me the Spa receipt indicating my villa no. and still wanting us to pay for the Spa. We had no choice but to say NO firmly, then the staff removed the payment.

7. We needed transport to Nagoya, the concierge arranged for a taxi and I was already sitting in the taxi that the concierge staff told us to hop on to, but to my surprise there was another group of guest who was also asked to board the taxi by their concierge staff. And I was ask to leave the taxi. Then we had to wait for another cab for another 20 mins with all our bags. We were one of the first to ask for a taxi, but ended up being the last to get a taxi.

I realize there is no communication between all the staff in montigo. We have to keep repeating ourselves, and the information given to us is so so so so confusing. The stay was all around the place, instead of feeling relax, we felt so stressful having to be worried of all the arrangements.

Montigo management should do more training in managing Guest's request and providing full information to all Guest.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Von G, General Manager at Montigo Resorts Nongsa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2014

Dear Sharon,

I am truly embarrassed by the whole episode. I have reviewed your feedback with my entire leadership team. I am truly sorry for this experience which is not the usual standards that we strive to achieve.We offer no excuses but sincere apologies on areas that did not meet your expectation and I am totally agree that things should have turned out better if we had handle it swiftly.

I certainly hope that these issues will not mar your impression towards the resort. If I could indulge you to give me a call at +627787768888 at a time of your convenience as I am eager to speak with you on your experience.

Once again, please accept my apologies.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Good: Clean rooms, each villa comes with a Nintendo Wii console and a ipod docking station for our use. Quiet and nice surrounding.

Bad: Staff response to guests' request is the slowest that I have ever experienced anywhere in this world. One bucket of ice came only after two calls to the front desk and more than an hour later. Similarly when we needed a staff to check on the Wii controller which wasn't working. I was glad we were about 15villas away from the main lobby (which is not a very easy walk too, given the slopes along the way) and not any further...because the buggy rides we requested for never ever came as promised by the front desk, and each time we waited for more than half an hour and eventually decided to just walk out.

I felt that this resort has been terribly failed by its staff...but if travellers are not too concerned about the slow responses from front desk, this resort is definitely worth a visit.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Hands down, the best service out of all the asian hotels/ resorts I've stayed. Staff are efficient, extremely helpful and reliable.

The resort itself is gorgeous. Lovely interior deco of the villas. Food is really not bad. Didn't get a chance to try the spa because it was under renovation while I was there.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank faddyfudge

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to hear that your stay was enjoyable and thank you very much for commending our staff for their service.

We look forward to welcoming you back to try out our Spa soon!

Reviewed 9 August 2014

I've heard a lot about Montigo Resort before I went over and I have to say that the resort didn't disappoint. Stayed there for 1 night with colleagues for Team Building Session. We didn't really have much time to enjoy the villa itself as we had to attend seminars and activities.

However, we were wowed by the spacious villa and the accomodities in the villa itself. There is a small swimming pool in the balcony of the 1st floor living room. We had a sea view room and the view from the balcony was beautiful.

The 2nd floor is the sleeping area with 2 bedrooms. The master bedroom consists of a king size bed and the other bedroom has 2 twin beds. Each room has its own bathroom and TV. The bathroom in the master bedroom was huge with a really cute bathtub.

The 3rd floor is basically just an open area for you to lounge around.

The staff are really friendly and always ready to help. As the resort is huge, they have buggies to drive you from your villa to wherever you want to go. You can make a call from your villa for a buggy to fetch you. However, there was once the buggy took more than half an hour to arrive. In such a case, you may wish to go outside and just hail one if you saw a buggy coming.

The only complaints I have for the resort is that the floor of the villa is not really clean and there is no screen door to keep insects out. The floor felt a bit sticky and we had to wear slippers throughout. Also, the wifi suddenly stopped working near midnight.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank mercredi_jia
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Whatever that we experienced in this wonderful Resort was just outstanding. Stayed there for 2 nights & the place makes you feel like home. On the first day we arrived to the port, there were 2 Montigo associates (Saravana & the other staff- forgot his name) was help in assisting us immediately with our bags & transport us to the resort. When we arrived at the entrance of the resort, we were ‘wowed’ with the welcome we had. It was just amazing!
They had prepared our check-in in our room, this add us with more relaxing environment. We had Villa 92, a 3 level 2 bedroom villa & it was fantastic. It was huge & spacious beautiful villa with a plunge pool just outside the ground floor balcony. The sunset was just breathtaking! Our villa came with a rooftop & you can feel the coziness with the matching furniture & the view was awesome. Everything in the room it makes us feels comfy, clean & at ease. The Housekeeping team did an exceptional job there. That night, we had some delicious local dishes in Tadds & our waitress (forgot her name) was very attentive.
The next day we were treated with a huge selection of local & international breakfast at the same restaurant we went last night. It was so calm when you having breakfast beside the pool & the fine-looking view. The chefs & servers there was also attentive & friendly. We spend the whole afternoon in our gorgeous just in the pool & admiring the view. Our day became better when we visited the Montigo Spa, the Spa Manager explain to us everything about our treatment as we went for Javanese Lulur. The treatment was heaven & our therapist (May & the other- forgot her name again!) did an absolutely amazing job. We had dinner at a restaurant (Pantai), the food (mainly seafood) & service was good.
The check-out the next day was a pleasant one as the team created a fond farewell for us.
All the Associates there were so friendly, competent & just lovely, this makes our stay even more tranquil & relaxing. Everything there was wonderful & I’m very sure we will be back there again .Thank you so much for giving us a brilliant & fantastic hospitality time there at Montigo Resort. This would be a place I recommend for those who desire to get away from a city life.
I would like to say thanks to Yaya & her Spa team, all the chefs, Zainal & his F&B team, Saravanan & his Housekeeping team, John & his Front Office team & those who involve in making our stay just incredible. I do apologies that I missed out a few names. Thank you again!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Dougmdm
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nongsa
Nongsa Point Marina & Resort
#5 of 36 in Bintan Island
HARRIS Hotel Batam Center
HARRIS Hotel Batam Center
#2 of 11 in Batam Center

Been to Montigo Resorts Nongsa? Share your experiences!