“Planning”

Batam View Beach Resort
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Nongsa
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Hi,

I am planning to go to Batam View Beach Resort maybe end of this year or beginning of 2015.

We have 7 adults, 3 Children (age 12, 11 & 3).

We would prefer villa with 2 bedroom facing the sea.

Would you be able to quote me accordingly.

Thanks
Summer

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Batam View B, Manager at Batam View Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Warmest Greetings from Batam View Beach Resort!

Thank you for your interest in our 2 bed-rooms Villa.

Kindly drop us an e-mail to reservation2@batamview.com or call +65 288 8138. Our reservation team will be there to assist you with your bookings.

We are looking forward to welcome your family and you to Batam View Beach Resort!

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Stayed at the waterfront villas which were charming but that was just about the only positive from our stay. F&B options were severely limited and rather expensive. Sea sports centre was closed and the private 'beach' was in such bad condition that I kept my flip flops on for all the 5 minutes i was there. Absolutely nothing to do at the resort and travelling out for activities will cost more. If you are not planning to stay in the villas then you should just choose another hotel.

The management should really do something to revamp the place as it is really in a sad state, especially when you compare it to the newer resorts in the area.

I did however find the front desk staff to be pleasant, although they did attempt to fleece me a couple of times but I could sort of tell that it was the direction of the higher-ups.

Will not return.

Room Tip: Go with the water front villas or skip this place totally.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Batam View B, Manager at Batam View Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Valued Guest Nan G,

Greetings from Batam View Beach Resort!

I am sadden to learn of the disappointments you encountered during your stay, which is far from the level of service we aspire to provide nor is it what our guests have a right to expect. Your valuable feedback is a great tool for me to share with my team so we can avoid similar instances.

First and foremost, we do have to apologise that some aspects of your stay with us was not to your exacting expectation. It is truly unbecoming of us. Please allow me to address some of the comments mentioned in the review.

In order to provide our guests with better facilities and services, Seasports Center was unavailable at that moment due to upgrading purposes. However, while our Seasports Center is closed for upgrading, we do provide free shuttle to our nearby Resort for Seasports. Our new Jetski and Canoe are currently available at our Resort since 14 June 2014. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused.

We have taken note of all your invaluable feedback, and I want to personally assure you that I have shared each and every one of them with the relevant departments particularly your comments on our F&B variety and our Private beach. The next time round, let me invite you to our buffets on weekend or on weekday, we do have ala carter menus, do try our Nasi Goreng Batam View at the price of SGD12 nett and many more choices from our menu.

Rest assures that the necessary amends will be in place in the next following months.

Once again, we thank you for taking your time to write this review. Batam View Beach Resort look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Would like to give an objective view.. and hopefully the hotel can take this as a constructive feedback. And future guests can take this as something to manage their expectations :

Date of stay : 30 May to 1 June 2014
Room Type : Executive Suite

The day started of badly. Upon arrival at the Nongsa Ferry Terminal, we were told to look out for the hotel staff carrying the hotel sign to shuttle us to the hotel. As we have been to Batam and Bintan before, we are quite familiar with how this works. But everyone has cleared the immigration and have boarded their shuttle to the respective hotels, except us (me, wife and 3 lil' kids). Before the last shuttle left, one of the staff (from a different) hotel asked me who I was waiting for. Told him Batam View and he told me that Batam View is a yellow bus and the bus has already left. I was puzzled. How could this be as my family was among the first few people to clear immigration. The ferry passengers were nice enough to let us move out from the ferry first as our kids are very young. That staff offered to call the hotel for me and left after that. But just to be sure, I called the hotel myself also using my handphone. A while later, the bus came with a staff. Guess what, I actually saw this staff when I alighted from the ferry. But he was attending to a young couple.. who apparently had express clearance due to some package that they signed up for. So the staff was giving this couple VIP treatment and left without us. Note : There was no prominent signage that he was carrying. He was only wearing a yellow polo shirt with the words Batam View on the sleeve in small fonts. So guests who intend to stay here.. forget about the signage. The hotel uniform is YELLOW. Look out for staff in YELLOW and a YELLOW bus.

Arrived at the hotel. Check in was a breeze as the crowd usually comes in on Saturday, not Friday. Given our key and staff directed us to the lift to go up to level 5. Waited for abt 3 mins only to realise that the lift was not working. Went to the counter to ask the staff and they replied "Oh yes, the lift is under repair. You may want to use the lift at the other wing up to level 5. But you have to walk across to your wing.. sorry about it". I'm not a fussy guest.. so I was ok to take the lift from the other wing and walk over to the wing that my room was located in, even though wife and my eldest daughter were having motion sickness from the ferry. Reached level 5 and guess what. Apparently the spa is located at L5 and we can't cross over to our wing from there. The spa staff told us to take the lift to L4 instead and cross over. We did as we were told.. and as the lift was still under repair, that would mean that we need to take the stairs up to L5 from our wing. Bumped into a staff that checked us in at L4 of our wing. Told him what had happened and he said "Oh yes.. I didn't realise L5 cannot walk across. Yah there's a spa there". I told him I would walk up the stairs.. but he didn't even offer to carry my luggage up even though I was carrying 1 backpack and carrying my 2yr old son in my arms. I actually had to ask him if he could help to carry my 1 luggage that he agreed.

That was how our day started. The next few days.. breakfast was good. Ordered room service and ate the food at the lounge.. food was good. Had the dinner at the seafood kelong.. also not too bad. Price wise.. reasonable. Room service is expensive.. so eat at the hotel lounge is cheaper.

In terms of staff service, I don't think it is up to Indonesia's standard. I'm not a frequent traveller, but those few times that I have travelled to Indonesia (be it Batam, Bintan or Bali), there's this trait that we always see in the staff. They are very friendly, always greeting you with a smile even if they see you from far. Some hotels have a signature greeting by putting their hand on their chest. If they see you 50 times a day.. they will still greet you 50 times that day. But I do not get that at this hotel. Not that I crave to be treated like that.. but I do not get that sense of friendliness in the staff.

Perhaps I was unfortunate that I came at a time when they have a few very new staff (a few of them looked very young indeed). So perhaps, the incidents I had on my first day was due to staff not having the knowledge due to inexperience. Hope things will get better for this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Cyranocrash
Batam View B, Manager at Batam View Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from Batam View Beach Resort!

We do appreciate your valuable feedback which is beneficial to the success of our Resort’s operations. It allows the management the opportunity to review guests’ feedback and evaluate our organization’s performance from the perspective of our guests.

Do allow me to apologise for the service shortcomings you experienced and I assure you I have personally addressed them with the team to ensure we deliver a more memorable experience for our future guests.

I do hope that this stay does not sway your opinion of our Resort to look somewhere else next time you come to Batam Island.

We look forward to be of service to you again in Batam View Beach Resort
and please feel free to reach us if you would need any assistance.

Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Used to be my favourite hotel with one stop service from sports, spa, beach, kelong seafood and liveband, ktv etc. Had frequent in the past with times.

This round was sad to see the hotel room run down with little crowd. Place is still beautiful but the hotel had cut cost in many ways. Only two bath towels in toilet and does not supply in room tea & coffee facilities for superior room anymore. We paid for S$50 for dinner but was served with economical set meal without any seafood which was costly. We used to get a good seafood set dinner but this round a real disappointment with the economical dishes. The food & drinks are not cheap from the cafe and lounge.

It's sad to hear the spa & massage will be closed next week as it was always pack previously.

Overall, the place is consider good with beach & sports facilities plus the live band is still as good as before. You will enjoy the quiet ambience if you are looking for resort stay. There's no wifi except lobby and cafe. They had stop the shuttle service to Nagoya and will have to take taxi.

• Stayed: May 2014
4  Thank Jess F
Andy123_GM, General Manager at Batam View Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Hi Jess, First and foremost, I would like to thank you for your long term support towards Batam View Beach Resort and your comments certainly will be our guide to improve our overall services. I have taken note every comments be it positive or shortcoming from us, i have directed all my heads of department to look into this issues as mentioned. Once again look forward to serve you again @ Batam View Beach Resort. Cheers have a good day!! your sincere Anddy Fong

Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Wanted to escape for the long weekend so my husband & I chose Batam View Beach Resort after reading most reviews that it is not bad. I love the excellent service of booking via email directly with them. Queries were replied quite immediately and their package included everything including ferry so was really easy for us. Upon arrival at Nongsapura ferry terminal, there was already a staff who attended to everything including express custom check in so everything was a breeze.
We were given a pretty decent clean room. We took the shuttle service to Nagoya Hills for shopping then was sent back to hotel at 2pm. Oh we were happy that when we arrived at 9+am our room was already ready.
Back in the hotel, we checked our the pool which was ok but dont expect too much. We tried the massage for both foot & back and my advice is dont bother cos the masseurs were all male n my hubby & me were in pain even the next day because they dont seem to understand not to use so much force. Personally I was not too comfortable with my masseur. The most silly thing was that we cant charge the bill to our room and had to pay cash which we nearly did not have enough and had to change our singapore currency. In the night, the kelong seafood restaurant was a big disappointment! Service was slow until every table was chasing for their food and when served food was not hot. This restaurant does not accept credit cards! Luckily we could charge to the room. Next day we had our lunch at the cafe's coffee shop and the food was good. Again we were told their credit card machine was not working and we ended up paying singapore dollars. Overall it's a nice place to chill but dont expect much.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I was there for two days of business trip.
First there will be no wifi provided at room, as there will be only cable internet available in the room. Unfortunately, it was very slow. The air-con in my room is ok, but my other colleagues complained that their room is not cold enough. The room was clean.
Our meeting room's air con was terrible, it was hot during the hot sunny day. of course, it became cooler when it was raining.
The first day of my breakfast is not really good. Somehow they improved it the second day. The Kelong restaurant food is quite good, but the bbq by the pool we had was terrible, the food was cold and not that nice. The bbq did not even exist, because they are bringing the food from the kitchen, and the grilling pan outside is just for a show.
Did not went out to the beach cause it's a short beach.
Overall scenery is nice during the sunset and sunrise. Prepare your camera and wait for the sun to set or rise. Worth it!
Overall, if you want to have a relaxing weekend out from any busy city, this should be it. but for business and even good food, better go somewhere else.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Check in :31/03/2014
Check out : 01/04/2014
Me and my wife.. Just wanna have a getaway holiday.. So we book in.... Into batam view resort 4 start.. To me its like already 5 star.... I admit.. The place there is all forest... U are in middle of no where..... But this place is good for those who wants privacy.. Silent.... Relaxing mind and hear the nature..... When i step in the hotel... The shuttle service from the ferry terminal was very friendly... They drive slow.. Let us see the nature there.... Brw it was 10 min drive from the ferry terminal to the batam view resort...when arrive... I was well greeted by the reception... They then offer us a welcome drink.. Nice orang juice!!! The room was big enough.... Every thing they have in it.... All the basic stuff... Toiletries are well equiped.... Bath tub!! Big!!! This is the best part.... I open up the curtain to c my view.. Damn... The window can be open to.. U can walk out. There is a balcony!!!! I alwiz stand there wif my wif.. Chit chatting looking at the ocean view..... Damn lovely!! Please take note i admit the wooden furniture in there looks like already paint coming off.. To me its nothing... Its natural... Even if u change new ones. It will come back like that again.. As the place is beside the sea... Humidity.. Water condensation.. All this will effect the condition of the place... Important is... The room is clean .. No dust!! Even the balcony is clean !! Of lets cut my story short.. If i type all.. It be too long.... Let me just summarise it...
Reception counter: 10/10
Louge bar: 10/10
Swimming pool: clean! 10/10
Beach side: 10/10 clear water!!!
Karaoke lounge... They bring u down in a secret dungeon.. Scary dungeon.... No one is there... Its under the resort.. Underground... U can sing all u want shout out loud.... 10/10.... Wangi melati... Food cheap... We had great western breakfast buffet... Indonesian style of linch and dinner..... Very nice hot food!!! Tasty.. Good chef and friendly staff and polite.... Very proactive and initiative...
Dun forget the 5th dimension spa!! U must not miss... 29singapore dollars per person.... For whole body massage... Front and back... For 1 hr.. Half and hour no oil.. Half and hour wif old... No worries.. Those couple u can request for same room... While massaging its damn strong painful massage... But its great.. We chit chat and laugh all the way.. Then while massaging the view its great.... Facing the swimming pool... After that they serve us wif tea coffee.. Then to sauna!!! Those who said 29 person for all this is expensive.. I dunno wat to said.... Spa and massage: 10/10...
Live band at 8pm.. Was very2 entertaining.. They are really professional... Any songs i ask request.. They play well and sing well.... Hahaha 10/10..... Every wate we walk in the hotel.. We are alwiz well greeted.. I can personally view that they are well manered and well train... They treat their guest like kings... The islander bar lounge... Cocktail.. Orange juice... That i have tried... Is only... 50000rupiah!! Equals to: $5.50 singapore... Its so cheap...i dun understand some people still complaint expensive... U cant get a drink in a hotel ir resort for 1 dollar plus.. U tink wat coffee shop? Kopitiam?? I really enjoy the stay here wif my wife.. And i would highly recomend to couples and family.... Who wants to relax their mind.. In a quite enviroment... No shopping.... There is no shopping there.... Only gift shops and their lobby.. And the things and so cheap.... Please dun be so cheapskate... Compare their money wif us.. with us... I change 100 singapore... I can play and use most of the things in the resort.. I still come back and got change of singapore 20 dollars.... So... Its cheap... Please go there and judge urself... And one more thing its not haunted.... The place its incredible.... I and my wife and planning to go there every 3months once..... To relax... For wifi..... Just go down to lobby... And u can use.... Why wanna use phone. Check emails at there? Off ur phone!! Time to realx ur mind there.. Forget about business and work.... Just enjoy the enviroment, And ur loves one there.... Overall.. Its the best experience i have there wif my wife.... I would like to thank all the staff and crew member there for a well service trained and well manered train... U guys should all upgrade to 5 star resort!! Will come again soon....

Regards... Fidzal

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Fidzal
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nongsa
Nongsa Point Marina & Resort
2 mi away
Turi Beach Resort
Turi Beach Resort
#2 of 5 in Nongsa

Been to Batam View Beach Resort? Share your experiences!