“Good, can be better”

Batam View Beach Resort
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Nongsa
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Stayed at this resort over the past weekend as part of a company event.

Pros:
1. Clean & Spacious Rooms
2. Very friendly staff
3. Nice swimming pool & facilities.
4. Near to the beach
5. Near to the Ferry jetty

Cons:
1. Far from any shopping locations

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank joel_low
Andy123_GM, General Manager at Batam View Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Dear Ms Joel Low, thank you for staying with us recently and I do hope you had a great time during your stay here. We are grateful to receive your compliments and we also noted your comments regards the distant of the city center (30minutes drive) from our resort. Once again we look forward to see you again here at Batam View Beach Resort! Cheers Anddy Fong

Reviewed 17 August 2014

If you like quiet and away from city, Nongsa area is a good choice and this hotel is nice to stay. Though room is not the luxury style, the garden, swimming pool, beach and services are not bad. A very impressive band performs every night in the lobby bar. Water sports are provided on their beach (but I didn't try...). Feel too lazy in the hotel and you just want to lay down at the pool side. haha.
Convenient transport (shuttle bus provided), good services and just relax...

Room Tip: Actually they have one/two bedroom(s) villa just above sea which looks very cool. But all sold out w...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Xu, it was my great pleasure to thank you for staying with us recently and I am glad to receive your kind compliments and positive words with regards our resort. We certainly look forward to see you again at our resort. thanks Anddy Fong

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights and it was splendid! Eco friendly, have complete facilities for indoor and outdoor activities, suitable for business, honeymoon or friends and family occasions.
They even have the Jacuzzi by the beach. The staffs are very friendly and i really enjoyed the live band music at night.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank joy_karyadi

Thank you for staying with us at Batam View Beach Resort. It was certainly great pleasure to hear that you have a great time during your recent stay with us. We will continue to improve our services and we certainly look forward to see you here again. Thanks Anddy

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Been here for 2 nights 3 days, nice place we dint get beach view villas as everything was full by the time we decided the resort and place but we stayed in a beach view suit was worth it, room service was not nice not at all nice pizza was awful they never had bread for sandwichs on 2 days they dint have coconut water strangely service was not great, breakfast buffet was decent but no milk and cereals beach was a lill dirtyy recommend not to get into the beach as my frd was bitten by a jelly fish, swimming pool was nice, there is a nice massage placw but plz book it early at tge reception, massages are not available during public holidays, there is another massage for next shoulder and legs for 30 mins which was not bad can try, they have shuttle service for nogsa and other ferry points can ask in the reception for timings and you might want to let them know if you need their service, there is another sea food restaurant in the resort its 5 mins walk inside the resort.. good food should try, dont miss the sun set :)

Important : the ferry terminal we arrived in batam was awful strangely you need to maintain pin drop silence near the immigration service, they are stupid officers there who snatched few passports of some brits or Americans who where laughing and talking loudly and shouted at them I was shocked never experienced anything like this before hated it and decided I would never ever come to Batam again where they dont have manners but scream and shout at tourists and we also heard they will bribe a lot later to give back their passports, so plz be careful and keep this on mind.

Ask for rooms facing the beach coz therz a nice balcony area where u can spend time in the evening.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Andy123_GM, General Manager at Batam View Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Thank you for choosing Batam View Beach Resort for your recent vacation. I am glad to hear your enjoyment during your stay and I would certainly keep up the services.

Due to recent Hari Raya celebrations, the SPA and Massage services had to cease operations for 3 days (Government ruling), otherwise its operate daily. However the reflexology at the open area is available. Shortage of coconut was due to high season and other F&B services, I will rest assure you it will not happen again in the resort.

As for the Nongsapura, Batam Jetty services and authority, all registered guests with Batam View Beach Resort will be handle directly by our concierge and we have a very good relationship with all the authority at Nongsapura jetty. All our guest will have express services arrival and departure from the Nongsapura Jetty.

Once again I will rest assure all the comments will be our guidance and I am looking forward to serve you again.

Andy Fong

Reviewed 1 August 2014

I checked-in on July and everything was nice.

By the time we arrive at Nongsa Ferry Terminal, the immigration process was smoothly done. No line up. Seriously. I saw the other people line up, and we didn't. Nice.

We were fetched up by the Yellow Bus provided by the resort. It looked bright yellow with flowers pattern. Seemed like they were coming from a tropical island. It was around 10 minutes from ferry to hotel.

We stayed in room 426 and the room faced the swimming pool and the sea. The room was large, clean and have balcony. We spent some time there before start exploring the resort.

Due to weekend, many people gathered around by the pool. But they seemed having a good time anyway. We went down to the beach.

The beach was clean, well organized, and many options for us to do. I mean, I was previously confused of what we can do there, as many reviews said "nothing much" "abandoned" blablabla..but it's not! There is banana boat, waterski and wakeboarding (it's quite challenging), canoe and more. So we took banana boat. SOOOO FUN! We sunbathe in the beach after that and thank God as they sell ice cream and softdrink in the seasports area so we didn't have to get thirsty to dead. It's cheap anyway.

We go around the resort and so many things to take picture. Seriously. Once we get exhausted we can just sit back, relax on the bench with the blue ocean down there, and some people jogged around passed by.

There were a group of turkey and they were so cute. We passed the tennis and basketball court (they have it!!!!) and we found some greenery..and you know what, it was herbs and spice garden. Many things new we found there. It was like mini garden and many kind of plants I don't have any idea about before was there. I mean, like ginger, lime and many other. Thank God as there is explanation in every plant so it's easier for us.

We had dinner there and the seafood was oishii desu :) and it's by the sea! I mean, we had plates of seafood (and sure vegetables) and we had it in a by-the-sea restaurant. Perfect!

We get back to the hotel by buggy. By the time we arrive we saw the live band performance at the lobby. They sang many different songs. They sang Mandarin pop, Korean, English (of course), Indonesian and (I think) some Indonesian folk songs (the music was good. Trust me!) The band invited the guests to sing together. Sadly, they took a break. All right, we have to wait, I talked to myself. But, there was another show which was a magic show. All right, it turned fun again :) 45 minutes show and sooo interactive (I keep wondering all night long how he did it though)

On the next morning we jogged around the resort. From spicy garden, passed through the path near the pool, went down to the beach, passed through the villas (there was a shortcut and the villa was unique!), downstairs to the Kelong and get back to the hotel.

Overall, it was a quite nice and relaxing (and FUN for sure) to stay at Batam View Beach Resort. We'll definitely come back.

Another thing, the staffs are nice and friendly :)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rangga P
Andy123_GM, General Manager at Batam View Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2014

Thank you for choosing Batam View Beach Resort as your holiday destination. Your kind words and thoughts really inspire our team morale and spirit. We will certainly work harder to serve guest better. thanks Anddy Fong

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

04-06 July 2014
Very friendly, helpful and well manner staffs from the resort. They provide free buggy service to bring you to the Kelong seafood restaurant w/o any charges.
WIFI services are abit disappointed cause there is no WIFI connection for the room. Slow and weak WIFI signal at the lobby, lounge, coffee house. Batam View Beach Resort should upgrade the internet services to each room to let the guests get connect.
Not much dissatisfaction fr me
I will be back to this resort again if I come to Batam, Indonesia

Stayed: July 2014
Andy123_GM, General Manager at Batam View Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Hi Joan,

Greetings from Batam View Beach Resort and thank you for posting your review on your recent stay with us. I am glad that you have compliments our team members and services. As you know, we have the LAN line (internet) in all our guestrooms and we are in the midst of installing the WIFI to enhance our services. I have taken note the slow speed of our WIFI in the lobby area and our IT team is looking into this issue right now.

Once again thank you for staying with us and I hope to welcome you again at Batam View Beach Resort.

ANDY

Reviewed 25 June 2014

The Batam View Beach Resort is relatively well-located and has friendly and helpful staff. The hotel has seen its heyday so do be prepared to peg your expectations to the hotel rate you are paying. If it is value-for-money quiet and reliable service, you can count on this hotel. If travelling in a small group of four, a villa with 2 bedrooms is an experience. The sound of waves crashing against the shore may be unsettling for some but it can also be enjoyable for others.IIf reserving standard or deluxe rooms, those with a sea view overlooking the pool are preferable. There are also sea view rooms overlooking the car park but these are not recommended if you're staying more than a night. We were a group of 4 who stayed in a 2 bedroom villa for 2 nights and it was comfortable. We had asked for an upgrade from 2 deluxe rooms as the rooms we had been assigned were a tad bit musty and the small balcony (which obviously had not been opened to or used in a while) was not as clean as we would have liked them to be. The upgrade proved to make our stay more enjoyable. The breakfast was adequate. The hotel helped arrange transport (paid taxi) for us to go to and return from town and the taxi driver was reliable. The masseuses at the massage center were skilled but the center itself needs some upgrading. Cleanliness could be improved. The resident band is entertaining and fun, and played many oldies. If you want a short affordable quiet get-away, this hotel may meet your needs. Don't expect a spanking new establishment because this isn't one. One other downside to the hotel is the small collection of domestic birds kept in its grounds. Those of us who are cleanliness conscious may find them disturbing. In my case, I just stay clear of them. The beach can be pleasant but it lacks maintenance, and care should be taken when using it. On the days we were there, the pool was used by some guests and it looked clean. The area around the hotel is pleasant enough for little walks and looking at the sea. The trees in the area are also matured and provide shade. There is a balmy feel to the place. If only the overall environ could be neatened up, it would improve guests' experiences.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Waldbach,

Greetings from Batam View Beach Resort!

Thank you for all your positive review about your recent stay in our resort.
Our team really appreciates your comment about your entire stay with us and glad that you have thoroughly enjoyed your holiday.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the issues that you had came across while staying in our Resort. I have shared your constructive feedback with my team as we continue to strive to not only meet but exceed our guests’ expectations.

Your feedback is allowing us to continue to evolve with our guest needs and create a better experience for all our guests. I thank you for sharing this with me.

We look forward to welcome you back again soon, and we hope to make your next stay with us truly beyond your expectation.

Our warmest regards,

Andy

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nongsa
Nongsa Point Marina & Resort
Turi Beach Resort
Turi Beach Resort
#2 of 5 in Nongsa
Montigo Resorts Nongsa

Been to Batam View Beach Resort? Share your experiences!