Background of reviewer: I am comparing this to 5 star resort experience (Four seasons, Ritz Carlton, etc)
- The hotel looks new and modern. The hotel facilities are kept nice and clean. It has minimalistic design. It looks promising.
- The check in was smooth and swift though we have to wait for a couple hours to get our room. We arrived at 10.40 and we got our room at 12.
- I would recommend getting the ferry at bit later if you arrive on the weekends since when we left, there is A LOT of people coming into the hotel. I heard that they will getting their rooms at about 1 or 2 PM.
- There is a lot of promotion if you stay more than one day. We stayed for 2 days and there is an automatic upgrade.
- We stayed at the Riani Wing Beach Front villa for 3D2N Room number 126. The room is big, spacious, white themed interior and has high ceiling. It's clean, cozy and feels like having a personal villa. The bathroom is very good, marbled floors, great shower facilities except for a few ants in the bathroom once in a while. There is no bathtub though.
- The view is gorgeous.
- The TV offers great variety of channels. It's nice to open the window and let the sea breeze in while watching TV on a lazy day.
- Tip: The beach front villas can get kinda far so try to get the rooms number 125 - 130. The rooms further than that can get very secluded. The Tirta wing is newer compared to the Riani Wing, and it has lift. So that is a big advantage to get to the restaurants and lobby. Those staying in Riani Wing has to climb stairs. Both wings still has very decent and clean rooms.
- There is hammocks on the beach so can lay down and read books or just chill while listening to the waves.
- Pool bar
- Mini supermarket that can get you general medicines plus snacks. It can be expensive though so I would recommend to head out to town on the first day and get supplies. Things like: chips, bottles of water, favourite kerupuk, etc.
At the hotel store, we bought 3 bottles of 1.5 litres water for $5 each. $2 for a strip of panadol.
- 2 pools. there is kiddie pool as well and one pool with 2.4 metres for those who want to really swim.
- Pool table in the bar. $1 for 1 game.
There are jet skis, banana boat and rock climbing but we didn't try it because we just want lazy days reading books by the pool.
- We came with expectation that the beach will be dirty from the oil from tankers but when we came the sea and beach is clean enough to splash around in. It wasn't dirty or oily. I guess it's seasonal oil.
- Taming Sari Cafe:
This cafe normally offers buffet. $25 dollars each person. We ate the night time Mediterranean themed buffet. It was okay but I wouldn't really recommend it.
I loved the salad section but the food was edible at best.
- Breakfast also served at Taming Sari Cafe.
The food was okay. There are the normal eggs station, waffles, and other choices.
- Teppanyaki Nagusaya
My favourite restaurant in this resort. Offers good grilled fishes and chicken.
- Room service
Takes roughly about 30 - 40 minutes to arrive. Ordered the steak but it was tough. The sandwiches and the empek empek is not bad.
The food is not particularly great but it's not horrible either. It just can do. There is awesomer food in town with cheaper price.
Very very helpful. My boyfriend has bad diarrhea and vomiting due to eating seafood the previous day. After thinking and comparing notes, we figured out that it's because he ate the prawns with the shells. He didn't peel them off. We figured that the restaurant, Golden Prawn, didn't clean the prawns well.
He puked all over the bathroom and the toilet. I called the hotel to take us to the doctor in the nearby resort. The car pulled up in front of our villa in less than 5 minutes. The driver helped my boyfriend to the car and quickly take us there. He waited on us and took us back to the hotel after the consultation. The hotel didn't charge us anything for it.
Since the bathroom is a mess, I called the cleaning service lady who quickly shows up and clean the bathroom.
Thumbs up for the hotel services.
- perfect for a quiet getaway. 40 minutes from town area.
- Cost: 300.000 idr for round trip.
TIP: There is a package for renting a car. 300.000 idr rent for 4 hours of car usage wherever you want to go. For us, we wanted to stay at town a bit longer because we wanted to watch a movie, eat seafod, shop for groceries and etc. A movie in batam is only 25.000 idr per person which roughly cost about 2.5 dollars. They show international movies like spiderman, etc etc.
So we rent a car one way: 120.000 idr to Nagoya Shopping Mall. Took a taxi to Golden Prawn to eat seafood: 70.000. Back to Turi Beach 150.000 idr. We told the taxi driver to wait for us while we eat at golden prawn and take the same taxi back to turi beach. It's hard to get taxi at seafood places or makan places.
Overall, it's a quiet, clean and nice resort. You will love it if you are not looking to go out much but just stay in the hotel lazying around reading or watching tv. Don't have too much expectations but it'll do.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Turi Beach Resort, Where Chic Meets Charm. Immerse yourself in this Indonesian boutique paradise and explore the beauty of nature. Nestled in Nongsa Resorts, at the northeast part of Batam Island, and 35 minutes away from Singapore by ferry and 15 minutes from Hang Nadim Airport. Set amid 7.7 Hectares of beautiful green landscaping in a tranquil tropical village, Turi Beach Resort features Modern - Minimalist accommodation in Tirta and Riani wing. All 140 rooms and suites are facing the sea being well spread over the beach front and the hillside.Turi Beach Resort is your idyllic retreat in the tropical Riau Islands amidst unspoilt beauty and fine beaches where tranquility and impeccable service are rightly yours to savour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Turi Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turi Beach Resort Batam/Nongsa, Indonesia
- Turi Beach Batam
- Turi Beach Hotel Batam