“Beautiful and quiet place”
Review of Turi Beach Resort

Turi Beach Resort
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Nongsa
Singapore, Singapore
“Beautiful and quiet place”
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

This resort is really beautiful! It's about 5-10 minutes away from the terminal. They have pick up service from the terminal, to and fro.

The hotel lobby has got free wifi, those in rooms are chargeable.

If you are not physically fit, do request for rooms that are near the lobby. If not, it will be up a steep hill. Rooms are clean, toilet is really huge.

There are 2 pools, both very well maintained. Sea sports are available too!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Greggyo
Antonio H, Operations Director, Nongsa Resorts at Turi Beach Resort, responded to this review, 21 September 2014
Very glad to read your kind review and valuable comments…

Appreciate your time and stay insights...

A pleasure to hear from you via Email, Twitter or LinkedIn if we can be of any assistance for you or your network in the future.

Look forward to welcome you back to the resort in the near future.

Cheers…

Mr. Zaenal – Front Office Manager via fom@turibeach.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (328)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Booked this hotel from a Groupon deal. Response from email reservation was fast. Check-in can only be done at around 1 to 2pm, so we explored around the resort and waited at the lobby. If you need to get out of the resort to Nagoya or BSC, the hotel will help you call private cab charged at a fixed rate.

The room was big and spacious with high ceiling, overlooking the swimming pool and the sea. However, there were a lot of mosquitoes in the room and I didn't sleep well as the mosquito was buzzing around my ear and I was bitten on my neck and ear which wasn't covered in blanket.
I would suggest people who are going to bring along insect repellent in case you attract mosquito like me =(

The breakfast buffet variety was good for me and the food was quite ok.
Overall, its a good experience except for the mosquitoes.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for your valuable time and stay feedback.

You review has been submitted to our pest control supplier to ensure that the needed adjustments in the fogging schedule and frequency are done promptly… please accept my personal apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Anti-repellent mosquito cream sachets are provided in all rooms.

Electric mosquito devices has been installed in all Riani wing rooms and shall be installed in all Tirta wing rooms within the end of this year.

A pleasure to hear from you before your next stay.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Mr. Zainal the Front Office Manager made the icing on the cake during our stay in Turi Beach. My fiancée left a bunch of clothes and a purse that we purchased for his daughter at the hotel and we didn't even know it until Mr. Zainal took every effort to contact us. He sent everything we left to their Singapore office but unfortunately, the timing of our trip back to the U.S. made it impossible for us to retrieve our belongings. What an excellent service!!!
The hotel was great, our room overlooking the ocean with a balcony was awesome. One thing we really like was the fact that they have a 24 hr. restaurant. Because of the time change between the U.S. and Indonesia, our body clock took a long time to adjust to local time and we were waking up in the middle of the night starving. The food at the restaurant is excellent!!! Service is impeccable and I would certainly go back.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Sumantri E, General Manager at Turi Beach Resort, responded to this review, 8 September 2014
Dear Rosana G

Thank you for your review about your recent stay experience at Turi Beach Resort, I am very pleased to read that you and your fiancée enjoyed your time in the resort, in particular that the service provided by our team made your experience that much more enjoyable, I will certainly share your kind words with them specially Zaenal our Front Office Manager.

On behalf of Turi Beach Resort team, we all look forward to welcoming you back when you next return to Nongsa, Batam Island.

Best regards
Sumantri Endang
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Background of reviewer: I am comparing this to 5 star resort experience (Four seasons, Ritz Carlton, etc)

First impression:
- The hotel looks new and modern. The hotel facilities are kept nice and clean. It has minimalistic design. It looks promising.
- The check in was smooth and swift though we have to wait for a couple hours to get our room. We arrived at 10.40 and we got our room at 12.
- I would recommend getting the ferry at bit later if you arrive on the weekends since when we left, there is A LOT of people coming into the hotel. I heard that they will getting their rooms at about 1 or 2 PM.

Room:
- There is a lot of promotion if you stay more than one day. We stayed for 2 days and there is an automatic upgrade.
- We stayed at the Riani Wing Beach Front villa for 3D2N Room number 126. The room is big, spacious, white themed interior and has high ceiling. It's clean, cozy and feels like having a personal villa. The bathroom is very good, marbled floors, great shower facilities except for a few ants in the bathroom once in a while. There is no bathtub though.
- The view is gorgeous.
- The TV offers great variety of channels. It's nice to open the window and let the sea breeze in while watching TV on a lazy day.
- Tip: The beach front villas can get kinda far so try to get the rooms number 125 - 130. The rooms further than that can get very secluded. The Tirta wing is newer compared to the Riani Wing, and it has lift. So that is a big advantage to get to the restaurants and lobby. Those staying in Riani Wing has to climb stairs. Both wings still has very decent and clean rooms.

Hotel Facilities:
- There is hammocks on the beach so can lay down and read books or just chill while listening to the waves.
- Pool bar
- Mini supermarket that can get you general medicines plus snacks. It can be expensive though so I would recommend to head out to town on the first day and get supplies. Things like: chips, bottles of water, favourite kerupuk, etc.
At the hotel store, we bought 3 bottles of 1.5 litres water for $5 each. $2 for a strip of panadol.
- 2 pools. there is kiddie pool as well and one pool with 2.4 metres for those who want to really swim.
- Pool table in the bar. $1 for 1 game.

There are jet skis, banana boat and rock climbing but we didn't try it because we just want lazy days reading books by the pool.

Beach:
- We came with expectation that the beach will be dirty from the oil from tankers but when we came the sea and beach is clean enough to splash around in. It wasn't dirty or oily. I guess it's seasonal oil.

Restaurants:
- Taming Sari Cafe:
This cafe normally offers buffet. $25 dollars each person. We ate the night time Mediterranean themed buffet. It was okay but I wouldn't really recommend it.
I loved the salad section but the food was edible at best.

- Breakfast also served at Taming Sari Cafe.
The food was okay. There are the normal eggs station, waffles, and other choices.

- Teppanyaki Nagusaya
My favourite restaurant in this resort. Offers good grilled fishes and chicken.

- Room service
Takes roughly about 30 - 40 minutes to arrive. Ordered the steak but it was tough. The sandwiches and the empek empek is not bad.

The food is not particularly great but it's not horrible either. It just can do. There is awesomer food in town with cheaper price.

Staff:
Very very helpful. My boyfriend has bad diarrhea and vomiting due to eating seafood the previous day. After thinking and comparing notes, we figured out that it's because he ate the prawns with the shells. He didn't peel them off. We figured that the restaurant, Golden Prawn, didn't clean the prawns well.

He puked all over the bathroom and the toilet. I called the hotel to take us to the doctor in the nearby resort. The car pulled up in front of our villa in less than 5 minutes. The driver helped my boyfriend to the car and quickly take us there. He waited on us and took us back to the hotel after the consultation. The hotel didn't charge us anything for it.

Since the bathroom is a mess, I called the cleaning service lady who quickly shows up and clean the bathroom.

Thumbs up for the hotel services.

Location:
- perfect for a quiet getaway. 40 minutes from town area.
- Cost: 300.000 idr for round trip.
TIP: There is a package for renting a car. 300.000 idr rent for 4 hours of car usage wherever you want to go. For us, we wanted to stay at town a bit longer because we wanted to watch a movie, eat seafod, shop for groceries and etc. A movie in batam is only 25.000 idr per person which roughly cost about 2.5 dollars. They show international movies like spiderman, etc etc.
So we rent a car one way: 120.000 idr to Nagoya Shopping Mall. Took a taxi to Golden Prawn to eat seafood: 70.000. Back to Turi Beach 150.000 idr. We told the taxi driver to wait for us while we eat at golden prawn and take the same taxi back to turi beach. It's hard to get taxi at seafood places or makan places.

Overall, it's a quiet, clean and nice resort. You will love it if you are not looking to go out much but just stay in the hotel lazying around reading or watching tv. Don't have too much expectations but it'll do.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank GirlWithGlasses94
This is to show my personal gratitude and appreciation for your destination review and comprehensive narrative… very valuable for the resort team as well as future guests.

A pleasure to hear from you for any assistance you or your network may need before your next stay.

Look forward to welcome you and your boyfriend back to the resort in the near future.

Cheers…

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 8 May 2014

From the time we arrived, i had very warm welcome by the front office manager, which change our room from Riani beach to Riani suite. Big room, nice jacuzzi tub and the other bathroom was with rain shower. Room facing pool side, with beach view. Superb to wake up in the morning with nice view. The food not bad at all. Since the place was far from the nearby town, so we had our breakfast, lunch and dinner at the resort. But we don't mind. Anyway I enjoy my 4 nights here, nice and quiet.

Room Tip: Riani beach a bit far and too quiet. Tirta wings are just nice.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for selecting Turi Beach Resort for your 4 days’ vacation.

We are very glad to read your kind review and stay narrative… appreciate your time and support.

Receive my personal gratitude for your public recognition of Mr. Zaenal – Front Office Manager.

Look forward to welcome you back to the resort in the near future.

Cheers… Antonio Hernandez Canovas via antonio@nongsaresorts.com

Reviewed 5 May 2014

It is a place suitable for someone who craves for some peace and quiet. Nothing around the hotel area. To get to the shopping centre, you got to wait for the shuttle bus service which is available only at certain timings and they don't tell you when the bus is here. Food at the hotel buffet restaurant was not good at all and it could be better.

Nogusaya Teppanyaki restaurant had very nice japanese food and I think that was the best dinner we had at that hotel.

Staff were friendly and helpful. Rooms had ants coming in but I guess this is because we are staying near the forested area. May not be very convenient if you have elderly with you as some of the rooms are up the hill and I think you might need to walk a distance.

Overall, nice place to just chill but nothing much going on.

Room Tip: Get the rooms at the Tirta Wing.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Nogusaya Teppanyaki restaurant had very nice Japanese food and I think that was the best dinner we had at that hotel...

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your very valuable feedback and experience stay.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused for the ants and during your buffet dinner.

We will continue working on the food and beverage quality and selection to provide you with an improved culinary experience next time you stay in Turi Beach Resort.

Thank you very much for your valuable time and kind understanding.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Stayed in the Riani Wing. The doors have gaps and hence the mozzies are able to slip into the room. As a result got lots of bites while sleeping. The power trip thrice during my 3D2N stay which is something that is unacceptable. No air-con, no TV and no water heater. Service is also bad. Ordered a cake but it did not arrive. Instead the cake was delivered the next day, which is 1 day late. This is the worst beach resort that I have stayed so far.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Enzospeed
Receive my personal appreciation for taking the time to share with us your valuable feedback and detailed experience stay.

Please accept my sincere apologies for all the inconvenience caused during your stay.

I would appreciate if you could email me directly via antonio@nongsaresorts.com with your stay details to provide you with a more personalized reply and favourable outcome while I have the opportunity to share with the resort team your valuable insights.

Thank you very much for your valuable time and kind understanding.

Antonio Hernandez Canovas

Mr. Zaenal – Front Office Manager via fom@turibeach.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nongsa
Nongsa Point Marina & Resort
HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront
HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront
#2 of 2 in Waterfront City
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,661 reviews

Been to Turi Beach Resort? Share your experiences!