“lovely experience”
Review of Turi Beach Resort

Turi Beach Resort
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Nongsa
Reviewed 17 July 2014

My friend and I stay at Turi Resort for 2 nights. We had our room at 1pm much earlier than the check-in time which made us happy. The room at level 2 (242) was just right for our liking. We had a beach view and a king size bed. The resort was huge and had ample place to wonder and explore. It was a great place for photography of the nature and the ocean. Everything was in SGD which was a bit worrisome as we had changed our currency to rupiah. And such it was costlier. The resort had 3 different pools which was a delight and we had spent much of our time in the pool. The newer pool is much more cleaner than old one. The room service was fast and housekeeping was done on request. The cabana beach had sea activities. It was costly but was worth the price. We spent 56SGD on 15min jet ski. The spa did not look appealing as it was way too expensive and there was not much variety in the type of massages. The dinner was good especially the indonesian food. The quantity was worth the money. There was cats roaming in the restaurant which was fine to me but not to people who are afraid of animals. I think the management should look into this. The service was good. The bar had 1-1 promotion which was good. We had couple of drinks and game of pool to kill time. Overall it was a delightful time spent in Turi beach resort. I would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vickiraj
Antonio H, Operations Director, Nongsa Resorts at Turi Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2014

Lovely experience…

Thank you very much for selecting Turi Beach Resort for your stay with friends…

Very glad to read your review and comments… appreciate your valuable time and recommendations…

We keep a few cats in the resort… being in a jungle nature state, cats assist us to minimize other non-desirable pets in the resort.

Very glad to hear from you via Email, Twitter or LinkedIn if we can be of any assistance for you or your network in the future.

Mr. Zaenal – Front Office Manager via fom@turibeach.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,466)

Reviewed 16 July 2014

The stay in Turi Beach Resort overall experience is good except that there is mosquito around and ants in the toilet within the room itself. The swimming pool is just right infront of the resort rooms. Nice to chill at the pool but i hope the cleanliness can be maintained as the first day of my stay, the pool floor was quite sandy. Turi has a nice beach and sea view scenery. Very good for photography. There is a long stretch of walkway to the jetty which you can take a stroll there and take some nice shots of the seaview. But however, do be more caution when walking along the walkway jetty as the wooden plank that you are stepping on looks kind of thin and fragile. I hope the Turi Beach Resort could look onto on doing maintenance on that.
Breakfast was ok but the same kind of food everyday. The dinning experience for dinner to me I would say is not value for money. The entire menu is in Singapore dollars and it is quite costly for the kind of dish that you paid for. Sea sports is also available if you are adventurous type of person. Overall, it all well depends on the objectives of this trip. If it is purely just chill and relax, then this would be a good place for your getaway.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

A nice and chilling place to get-away from the city…

Receive my gratitude for your valuable time and stay narrative… very much appreciated.

Your review has been shared with the resort team for their knowledge and continuous improvement to minimize any shortcomings in the future including the jetty maintenance remarks.

You review has been submitted to our pest control supplier to ensure that the needed adjustments in the fogging schedule and frequency are done promptly.

We will continue working on the food and beverage quality and selection to provide you with an improved culinary experience next time you stay in Turi Beach Resort.

A pleasure to hear from you for any assistance you or your network may need before your next stay.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Everything here is 'Singapore' Price.

The only consolation is that I was with my best friends. If not, this really felt like a chalet rather than a beach resort... not happy that I had to pay 'extra' for a King size bed room.

Power tripped on my second night several times and it was about 10pm... took about 30 min for them to get it on. I was in the middle of the way back to my room. The place was pitch black with no emergency lighting. Had to use my phone to illuminate the way. Luckily I wasn't stuck in a lift.

Room is full of mosquitoes and ants... didn't sleep well. I had to use up all my mosquito patches. Luckily only stayed for 2 nights. There was a giant gecko in my room. No safe place for my food.

Room Tip: Just choose somewhere else... a newer hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

This is to show my gratitude for taking the time to provide us with your very valuable feedback and detailed experience stay.

Please accept my sincere apologies for all the inconvenience caused during your stay.

I would appreciate if you could email me directly via antonio@nongsaresorts.com with your stay details to provide you with a more personalized reply and favourable outcome while I have the opportunity to share with the resort team your valuable insights.

Thank you very much for your valuable time and kind understanding.

With best regards,

Antonio Hernandez Canovas

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We stayed in the newer wing which was 6 or 7 years old but the room was not too well maintained. The bathroom tiles were stained and grubby and the room was starting to show its age. There are mosquitoes around so you'd need to bring your insect repellent along.

Breakfast was ok with the same type of food each day. I only enjoyed the roti prata which was freshly cooked.

We enjoyed the lovely grounds, where you can walk by the beach all the way to the sister resort, the Nongsa Point Marina. The beach was clean and there are water sports activities. There are lots of steps and slopes to climb at Turi Beach so this was great exercise (but it will not be so good for the elderly). The staff were helpful in general.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Receive my gratitude for your valuable time and stay comments… very much appreciated.

Your review has been shared with the resort team for their knowledge and continuous improvement to minimize any shortcomings in the future.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We enjoyed our stay at Turi Beach Resort. Their hospitality, overall ambience is very nice. Kids loved to play on beach and in the swimming pool everyday. The food at their restaurant was good. It was very relaxing stay for us. ....away from daily hectic routine.

• Stayed: June 2014

Very relaxing and enjoyable stay…

Thank you very much for selecting Turi Beach Resort for your family vacation…

Very glad to read your review and comments… appreciate your valuable time and stay insights.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

If anyone wants to try Turi beach, i would recommend preparing some SGD over. Pretty much everything in Turi charge you in SGD and thats not inclusive of their 21% surcharge (fyi).

The front desk of the resort was very comfortable. Open air facing the sea with soothing music. And we were welcome by a nice ginger drink to awaken our senses.
I have a premier tirta room facing the pool so it was quite a good view. The room was very spacious for 2 person and its clean and comfy. Oh i love the bed soo much!!
I highly recommend taking spa in Turi. Yes its abit pricey as everything is in SGD but the masseur was very gentle and good! We totally just knock out on the massage.
Food wise..hmm was kinda pricey i must say. But i recommend everyone to try the food from the japanese restaurant. Its real good! Apart from that, you may take a stroll to Turi's famous jetty where you walk all the way out to the sea & enjoy the breeze. If you're an adventurer, there's jet ski, banana boat, rock climbing etc if swimming & massage aint your type.
Since its our first anniversary, something tad expensive yet relaxing aint such a bad choice :)

Room Tip: - Higher floors has better sea view - Rooms facing the pool are much more nice - Bring more SGD th...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OrinjiCrown

Thank you very much for selecting Turi Beach Resort for your first anniversary romantic stay…

Very glad to read your review and comments… appreciate your valuable time and highlights.

Look forward to welcome you and your wife back for your next celebration.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

This is my second time to Turi Beach and it's also one of the most unforgettable birthday celebration in my life. My hubby was planning a birthday surprise for me and was checking around all the places in Singapore but there is no hotel/place can accommodate his request in such a short timing. He chanced upon Turi Beach which we stayed during last year December.
Thank you very much to all the staff from different departments (Reservation, F&B, House Keeping, Fireworks etc) who were assisting in the birthday surprise preparation, Meylita, Delly, Atin, Mino, Amir(who liaised with my hubby in the email), and staff who were there to prepare a special candle light dinner with music at the beach side, and arrange the beautiful fireworks after singing the birthday song specially for me! I'm indeed very touched and delighted by their attentive service! Every part of the arrangement were very detail and nicely planned, including the beach table set up, live station cooking, and even went all round to find the mosquito repellent for us.
We certainly look forward to our next vacation at Turi Beach again.

Room Tip: Be prepared for mosquito and insect in room
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Siew H

Thank you very much for returning back to Turi Beach Resort for your birthday celebration stay.

We are very glad to read your review and comments… appreciate your valuable time and narrative.

Receive my personal gratitude for the public recognition of Meylita, Delly, Atin, Mino, Amir and the rest of the team for making sure that you had an unforgettable birthday surprise stay celebration.

Mr. Zaenal – Front Office Manager via fom@turibeach.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nongsa
Nongsa Point Marina & Resort
Grands I Hotel
#10 of 101 in Batam
2 mi away
Montigo Resorts Nongsa

Been to Turi Beach Resort? Share your experiences!