“Relaxing holiday!”
Review of Turi Beach Resort

Turi Beach Resort
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Nongsa
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Spend 3 days 2 nights in Turi Beach Resort in October 2013.

Overall, we had a pleasant experience. The room is comfortable, with a wooden feel and high ceiling so it was cooling and we had a room with view of the pool.

Although there is not much attractions nearby, the resort itself was nice enough for us to spend 3 days 2 nights. We played at the sandy beach, had lunch and dinner at the restaurant in the hotel and i had a papaya wrap as well to unwind. There is also plenty of sea activities to choose from eg: banana boat, jet skiing, para sailing etc.

One of the restaurant in the hotel (Mayang Sari) serves daily lunch and dinner buffet at a reasonable price. Do note that the tepanyaki restaurant is closed on monday and only open for dinner, we didnt realise and missed our chance to try the tepanyaki restaurant, so ended up having all our meals at Mayang Sari throughout the trip.

Overall, we had an enjoyable trip...

More details and photo here:

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Antonio H, Operations Director, Nongsa Resorts at Turi Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2014

Relaxing holiday…

Very glad to read and receive your review… appreciate your time and experience highlights…

I am sorry you missed the opportunity to enjoy Nogusaya Teppanyaki restaurant.

Please email me directly next time you visit the resort via antonio@nongsaresorts.com to reserve your table in Nogusaya for dinner Tuesday to Sunday or for lunch on Saturday and Sunday.

Have a great week!

Antonio Hernandez Canovas via antonio@nongsaresorts.com

Mr. Zaenal – Front Office Manager via fom@turibeach.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,466)

Reviewed 21 August 2014

We decided to getaway for the weekend from Singapore and Turi Beach looked like a good option - wow were we mistaken. Accommodation is fairly basic but comfortable, however, room cleanliness is an issue, clearly this resort turns over rooms rapidly but not taking the time to sweep under the beds is unforgivable, under the one bed we found a used water bottle, layers of dust and a condom wrapper - luckily we discovered this the morning of checkout. Food and Beverage is also really bad and not good value for money. The resort charges Singapore prices for substandard store bought processed food, the restaurant is not good at all and the BBQ on a Saturday night is shameful. The staff across the resort lack any form of professional training and fail to respond adequately to guests as well as being incapable to anticipating requirements. For both days on the weekend the resort was hosting company event and we had to listen to a screaming MC from early to late - hardly an conducive to relaxation. To top it off a massage cost S$72 each including all taxes etc - hardly good value. In room WIFI was good but very expensive. Save your money people - rather go to Bali!!!!

Room Tip: Rather don't go
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wayne G

Thank you very much for your time and detailed review experience.

Please accept my sincere apologies for not being able to provide you with complete and satisfactory stay.

I would appreciate if you could email me directly via antonio@nongsaresorts.com with your stay details to provide you with a more personalized reply and favourable outcome while I have the opportunity to share with the resort team your valuable insights.

Thank you very much for your valuable time and kind understanding.

Have a great week!

Antonio Hernandez Canovas via antonio@nongsaresorts.com

Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Overall, Turi Beach Resort was a perfect location for those would like excape from the busiest city life. It worth the value you pay.

PRO
- Well maintained beach.
- Brilliant scenery, good for photo shooting.
- Spacious room with full sea view.
- Friendly front desk staff.

CONS
- Too many mosquito
- Shuttle bus service to town area can be improved as the services provide very limited.
- No complementary Wifi

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Steve C

Turi Beach Resort was a perfect location for those would like to escape from the busiest city life…

We appreciate your time and review as well as your pros and cons.

Your pest control related comments have been shared with the pest control supplier to ensure that the needed adjustments in the fogging schedule and frequency are done promptly.

Complimentary Wifi access is granted in the rooms and public areas to all reservations received via email or through the reservation system in the resort website.

Very glad to hear from you via Email, Twitter or LinkedIn if we can be of any assistance for you or your network in the future.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Things are charged in SGD in the hotel. if you try to pay by rupiah, they would change sgd back into rupiah at very bad rates. The food was good but quite expensive, the listed price of food restaurants and water sports are subject to about 26% surcharge. There is no minimart or anything within the resort. I remember a plate of nasi kuning costed S$11 before the surcharges. Swimsuits and general medicines and souvenirs are available at Aqua shop within the resort, but they charge exorbitant price, almost double to triple to that of singapore.

The resort itself was beautiful and quiet, it is even bigger than it looks on the picture. a nice long stroll along the coastline feels great. the pool is well-maintained, but it is hard to swim past 7 pm when the sun goes down as the lighting at the bottom of the pool is almost non-existent.

the staff were friendly.

The general atmosphere is great, lots of cats, wild monkeys as well as mosquitos though.

it is quite far away from shopping malls, but the hotel staff would help you call taxi.

1  Thank TimeStoodStill

Receive my appreciation for your valuable time and experience review.

The resort services and facilities are subject to 21% tax and service charge… if you were charged 26%, please email me via antonio@nongsaresorts.com your invoice and we will be glad to refund the difference.

A boutique shop is available next to the Aqua pool and a minimart can be found in Nongsa Point Marina and Resort (Nongsa Resorts sister property) only five minutes’ walk by the beach.

Your review has been shared with the resort team for their knowledge and continuous improvement to minimize any shortcomings in the future.

A pleasure to hear from you for any assistance you or your network may need before your next stay.

Cheers… Antonio Hernandez Canovas

Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

3D/2N weekend holiday stay, Tirta Premier Beachfront. S$690.00

We were greeted at the Nongsa Ferry Terminal for the shuttle to the hotel by the staff who patiently waited for us while we got water at the store.

Check in was quick. The staff was friendly and polite but we wish we were given more details. Wifi login+password were attached to our keys and map for the hotel compound. ( We had to call operator several times as we kept on getting logged out after several hours). We were also told that breakfast is inclusive. As we have booked months ahead, we forgot that 30 mins massage at the spa was also inclusive (my bad) and it would be nice if she reminded us and offered to make an appointment (as a reminder).

We lucked out that we were at the lobby when there was a shuttle van to the Mega Mall at 1pm. Again, it would be nice if the check in staff were to inform us regarding the shuttle services when we checked in. Shuttle is not complimentary though. Rp50,000 (approx S$5) /pax/way. So, with lack of information from her, we are not sure what else we have missed.

We were given a choice of queen or king-sized bed. Chose the latter only to realize that it was a bad decision at later part.

The website stated that the rooms at Tirta wing are moden-minimalist. It's definitely minimal! The room smelt like it was unoccupied for a long time, stale with stains at the bathroom walls. Dark, dodgy and nothing like the picture shown in their website. Shower was clogged and we had to take quick rinse all the time in order not to overflow. Bare decor, no mosquito coils or electronic repellent except for cream. Air cond was not cool enough. The hotel is 25 years old and it felt like the room has not been well maintained if not renovated.

Only two restaurants at this resort with 140 rooms. It takes about 40mins to malls so most likely easier to eat at the hotel. Dinner buffet is relatively reasonable, about S$25++/pax. But we weren't hungry and wanted ala carte. Apparently no ala carte available at Taming Sari for dinner and we were told to go to Nogusaya instead. Front desk misinformed us that we could order food at the bar but when we got to both Island and Yacht bar, we told no food at those bars. Finger food at bars will be nice especially that you could get it at most other hotels. We ended up at the Nogusaya Japanese dining for
ala carte dinner, costed us S$115.60. Drinks do not come cheap either. A cocktail is about S$15. We got four drinks at a bar in Nagoya for the same price.

Buffet breakfast both days were almost the same, visually and taste unappealing. When requested for scrambled eggs at the egg station, were told to scoop from the ready made which looked globby and tart. Local coffee tasted like the beans were burnt. Buffet area was a mess with sauces, noodles and other condiments spilled on the table with no staff attempted to clean them up. Makes one think of the hygiene in the kitchen.

Buffet dinner the following night was relatively good. They held a Nongsa Carnival at the hotel and the set up by the pool was festive followed by fireworks at the end. We brought our bottle of wine, was told corkage would be around S$30 so we ordered one from the menu for S$60. Jacob's Creek is even cheaper in Singapore than this resort.

Two pools at the hotel cleaned every morning by the staff. We asked for pool towels and were told to get from the other pool on our own by the bartender since there was none left, he was alone and he could not leave the area. When we wanted to return them, nobody was around at both pools.

Taxi to Nagoya one way was Rp130,000. To hire the driver for four hours costed us Rp300,000 with around Rp90,000 for an additional hour. He was helpful and brought us to a fantastic spa that costed 1/4 of what was charged at the hotel spa.

On the last day, Sunday, we requested for llate check out but was declined because another guest checking in later wanted our king-sized room. Since it was limited at the resort, we had to be out by 12pm. If we knew earlier, we'd rather stick to queen-size and get to check out later since our ferry would depart at 6pm. We also asked for a porter to help with our luggage but after waiting for about 20 mins we decided to just do it on our own.

Overall, it was a bitter experience. It was our first trip to Batam and most likely will be our last. At least at this resort. For the price we paid, a trip to Bali or a staycation at Singapore would have been more worth it. While waiting for our taxi after checking out to go to the mall, one of the staff asked us to fill in a feedback form. We had so much to say but decided not to because it was our anniversary vacation and we wanted to remain positive and enjoy what was left of our weekend rather than to rant and get all upset. I'm sorry Turi, you have disappointed us.

• Stayed: August 2014
4  Thank Erica P

This is to show my gratitude for taking the time to provide us with your very valuable feedback and detailed experience stay.

Please accept my sincere apologies for all the inconvenience caused during your stay.

Thank you very much for your valuable time and kind feedback.

With best regards,

Antonio Hernandez Canovas

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I booked my 2 days 1 night stay at Turi under Groupon and I really enjoyed my experience there. As my friend and I went on a weekday, we got upgraded to the newly refurbished rooms (the Riani wing I believe) and it was gorgeous with a high ceiling and minimalist white design. The toilet was extremely spacious (bigger than the toilets I've seen in most hotels I've visited thus far, so much so that you can stuff a mattress in it and let a third person sleep in there, but obviously you have no reason to do that) and comes with a rain shower. A point to note would be that I don't think it's an elderly-friendly place because the path to the rooms can get quite hilly and steep. Also, the doors can only be locked from inside with the key which is attached to the card for the electricity. So if you intend to order in-room dining or have visitors, you might be engulfed in darkness for awhile while you try to unlock your door. Not a major booboo but just a point to note(: Besides that, they have cable channels which is truly awesome. Wifi is only available in the rooms upon purchase (SGD3/hour or SGD20/day) but it's freely available at the hotel lobby.

In general, it's a really wonderful place to relax so consider Turi if you just want to sit back and enjoy the peace and tranquility. Not advisable if your main intention of going to Batam is to shop because the place is a distance away from the city center or any shops. The staff does a good job of helping you call for a cab if you want to go somewhere though so thumbs up for that. Actually, I would like to applaud the staff for their overall service because they're really nice and for people who are worried about any language barrier, they speak English so yes. To those who complain about their inefficiency, I think in their defense, that's just how Batam is like. From what I see while shopping at their malls, their pace is much slower than Singapore's and they're not as frenetic as how Singaporeans are. Maybe a slight improvement would be nice but I won't use it as a factor against them(:

I didn't manage to try out any activities offered by the resort though. We wanted to play tennis but were told that the court was not available. The weather was gloomy on the two days we were there so water sports was not an option too. Oh, another point to note would be that the resort mainly accepts Singapore dollars instead of rupiah so bring as much SGD too.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay there. I wouldn't mind coming back again because it's a great place to unwind.

1  Thank NDee0108

Thank you very much for selecting Turi Beach Resort for your weekday vacation with your friend.

Receive my personal appreciation for your valuable time and stay insights.

Although you had satisfactory stay, we have taken good note on all your remarks to include them in the quality improvement program to provide with you and your friend with an excellent stay next time you visit Turi Beach Resort.

May you or your network requires any assistance in the future, please contact me at your convenience.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

I had visited Turi over 2 weekends consecutively, I must say I have never step into a resort that is so welcoming and friendly. Everyone who walked past you will greet you with a smile. Even when i called in for last minute booking of the resort and ferry tickets, Turi had been really helpful and considerate to ensure I am able to reach the resort on time.

I have stayed in the Riani Delux, Tirta Beachfront and finally Riani Beachfront Suite which suit to anyone preference. I brought my media player over to watch, unfortunately the TV was not able to show the video. Within minutes after I informed the front office, the IT people came and they were so nice to source another replacement. Fantastic hospitality.

It was a splendid experience no doubt why people will go there again.

For food wise:
Breakfast was ok, food tend to be oily, perhaps the staff are busy thus not so friendly.
Buffet dinner was good, service staff are different, more friendly than during breakfast.

Suggestions:
1. Drop the surcharge for weekend and change of twin bed to queen size bed.
2. Better toiletries selection, especially for the suite I stayed with the Jacuzzi.
3. Electric mosquito repellent will be good.

Room Tip: Must know what is your preference, a seaview, pool view or not important. Then book accordingly, sta...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

It's a wonderful experience…

Thank you very much for selecting Turi Beach Resort for your vacation with your friends…

Receive my personal appreciation for your valuable time and kind review as well as for staying with on two consecutive weekends.

Every Riani wing room and suite is fit with an electronic mosquito repellent device… Tirta wing rooms electric device will be installed within the rest of this year.

We have taken note of your other comments for review and improvement including the staff service during breakfast time.

Please contact me at your convenience if we can be of any assistance in the future for youyou’re your network.

Mr. Zaenal – Front Office Manager via fom@turibeach.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nongsa
Nongsa Point Marina & Resort
Grands I Hotel
#10 of 101 in Batam
2 mi away
Montigo Resorts Nongsa

Been to Turi Beach Resort? Share your experiences!