Premier Inn Newark Hotel
Millgate House Hotel(Newark-on-Trent)
US$120
US$106
The Maypole at Wellow(Newark-on-Trent)
US$113
The Staunton Arms(Staunton in the Vale)
US$107
The Grange Hotel(Newark-on-Trent)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$133
US$73
  • Bar/Lounge
Wilmot House(Newark-on-Trent)(Great Value!)
US$103
Hotwire.com
The Reindeer Inn(Southwell)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$60
  • Room Service
Manor Court(Newark-on-Trent)
US$233
All reviewsrestaurant next doortable tablemeal dealgood nights sleepadjoining restaurantno air conditioningcar parknight's sleepovernight stopbusy roadone night staycomfy bedthe ground floorno liftroom was spotlesspleasant staythe pub
Reviewed 28 June 2014

My husband and I spent 4 nights in this hotel with a group of 32. Maybe this place is not used to groups ? First impression : OK it's clean, nice colours everywhere. Room very spacious, but very empty : the bed, one desk, one shelf, and open wardrobe for 6 shirts; that's it. Room for 2 armchairs, a table, etc... but no, it's just empty space. One chair for 2, that's the rule in "Premier" brand, "Premier" meaning "first price" and not "first choice". You'll just have to sit on the bed. Bathroom : one small towel for 2 people, if you want more, ask by the desk. No "vanity fair" or tissues. Soap : cheap foam in a pusher. TWO taps : one with boiling water, one with cold water. I haven't seen this for ages. The shower is OK. Air conditioning : none. Window opens only 1 inch, and on the bed is a heavy winter duvet : expect sweaty nights !
Breakfast : no cheese of any kind, no ham for the "continental", just sugar everywhere. Jump to the "English breakfast" (more expensive), the choice is OK and service rather fast. Evening meal : a nightmare ! No matter when we would sit at the table, we would never leave before 10.00 PM ! It took ages for the staff to take the orders, drinks were always on the wrong tables, food was heavy and tasteless. When we would finally get to the ice cream, it was melted. One young man proudly asked if we wanted jacket potatoes or fries, then he brought fries only - no jacket potatoes available. When I asked if he was from Barcelona and could I please talk to Basil the manager, he just kept that silly smile with empty eyes... forget it ! Don't get me wrong : I've been travelling a lot in England, I love the country, but to me this hotel is not worth 3*.

Room Tip: Although in the middle of traffic, the rooms are not noisy, but there's no "nice view".
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank danzigBrussels
Paula S, Manager at Premier Inn Newark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Many thanks for your review. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay, and for this reason your feedback is very much appreciated as we strive to improve standards and meet all our customer’s needs. At Premier Inn we endeavour to offer the best value quality stay and we consistently monitor our rates and products to ensure we are competitively priced and matched, your feedback is very much appreciated and please be assured that your comments have been passed on to our Marketing Team. Thank you once again for taking the time to contact us.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We stayed here for a week during the antique fairs. The rooms are pretty basic but clean. I was able to get extra towels when needed with no problem. The staff is great, esp. Marie and Sharon. It was nice to see that the hotel restaurant finally has some entree salads on the menu---I had the salmon salad and it was quite good. I saw another hotel guest at the fair the next day and she commented about how excited SHE was to see the new salads, too (never thought I'd get so excited over some lettuce leaves)! Very nice stay!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Paula S, Manager at Premier Inn Newark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Thank you very much for your fantastic stay at Newark Premier Inn, I have passed your lovely comments on about the team to them. The new menu in the Restaurant has pleased alot of guests. Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

It's set amongst those awful drive in take away places but is a very good hotel. I drove there and the car park is free. The rail station is also close by. The room was large, ample for one person for night. Unfortunately there was a strong drain smell in the bathroom but I closed the door to minimise disruption. A superbly comfy bed. Spotless room. £3 for wifi, which should be free, but then again I see prices of £15 in London hotels. I ate in the restaurant, the menu was fine, I had cod but didn't like "roast" potatoes served in a bowl of oil (greasy). Pub area nice to sit in and read the papers. TV not too instrusive despite it being a World Cup match. Front of house person looked a little worn out in the heat (give the poor receptionists some air con Premier Inn) but gave a friendly welcome. Good value. Only the smell in the bathroom put me off.

Room Tip: ask for a room which doesn't face the main road as it can be a busy road.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank thequiettraveller52

Thank you very much for leaving us generous feedback, the bathroom has now been fixed. Hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel is ideal for Newark show ground just 5 min away. Very clean room, comfortable and well kept! The staff are friendly and chatty. They helped us book a taxi and provided a map. We had breakfast which is great love the breakfast and kids eat free! No noise experienced will be back!

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank patsybe

Thank you for your lovely feedback, so glad your stay here at Newark Premier Inn was hassle free. Looking forward to see you again in near future.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

The staff at this premier inn are the best I have ever encountered ,they are friendly and helpful .would recommend very handy for newark show ground
Breakfast available early and was good the hotel was full but no problem with noise, very comfortable stay

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Paula S, Manager at Premier Inn Newark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Thank you very much for the fantastic feedback. I have passed these comments round to all the team members who are delighted with it, Looking forward to seeing you again in the future.