Best Western Deincourt Hotel
US$126
US$123
Travelocity
US$139
The Grange Hotel(Newark-on-Trent)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$95
Travelocity
Premier Inn Newark Hotel(Newark-on-Trent)(Great Value!)
US$96
PremierInn.com
US$103
Travelodge Grantham A1(Grantham)(Great Value!)
US$59
Travelodge
US$119
US$88
Hotels.com
Travelodge Lincoln Thorpe on the Hill(Thorpe On The Hill)(Great Value!)
US$52
Travelodge
US$110
US$96
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsfunction roomlondon roadtop floorsmall roomearly checkget togetherwedding receptioncomfortable hoteltown centrebridal suitemain roadcomfortable staytea and coffeestayed here for one nightpuddingfull englishcooked breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 March 2013

The room was ok for 3 nights and the bathroom was a reasonable size. Was clean also. Found the attitude of the staff at check in a little strange, seemed to be giggling about something and were not particularly helpful. The fact they insist on taking your credit card details even though the room was already paid for was ridiculous. Will stay somewhere else for my next visit.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
BWdeincourt, Manager at Best Western Deincourt Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2013

Thankyou for your review.

I am pleased that your room was satifactory.

It is our policy to take credit card swipes from all of our guests to enable us to check you in on the system, regardless of how the room is to be paid.

It would be nice to see you again.

Reviewed 26 February 2013

stayed at the hotel for 3 nights with work mates.the staff are very helpful and friendly.the locals are very friendly and welcoming. the food was great and very good value for money at £12:95 3 course meal.beer was very good ,2 guest beers at £3:00 a pint a special thank you to mine hosts garry and january who made us feel very welcome

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Thankyou for your review and your kind words.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 21 February 2013

I stayed it this hotel for one night and that was certainly enough! On arrival I was greeted very well and checked in. I showed them my diamond rewards card and was checked into room 8 which I was told was on the second floor. I queried this and was assured it was indeed on the second floor and there was no lift as I had two heavy cases. I subsequently found it was on the first floor!?

The room was as if I had traveled back to the 70's, tiny and very shabby. The bed was OK but the underpillows were a strange shade of yellowish grey colour. The bathroom was fine and clean with plenty of hot (very) water. The room also had an unpleasant smell which you got used to - only noticing it when you left and re-entered. The heating was good and very warm.

The advanced booking rate was £67.50. In comparison with my hotel on the previous night, which was the Best Western Charnwood Hotel in Blyth which cost £62.40 the Deincourt came as a bit of a shock! The Charnwood bathroom was about the same size as the bedroom in the Deincourt and the Charnwood bedroom was enormous, very modern with a huge comfortable bed!

I decided to have a light meal in my room and ordered Leek and Potato soup which came with 3 pats of butter but no bread, It was strange with oil in pools on the surface with large lumps of potato and leek. I also ordered a Chilli Con Carne Jacket potato which I have to say was very nice.

Normally with the diamond card I get a free upgrade to an executive or superior room - I dont think they have such a room - or at least I wasn't offered one. I am also supposed to get a 15% discount on food which I had to ask for and my bill was adjusted.

The ground floor was very smart clean and tidy. Once you get upstairs it's a very different story. This hotel should be a 2 star and should be about £45-£50 per night when you compare it with what else is available for less money!

Room Tip: Use another hotel
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your review.

Upon check-in we do ask if guests require any help with their luggage. As you can see with the layout of such an old building we are unable to put a lift in.

If you thought your room was unsatisfactory, there would have been no problem to offer you an alternative room.

All Best Western Hotels are privately owned and so have individual characteristics. With one goal to achieve – ensuring all of our guest are happy.

Obviously the bread was missed from your order of which a member of staff could have brought it up to your room for you if it had been brought to our attention and I would certainly expect to see pieces of leek and potato in a leek and potato soup. We do make it ourselves and it is very popular.

I do apologise you were unable to receive your upgrade to one of the super king rooms, unfortunately they were all booked on the night of your stay.

We would love to see you again and hopefully meet your expectations.

Regards,

Reviewed 11 February 2013

My wife and I stayed one night. Staff very friendly and helpful, breakfast freshly good with excellent fired egg and local ingredients. Room slightly on small side but spacious enough for 1 night. Bathroom well equipped. Would stay again if in area

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
BWdeincourt, Manager at Best Western Deincourt Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2013

Thank you for your feedback.

All of us are very pleased you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again.

Kindest Regards

January

Reviewed 8 February 2013

We stayed at this hotel by accident when our hotel double booked!! They took us in last minute and gave us the room that we asked for. The staff all went the extra mile to be sure that we were happy, the food was excellent and everyone was exceedingly friendly. The hotel is in the centre of Newark, Notttinghamshire within easy walking distance of many tourist attractions.
I was very impressed by the breakfast which was specially laid on by request at 5.30 in the morning. Even at that time the staff were pleasant and helpful. We only stayed two nights but we felt like we had stayed for a week because our stay was made to feel special. I also noticed that there were Valentine's night menu's available to peruse and special offers for overnight stay which looked very good value for money.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
BWdeincourt, Manager at Best Western Deincourt Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2013

Thank you for your recent review.

I am very satisfied that you enjoyed your stay and that we met your expectations. I would also like to thank you on behalf of my staff for your wonderful compliments.

We do hope you will visit us again.