All reviews pelham street car park the ground floor riverside walk room was large one way system night porter toast good size lovely hotel would stay again full english bath shower sat nav newark castle market square next morning
Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

We are a large group of 20 cyclists who stayed here on Thursday 12th July. We found the hotel very comfortable with good facilities and decent breakfast. I particularly thought Sharon and Jo went that extra mile just to ensure our stay was enjoyable.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 July 2018

We were on cricket tour so the fact the bar stayed open till 2am and the breakfasts were very good were more important! That we lost all three games is lost in the history of time.......
Rooms are functional and quite satisfactory without being luxurious. The draser fronts of the chest of drawers fell apart but that is a detail,
This hotel is good for business stopovers and has a good atmosphere.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

Quite a nice hotel but no aircon on. It was stifling hot in the bar and restaurant as it’s in an orangery. I know it’s unusually hot at the min but it needed to be on. Came to put it on at breakfast as it was so hot and said it’s not been on all year so might not work. Think it worked but we had finished breakfast by then. Nice clean rooms but I did find a long jet black hair on my duvet cover. Breakfast was ok, sausage wasn’t cooked very well but plenty of choice of cereals and continental. It was very quite as had to have the window open because of the heat at night and never heard any noise from anywhere. Plenty of car parking. I would book to go again.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed here recently for a business trip , took me a while to find but this was due to roads been closed due to road works. Hosts greeted us straight away very friendly. We decided to have evening meal in the restaurant top marks was delicious and offered good selection for breakfast in the morning nothing was too much trouble. Rooms were ok only thing I would suggest is bottled water in room and plastic tumblers had a superb night sleep bed was so comfy. I would certainly use this accommodation again for a business trip.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 11 June 2018

Positives: Simple but large clean room with en-suite in 1800s red brick building. Friendly staff. Free off-street parking. Breakfast included, cooked breakfast while you wait (may have buffet style if fully booked).
Negatives: Difficult to find without sat-nav (for out of town foreigners at least).

Not hotel specific: Streets in Newark are busy as, at the time we visited (May 2018), they are upgrading the town sewage systems. With a lot of works going on, this disturbs the wildlife which comes into and around the hotel. We had 2 spiders in our room, one fell out of my clothing on the bed, and rats have been seen in the car-park. However, this is not the fault of the hotel, just an unfortunate result of works in the town. I'd definitely stay here again if coming to Newark.

Room tip: Ground floor has easy access.
Date of stay: May 2018