Review Highlights

newarknotts
Newark-on-Trent, United Kingdom
via mobile
The Flying Circus Newark

Great bar with great music all weekend great drinks and very friendly staff great place to be. Must... read more

Reviewed 17 August 2018
michellekim1046
Mansfield, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews monty python great selection of beers music venue great pub steampunk ale parrots gins cage draught newark life
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Have been going in the flying circus for a couple of years mostly on a Saturday lunch time with friends or with my good lady . This particular Saturday I was met by the landlord as I entered the pub he said “ you cannot eat in here.”I was carrying a small box that resembled the appearance of a small pizza box . I replied “I wasn’t planning on eating anything”. His rely was the smell would ruin the ambiance of pub . He had no idea of the contents of the plane box only presumed that it carried a cooked pizza . Wrong in every aspect. Never embarrass your customers in front of others .

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Well I’m a local and a regular but same can be said about half a dozen pubs in Newark. The real ale in here is served in perfect condition almost every time. There’s plenty of other stuff to go at too: craft keg, bottles and tins if that’s your thing, and even the mainstream stuff. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

Great bar with great music all weekend great drinks and very friendly staff great place to be. Must visit

Reviewed 27 June 2018

First time at Newarks Flying Circus Pub where I went especially for the gathering of the Newark Steampunk Society. Easy to spot - if not from the name of the pub then from the number of steampunks stood outside. I was a little hesitant about going in at first - seeing as this was a solo trip- - but I needn't have worried - everyone was very friendly and welcoming - as indeed steampunks always are! I certainly felt like I made friends there that evening and will certainly go back. If you're Steampunk or even just steampunk curious (I don't think theres anything to prevent the steampunk curious but it may be nest to check with the organiser beforehand just to make sure) please go for a visit - you will not regret it.

David James Robinson - Steampunk and Steampunk Trader!

Reviewed 19 June 2018

We go here each month for our Steampunk meetings. Very friendly with comfortable and decidedly quirky décor a la Monty Python, complete with dead (cuddly toy) parrot in cage. Good range of liquid refreshments and a beer garden for those hotter days!

1  Thank Ruth W
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

We had a fab time, everyone was friendly, beer was nice, very nice evening. The steampunks were friendly and welcoming and we had some nice chats

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Been a regular visitor for three years now, my dogs are always welcome, and over time the staff have become like family. There is the most fantastic selection of ales varying in prices, a pint of 9% beer is the equivalent to two pints of low percentage beer elsewhere which makes perfect sense to me as I invariably drink less (I'm notoriously only able to manage one or two)! The owners/staff being passionate about beer themselves, the quality and selection available is second to none. The high standards and quality of the drinks stocked also appeals to the kind of crowd who value quality over quantity and I have been lucky to meet some lovely folks here.

Reviewed 4 May 2018

Great pub with a décor which will make you smile, especially if you're a Python fan. Excellent range of bottled craft beers to suit all tastes and I was lucky enough to enjoy an unfined, vegan friendly cask ale, 'Format', from Beermats Brewing Co. Friendly staff, dogs are welcome and by all accounts the live music evenings are very popular.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Ignore earlier review complaining about beer prices, they are expensive but you get what you pay for and some of the beers I've never seen on draught in this country, they are worth the money if you appreciate great beer and enjoy tasting it instead of throwing a Carling or Foster's down your neck like the rest of the herd. This pub has great selection of beers, amazing atmosphere, good music if you like rock and blues and a Monty python theme which all join together to make one of the best pubs I've been in, ever!

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

Normally the music at the flying circus is a little heavy for me but they do have great beer! Used it as a last stop tonight to book a cab and ironically the tea time vocalist with his guitar was a perfect end to the weekend. Proper sing along, thank you!!