“Excellent Location”

Ranked #3 of 21 Tiruvannamalai B&B and Inns
Ghaziabad, India
“Excellent Location”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I had stayed in a Standard AC room on this property on 05/05/2014 with my wife.
The hotel is at a great location - just a few meters from the Main Entrance of the Temple.
Good clean room and toilet with a courteous and helpful staff. Value for money for Senior retired persons like us. Veg restaurant in the basement, though reasonably clean and considerate could not help in serving a Veg Jain dish for dinner - maybe language difficulty.
The negative points -
1. Fresh Towels in the room were full of dust. Flimsy reasoning by front desk.
2. Filthy bucket in a king size toilet with no provision for keeping the bath soap.
3. Clean but torn bed sheet was a sore to eye.
4. Poor response of mails by staff.

But very considerate and Highly Courteous MD. I wont mind staying again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write such positive comments on Trip Advisor.

Your positive feedback about the hotel is very encouraging and a great source of motivation for all of us.
I have made note of the following issues:
1. The restaurant in the basement is under lease and is not under our control. We are in the process of opening our own restaurant and café in the near future. Hopefully we would be able to customize food for our guests eventually.
2. In the event of an unresponsive staff, I urge you to inform the manager or feel free to talk to me as I am around most of the time. I would have been glad to change the room and make sure you stay was pleasant. Only in the event of the hotel being fully booked we would have been unable to change into another room, however, we could still replace or change the sheets, the towels & the bucket.
I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back at Hotel Arunachala Tiruvannamalai in the very near future.

Manager / Owner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Rooms and even bathrooms are so big you feel like staying in a hall. But the tariffs are reasonable and affordable . That too when you compare the location of the hotel very near to the famous and ancient temple of God Arunachaeswara. There is a restaurant that serves good food . But the management lacks supervision as no water is kept or the phone are not working.

Room Tip: Prefer the proximity to your destination.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write such extensive and positive comments on Trip Advisor.

I hope you could be clearer about the water issue. I sincerely apologize if the management was not responsive over the phone. I have discussed the issue with my team and the front office staff. I assure you of better service next time you visit Hotel Arunachala.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back at Hotel Arunachala Tiruvannamalai in the near future.

Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I would give it 5 stars, not in comparison with the quality or luxury of a five star hotel, but because it does exactly what is expected ! I seriously couldn’t think of anything to complain.
This is my second trip to Thiruvannamalai for girivalam, the previous time, I stayed at Hotel Ashreya and I decided that I should get closer to the Rajagopuram. Believe me, it can’t get closer than this. :D
It is hardly about 50m from the Rajagopuram from where the girivalam starts. The rooms were spotlessly clean, the towels were clean, bathroom was spacious and clean, however the toiletries were basic, shampoo was missing. The AC worked well and the mattress was comfortable. We had a good sleep after the 14KM walk (girivalam) around the Arunachala Hill.
There is a restaurant inside the hotel complex and it is called Sri Arul Jyothi. The tiffin items were good.
The person at the reception was helpful and good at his job. I did the booking on phone and I was provided a reservation number. I did not have to pay while I booked. There was no problem in getting a room when I arrived. In fact, they called me twice to confirm that I was travelling as planned. Truly professional !
I have actually made an advance booking for my next visit on the full-moon day on May 14th 2014.
Would certainly recommend it to others !
IMPORTANT: I wish the Hotel authorities took measures to get a cover for the elevator fan as soon as possible. If anyone carries their kid into the elevator, it is a disaster waiting to happen. The possibility of the child reaching out to the fan blades and injuring the finger is very high.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank mshreedhaaran

Thank you for taking the time to write such positive comments on Trip Advisor.

On an important note, we have indeed covered the lift fan as per your observations. Do let us know in whatever way we could to improve to help us serve you better.

Pondicherry, India
Reviewed 13 April 2014

The hotel is nice. Located right opposite to the Raja Gopuram of Annamalaiyar Temple, it is in the prime location of Tiruvannamalai.

Easy to check in, get ready and leave for your darshan/ girivalam and return there. There is car parking available right in the Hotel compound and it is a good thing because you cannot find parking space for your car in such a prime location.

The rooms are neat and clean and very roomy and spacious. The AC is very effective too. The bathroom-restroom is also vast and spacious, was given to us in a neat and clean state. The towel and bedding were also good. Soap was provided. There is a wooden wardrobe, in case your stay is over one day and you need to hang a few clothes.

The service was fairly good. They helped with our bags and the check-in was quick (took only 5 minutes). The booking was very easy too, they had taken my booking on the phone. However, they did not send any sms or e-mail confirmation of the same - which made me call again after two days and re-confirm my booking.

The hotel downstairs is also decent and starts giving coffee from 5:30 am.

The only drawback of the prime location is the very crowded and narrow lane that we must use to leave the hotel. My car got a little scratch at the side from a maneuvering mishap.

Overall - a recommended hotel for families who want to go to Tiruvannamalai and have darshan at the temple.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Balaji B

Thank you for taking the time to write such positive comments on Trip Advisor.

The hotel is located in the heart of the town and abutting the road that leads to the main entrance of the Arunachaleshwar temple and hence crowded through the day & sometimes the night as well. We have an in house valet to make sure that the guests do not have to hassle with maneuvering their vehicles anymore.

Mill Valley, California
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

I would easily give this hotel 20 more stars after they overcome a few challenges. Great owner with a staff that needs a little more seasoning. Would not hesitate to stay here again. Rooms aren't quite what the picture shows but they are of a modern decor (although the furniture is not very functional) and it is very clean. Right outside a spectacular temple and great restaurant 3 doors down

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cindynor41

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

What an amazing location, literally steps away from the main temple and a 50rupee ride to the Ramana ashram. I had a deluxe suite which was clean and comfortable, albeit pretty spartan. The staff was helpful, and the Restaraunt below was fine.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Chip B

Basel, Switzerland
Reviewed 4 February 2014

The Arunachala has comfortable rooms next to the temple entrance. The marble floor makes it look like a business hotel. We stayed in an A/C room with an excellent and spacious ensuite bathroom. Service was quite good too. Unfortunately it was quite noisy. The breakfast in the adjacent restaurant is not recommended at all, we got sick afterwards (the only time this happened to us in India). But the hotel itself is very good and probably the best option in town.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

I have noted that the service was not to your entire satisfaction and rest assure that we are constantly striving for improvement. The restaurant in the basement is under lease and hence quality & management of food is not under our control. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are working towards opening our own restaurant & café in the near future.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back at Hotel Arunachala Tiruvannamalai.

Manager / Owner
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tiruvannamalai
Arpanaa
#1 of 2 in Thiruvannamalai
Ramkrishna Hotel
Ramkrishna Hotel
#2 of 11 in Tiruvannamalai

Been to Hotel Arunachala? Share your experiences!