“Masterpieces of automotive industry”

Technicke Muzeum Tatra
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed 11 September 2016 via mobile

We use to visit this place more or less on a regular basis. And we are happy to find each time an excellent collection of Tatra cars, trucks, engines, airplanes and either motored sledges. It is clear that despite of unknown future of the Tatra factory, the museum is still performing an outstanding job. I've visited several similar museums but still I like most if all the exhibition in Koprivnice.

All reviews
"exhibits"
"rally"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 25 August 2016 via mobile

We enjoyed our time there has we are big car fans there are car and trucks we did not know about and lots of history so it was interesting would advice a visit there if your in the area

Reviewed 21 August 2016

The Tatra museum in Kpprivnice was really amasing (I am not a car fan) and we enjoyed it. As Czechoslovakia born girl I remembered some models from my childhood especially the T603 and T613 as well as the famous Rally Paris Dakar lorries.
We liked the Slovenska strela (Slovak Bullet/Missile) train story. This train was the pride of Czechoslovak industry designed and constructed in Tatra factory in Koprivnice in interwar period.
Other great story in the museum's exhibition was the story of the "Czech locomotive" - Emil Zatopek, the athlete with 4 olympic gold medals, born in Koprivnice.

Reviewed 7 August 2015 via mobile

We visited your museum today with my husband , sister and kids and we left with mix feelings and disappointment . This place is absolutely beautifully organised, not expensive and very clean. We took our kids to your museum as they were super exited as they were waited for this visit for a long time as living abroad. This is a Must especially for young boys!

One thing which began to be obtrusive was the fact, that one of your member of staff followed us because we had kids , and kept telling us don't touch this, don't do this etc... This is the children attraction and I do understand that you have certain rules but this was over the top! Children would probably damage the vehicle , what a joke! My husband made a comment, about this lady, and obviously she heard him, so she left. This woman made me very nerves and I was just concentrating on my 2,5 years old son ,just to make sure he won't touch a rope because this lady was constantly behind our backs . We won't be coming in near future, as we didn't feel welcome. Maybe your notice board should be saying ,,kids under 5 years old are not welcome!!!