“Beautiful Retreat”

Parrot Tree Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in First Bight
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We stayed in a luxurious studio Villa. On the way from the airport we stopped at a grocery store and bought some groceries and drinks. We cooked our own breakfast everyday and everything was there for our cooking needs. We ate Dinner and lunch at the Palapa when we weren't in town and the Tortilla soup was my favorite! The views are absolutely beautiful and even though there is no gym there, helllooo! There is nature. We took long walks up the paved roads and when we got thirsty cracked open a fresh as you can get coconut and ate it and drank the coconut milk. How awesome is that? We brought our bug spray which is very important even though they spray every morning. This is going to be an issue on the entire island so should not be considered a complaint . Also Roatan is run by ONE electric company so yes, the electric will go off when it feels like. You are in a third world Country. My favorite things? Not a single traffic light on the island and really only one fast food place. There are two restaurants at the Parrott Tree, however, we never found the breakfast restaurant until the last day! lol Too bad because it was really good. We usually sat at the bar and got to know the Bartenders who are such hard workers. Loved John and Durwin! My fiance arranged for a poolside dinner proposal with a musician and the manager made everything go by very smoothly! This is an amazing island with a water view from almost every point! Make sure you go mudding and snorkeling. Call Roatan Sun Splash and tell them Maria sent you. They are on facebook and will fix you up with whatever you need such as the massages on the Beach we got! Nice!

Room Tip: We had the room directly facing the lagoon with the Palapa to the left on the main floor. It was gre...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank flappraiser

Reviewed 14 February 2014

The Parrot Tree is an exceptionally beautiful resort with a helpful, wonderful staff. We are not the types to book rooms in advance, so this was a new experience for us. The grounds were breathtaking, the rooms were fantastic, the bed was incredibly comfortable, and the amenities in the room were more the complete. We were treated beautifully by everyone there. Something i would point out is that this gorgeous resort is about a 30 minute drive from the beautiful, swimmable beaches, and despite how friendly and willing the chef was (and the food was fine,) the food found in small restaurants around the island was more to our liking. If what you are looking for is beauty, posh rooms, and service that is top-notch-- this is the place for you. If you are a bit more adventurous and wish to blend more into the local culture, this is still a fine place to lay your head at day's end, but you'll be driving away from the compound to find what you are looking for. We would love to return to the beauty of this fine establishment, and again-- we absolutely LOVED the staff!! Laura & Jason northern California

Room Tip: We were upstairs in bldg #6. It was quiet and beautiful-- and away from the bar so very quiet. Per...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank natanddash
Reviewed 11 February 2014

My husband and I booked the Parrot Tree Beach Resort in late January for our anniversary.
We wanted to go to a nice quiet resort, to turn everything off and enjoy some much needed rest and relaxation.
"This place was perfect"
The property was just beautiful and kept very well, the lagoon is awesome and the staff were out every morning grooming the lagoon.
The pool is amazing with different levels, it has a fountain and a waterslide with beautiful flowers manicured all around it. When we spent time at the pool, most of the time we were the only ones there.
Our villa was just incredible, we asked for building #9 as we wanted some peace and quiet and were happily accomodated. Our room was on the second floor and there was an elevator to help make it convenient with our luggage.
Our room was very high end, modern and beautiful, everything that impressed us on the brochure became reality, and the bed was exceptionally comfortable.
Our experience at the Palapa was "great", Craig (a chef from New York) introduced himself to us, when I told Craig that I couldn't eat certain things (I'm a little fussy) he went out of his way to accomodate me not only for breakfast, but by also asking what types of food I would prefer for dinner. "It doesn't get much better than that"
When we first arrived, my husband snuck off to the front office to see if he could suprise me with a choclate cake for our anniversary. They not only accomodated him, but suggested setting up an Anniversary dinner for us on our balcony.
Elizabeth,Favio, Sherna and Iveth came in and decorated our balcony beautifully and served us an incredible anniversary dinner of salad, steak, potatoes and vegetables, along with wine. We were served brownies with ice cream for desert prior to being served the choclate anniversary cake. My husband and I had a fantastic memorable evening, it was the highlight of our trip.
These were the same staff that served us at the Palapa and at the front desk.
I can't say enough about how wonderful and helpful the staff all were.
We will definitely be going back at some time in the future.
Gail & Don
Toronto, Ontario. Canada

Room Tip: We stayed in building #9, nice and quiet, just what we were looking for.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Don S
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I wonder piece of Island Paradise, 4 of us went. I must say the view was great... Beach amazing.. lots of fun. I found the staff polite and accommodating. I have told everyone I know about this place. I love to travel, This place has made Roatan one of my top three Caribbean destinations !! I would recommend this to all my friends !! can't wait to go back

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Petevabch
Reviewed 19 January 2014

We had an opportunity to spend a day at Parrot Tree after taking a taxi there from the cruise ship port recently. The resort has all of the earmarks of a place that is about to go bankrupt. It seemed rather deserted even though this was high season. The lagoon that looks so pretty in pictures is actually strewn with garbage and it smells like sewerage. We spent a couple of hours on the sand near the lagoon, but moved over to the pool as a result of the foul smell and the sand fleas that were biting all of us. The pool area is like the rest of the resort. It looks good on the surface, but if you look closer it is not at all inviting. There are inviting looking sofa beds with canopies that look quite luxurious, but when we actually sat on one we found ketchup stains and garbage under one of the pillows. Thankfully we had our taxi driver waiting for us, so we did not have to spend the entire day at Parrot Tree. If they paid me, I would not stay there. It is a shame that someone actually spent a lot of money to build this resort and then neglected it to the point that it is fast becoming a slum.

Room Tip: If you want to choose a good room, look elsewhere.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
11  Thank moonbeamLI
Reviewed 14 January 2014

First I have to say the villas are nice, however the service is not bad is HORRIBLE! Don't throw your money here!
Where to start? The electricity goes on and off they are not prepared with a generator, and when the electricity is off the water is off as well.
The internet never works from your room, honestly never! You can only get internet at the restaurant where the mosquitoes will Devore you and the other place is the reception office where is small and crowded.
The ac sometimes did not work either, we called the front office 3 times and finally they sent a cleaning lady, yeah a cleaning lady to see if she could make it work and of course she could not fix it! I'm wonder why? Lol!
I stayed 6 days and they never clean the pool, last day I was there With my kids swimming I asked the guy who was around when was the cleaning day for the pool. He said in a very passive way : oh the pool is closed because is extremely dirty we just put a lot of chemicals so it will be closed at least for a day! What? He saw me and my kids there and he did not say anything until I asked, then nobody has the idea to put a sign saying pool closed ?
Another thing that really freaks me out is that they pull out the lights of the pool every night.
Don't call to the front office asking to help you rent a car because they will tell you that the island is pack and they can not find a car available. Rent a car at the airport with an American rental car they have plenty to choose from.
The food at the restaurant sucks! Really sucks!! And if you have breakfast included be there about 9 am, otherwise if you get early there is no food ready they are washing the dirty plates from a night before.
The waiters don't have any knowledge of what a customer service is, we'll let me correct that no one at the hotel knows the word customer service!
About the property there is no beach, they have manglares water very dirty, trash everywhere beers cans and bottles please see my pictures I' m not exaggerating.
Another important thing ask always for your receipt always! They will try to charge you with something or try to keep your change.
Me and my husband we are not cheap we always stay at expensive and nice hotels but we do have expectations, and the parrot tree did not meet any expectation for what we paid.
Do yourself a favor read the reviews, see the pictures, and book in another hotel where you can relax and not to worry about electricity, water, internet or cleanliness.
There is no activities at this resort really none, no live music, no gym, no yoga, no kids activities no nothing, the will say everything is under construction they will say a lot of excuses all the time when you ask for something.

Room Tip: Do not book here seriously you'll regret it.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank 36LydiaB
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Upon arrival, the Parrot Tree 'property' certainly wowed us. With our drive in on the hilly brick driveway, the spaciousness and isolation of the property, large swimming pool, man-made lagoon and nicely equipped villa room, ya, we were smiling. All of it had us so excited for the week ahead.
Then, reality set in after spending some time there and smiles gone. Only restaurant on property was Palapa. Advertised as having two on property. And the food was bland. Not exciting at all. So glad we did NOT do the all inclusive with meals. We had to rent a car to escape and get better meals off-site. Loud AC never fixed. Enjoyed the quietness of the hotel, some days ship cruise tours and/or general public showed up, not a problem for us as we could escape to 2nd floor balcony. First day we hung out at the Lagoon & that night we had many, many nasty bug bites...sand flies/fleas. Bring bug spray as if you were in Canadian wilderness...the spray with Deet. Bring a lock for your suitcase for your valuables, there are no safes in the room.
Do read the poor and terrible ratings...they speak the truth.
I'm so disappointed with this property as it has so much potential, but their shortfall in service and food quality fall way short on what it could be.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
#5 of 5 in French Harbour
Paradise Beach Hotel
Paradise Beach Hotel
#4 of 14 in West Bay

Been to Parrot Tree Beach Resort? Share your experiences!