“The place not to miss”

Price range: US$5 - US$18
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Temporary Cal's Cantina is a uniquely constructed restaurant perched high above the hilly jungle of Roatan's south shore. Endless views of the Caribbean Sea spread out before you while fresh tradewinds keep you cool. Our restaurant boasts exceptional and affordable island cuisine prepared by award winning chef/owner Carl Husbands. Don't miss Temporary Cal's Cantina when dining out on Roatan. Hours 10 a.M. - 8 P.M., NOTE SUMMER HOURS: August & September Only: Wednesday-Thursday - Friday. No credit cards.
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Every year we go to Roatan, every year we eat a couple of meals at Temporary Cal's and every meal is great. Order anything that sounds good to you -- everything is a great choice. To me, this is the casual dining, "you can't go wrong" restaurant on Roatan. Relaxed, great views, outdoor dining in the breezes, cold beer, great food. Did I miss something?

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Fabulous food and drink! DO NOT miss a stop here! The view is awesome! Caesar salad is the real thing.....no bottle dressing here.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

This was our 3 rd visit to beautiful Roataan, we had drinks yummy cocktail for me and beer for my hubby. Then I had blackened fish tacos and. My hubby had ceviche to die for yummy!!!!
My husband hurt his foot so had to cancel his golf trip ( Roaring River) so he was a bit fed up
But this place was just so great it ended up being one of our very best days!
Great ambience and service too
We recommend you to try it
You. WON'T be dissapointed !!!
Can't wait to. Return in November.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Had the sauteed Conch with stir fry veggies and a house potato...lovely....great view of 1st and 2nd Bite....no complaints...friendly staff, great weather....

The conch had a lovely spicy herb sauce in olive oil....enjoyable.....again, can't beat the view...

1  Thank JungleJim15
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Cal's Cantina is such a cool spot! The whole restaurant is outdoor/open air with treetop views over looking the south side of the island and ocean. Stunning views!! Try to get there before sunset to make the most of the scenery. Be sure you spray on bug spray before you go or take it with you as you will be dining outdoors and everyone knows bugs can be an issue on the island, particularly here it seems.
The place is super laid back, with the menu written on a dry-erase board posted up front near the kitchen. Come here when you aren't in a rush. You're on island time after all. There were only two servers here the night we went and they were working their butts off, but still super friendly. Take cash with you and tip them well; they deserve it!!
The food was absolutely delicious, and is all priced really well. Hands down one of the best, most memorable meals we had while on the island. The fish tacos, grilled shrimp, and fried shrimp are all mouth watering. Also, though it may sound crazy... You MUST order the garlic bread with your appetizer or meal. I don't know what they put on this garlic bread, but it was the best, most unique garlic bread I have ever tasted.
Be sure and take note of their odd hours (they're only open Tues.-Fri.). We had a little issue finding the restaurant as we were unable to find an exact address or location on google maps. We didn't realize it was right on the main road and we had just not gone far enough. You will continue heading east on the main road, once you pass the entrance to Parrot Tree Resort you will go about another 0.5 miles and then see Cal's right on the main road on the right side. Park anywhere there in front just off the road.
My only regret is that we didn't go here until our last night on Roatan. Had we gone earlier, it would absolutely have been a place I would have made a second trip to!!