Open today: 09:00 - 20:00
Review Highlights
Love this place

Absolutely love our family walks along this beautiful setting. The place is always clean and... read more

Reviewed 8 January 2020
AlanDowney85
London, United Kingdom
Lovely open space with swings

I love walking through this park on the way to the station . The pond is full of wild life and I... read more

Reviewed 23 October 2019
karenb21
uxbridge
via mobile

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 June 2015

I had an enforced extended stay in Uxbridge, where I was brought up, so had decided to look at the places of my youth. I used to go to school not 200 yards from this park!

The memories came flooding back. This lovely park with its lake is still as beautiful as ever. In my day it was a bird sanctuary, I don't know if it still is. However, the trees are still there, the park and lake itself, the peace and quiet, the River Pinn, where we used to fish for minnows and sticklebacks. I can even remember when the bridge just after the park was built. Prior to that, it was a ford.

It was a lovely stroll down memory lane, including a couple of miles along the little-known Celandine Route. I loved it.

The one thing I forgot to look for was to see if the culvert leading under the road from the side of the River Pinn to the corner of the lake by Swakeleys Drive and the parking area still exists. I guess it used to act as some sort of overspill if there was a lot of rain. We used to scuttle through as schoolkids and sit on the cement benches in a sort of sub lake-level room at the other end and watch the surface of the water, the birds and the water boatmen. Our mothers would have had a heart attack if they had known what we were doing! I imagine the entrance from the River Pinn side would be barred these days for H&S reasons, if, indeed, it still exists.

Date of experience: March 2015