“a lovely stay!”

NumberFortySeven B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Beckenham
NumberFortySeven B&B
Ranked #3 of 4 Beckenham B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 May 2013

My sister-in-law with her 4-years-old daughter stayed at Number 47 for 5 nights. They stayed in the EdGeorgian room, a large and very comfortable room with full ensuite facilities including bath with shower.The little girl loved the pink bathroom and she thought that was Hello Kitty's house! They both felt at home and Matt was in touch with me all the time, because my sister-in-law doesn't speak English. Matt was very helpful and he offered a special breakfast to my niece, he set out a table and they could help themselves to orange juice etc (which he left on a dedicated shelf in the fridge).
Matt also offered little discount for upfront payment + discount for payment made by an internet bank transfer to his account from a domestic UK account + discount for a self let-in (they arrived very late on a Saturday night)! Every little helps!
The B&B is very close to my place, in a quite area close to Beckenham town centre.
We will certainly use this hotel again!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank A G
Reviewed 1 May 2009

My wife and I stayed at Number 47 B&B April 7 to 12. This is a work in progress. Matt Steiner owes this big house in Beckenham and has converted most of the rooms to bedrooms. We stayed in the Drawing Room, a main floor room large enough to accommodate a double bed, a pull out couch, a small writing table, and an upright fabric closet. The fireplace is seemingly non-functional. We arranged to have the bathroom and shower just down the hall dedicated for our use. The photo on the website is slightly misleading in that you may think breakfast is served at individual tables. Rather breakfast is served at a large communal table in the kitchen. Continental breakfast consists of store bought bread and muffins, as well as a selection of cereals, fresh fruit, fruit juices, yogurt and plenty of toast, croissants, tea or French pressed coffee. Twice Matt generously treated my wife and me to hot breakfast consisting of sausages, ham, mushrooms, tomatoes, and eggs. I use a mobility scooter when we travel and with a little ingenuity, Matt provided a ramp so that I could take my scooter right into our room. Number 47 is a 20 minute walk to Beckenham town centre. Easy access to London – a 20 minute walk to Beckenham Junction station to Victoria station and a 15 minute walk to Eden Park station to Charing Cross station – the best stop for tourist attractions. Not your typical B&B, but good value for your money and Matt is a congenial host. Matt is a teacher and we stayed here during Easter break so Matt was usually around. I suspect that his teaching duties might offset his B&B duties. One suggestion is the provision of internet for the guests. Matt allowed us to use his. We found a great Italian bistro just off the town green on High Street – La Pierluigi’s , noisy and busy but great food.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
7  Thank redhead44Alberta
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beckenham
Innkeeper's Lodge Beckenham
#4 of 4 in Beckenham
The Green Door
The Green Door
#2 of 4 in Beckenham

Been to NumberFortySeven B&B? Share your experiences!