“Very good” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 4 Beckenham B&B and Inns
Dover, United Kingdom
“Very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

We stayed for one night! We had the largest room and found it clean comfortable! Yes the bathroom was a little small but manageable.
Breakfast was very good cereals, toast, full English breakfast, orange, tea, coffee!
We would stay here again!

Room Tip: Large room very good
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Polish first
shropshire
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

I stayed in a basement room with no opening window. Dirty carpet rug. No separate en-suite bathroom. Damp smell. Creaky floors. Paper thin walls. Annoying bright fire escape green light in bedroom. Cold Shower!

Poor Service and not clear communication with staff. Small front car park where we were blocked in for over an hour. The lady at the hotel did not help by asking customers in the hotel if it was their car. The staff replied unhelpfully ' this is not a five star hotel.'

Well obviously.

Room Tip: Don't sleep in the basement room under the stairs. There are others that are nicer, but with sti...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank alexShropshire

Travellers are raving about these Beckenham hotels

Great Yarmouth, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2012

Rooms are really terrible. Take ear plugs and a sleeping bags if you have no other choice. Parking is a joke. The Hotel is a Hostel. Been converted to rip off Olympic visitors.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Bristol, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2011

First impressions - a clean hotel, nice friendly staff (except the cook). Stayed in room 3, on first floor, a nice looking room. Clean. However, no hairdryer or safe. Lidl toiletries, but at least they supplied something. Two nice large windows, nice furnishings. Quite noisy, could hear people walking around the hotel and talking. Bed not very comfortable, and smelt of very strong perfume, which made me wonder if the linen had been washed, or simply sprayed with 'Febreeze'! If you want a taxi, book it yourself, don't let the hotel staff do it. She booked the wrong time first of all, and when we were taken to where we had to go, we got dropped off at the wrong location! Not sure if that was the hotel's fault or the taxi company's though. Breakfast, ok. Clean dining room and glasses, crockery etc. Cold plates for hot breakfast. I only ordered three items for my cooked breakfast, and she forgot one of them! Stayed just one night which was enough. Would I book again? No. Would I recommend it? No. I had hot water for a shower in the morning, but my husband didn't. He had to wait until after breakfast for a shower and shave. No bar or reception room to sit and read/drink, just the bedroom. Tea/coffee/biscuits supplied. Plenty of wardrobe space and coat hangers. Clean towels. Generally the place had nice furnishings, e.g pictures, plants, chairs, tables.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Annabel M
Derby, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2011

This is a family bed & breakfast & expectations should be adjusted accordingly.

Yes it lacks nice toiletries, has paper thin walls & needs a hairdryer, but the location is good, the internet connection is ok & the breakfast adequate.

I stayed for 1 night on business in room no 1 a double room on the 1st flood rooms was well decorated with a view over the garden to rear.

• Stayed September 2011
Cambridge, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2011

I booked through Bookings.com because when I went on the Goodwood Hotel website I couldn't see what the hotel was like - rooms etc. Took a chance and wish I hadn't. It's more like a hostel than a hotel - I've stayed in better B&Bs and got a lot better than this. Our room was EXTREMELY small and there was no TV, or usual paraphenalia you come to expect. Our room was semi-basement and very cold. The bathroom was TINY and the only mirror in the place was in there. So, if you don't have a long lead on your hairdryer you have no chance of doing your hair because there's NO MIRROR in the room. As we were coming straight home didn't bother doing my hair - came home looking like a chicken with my hair standing on end. No usual shower cap and toiletries in the bathroom. There was a bottle of shower gel in the shower but, hey, what's wrong with the nice little individual ones instead of having to use a 'communal' one. I have my own one at home, why should I have to have a shared one at a hotel - don't know who's been using it before me - yuk. Same goes for the bottle of hand wash on the sink. Whose dirty hands have been all over that! Cheap way of supplying what's expected but not the right way to go about things. As I said before, this is more like a hostel - a very over-priced hostel!

Breakfast was frugal - cooked breakfast comprising of one rasher of bacon, one sausage, half tomatoe and beans. My egg was 'snotty' so couldn't eat it. There were some cereals on the side and jam but not the usual 'continental' items you usually get at a hotel. Really disappointing. It seems that the owners are trying to get away with giving you as little as possible for the money you spend. £85 a night ain't cheap in my book and expected more than this.

As for sleep - forget it. Our room was at the back in the extension. The walls were like paper. When we arrived back from the event we were attending at midnight, we found that the people next door had friends in (don't know where they put them because the rooms are pokey) and they were chatting up a storm until around 1am. Then our neighbours obviously got off to bed whereupon one of them SNORED for England and we could hear it as clear as if it was in our room. Kept me awake most of the night and had a long drive ahead of us in the morning.

Never, ever again. No bar, no relaxation, just a money making machine for the owners who, for the money, tread it's guests as if they're staying overnight in a hostel and, as such, shouldn't expect too much!!!!!

There is only room to park about 5 cars on the forecourt and, as I understand it, the owners take up two of those places! So you have to park on the street, often a hundred yards up the road so it's a long way to carry your bags.

GIVE THIS PLACE A WIDE BIRTH. Usually stay at the Bromley Court Hotel but thought a more intimate, small hotel would be nice for a change. Won't make that mistake again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank JOJO785
Eaglesham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2011

I am very particular in the places I stay in for a holiday. The Goodwood I would describe as a B and B rather that an hotel. It has no bar or restaurant which resulted we went exploring and found some great bars and restaurant. I was told by the owners, who are lovely and very friendly, that they have being refurbishing the bedrooms and had taken the bar away. We stayed in a triple room. beds were very comfortable and the room itself was large. The bathroom again very clean. only problem there was that toilet seat kept falling apart. the whole building was impecably clean and tidy Breakfast was delicous, were offered a selection of choices and NO instant coffee. the location is really pretty and 5 mins from the trian station. 20 minutes you are in London. Recommend the Thai restaurant "Mae Ping" wonderful food and lovely staff.
Would definitley go back again and so would my 2 daughters aged 18 and 20 and they are very critical!
Give this place a chance but do take a hair dryer!!!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beckenham
Innkeeper's Lodge Beckenham
The Bromley Court Hotel
Premier Inn London Croydon Town Centre Hotel
Jurys Inn London Croydon
Ibis Styles London Croydon
Croydon Park Hotel
Croydon Park Hotel
#8 of 24 in Croydon

Been to Goodwood Hotel? Share your experiences!