“Awful yet again!”

Price range: US$13 - US$52
Cuisines: Mediterranean, British, Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Located in High St Beckenham and aimed at a glamorous and discerning crowd who enjoy the finer things in life, Friends of Mine is the perfect choice for clients to mix business with pleasure in a spirited and dynamic atmosphere. Friends of Mine has set a new standard in Beckenham’s hip nightlife landscape by blending the nuances of London, Europe and New York’s ultra chic bar scene. We have an extensive list of perfectly pitched cocktails, designed using only the best premium spirits which are created by our on-hand, friendly and highly skilled mixologists. We boast a superb range of international spirits and beers as well as a fantastic selection of quality Wines and Champagnes. Our team will be on hand to meet any request. With a Retro-Modern interior design, professional waiting service and sumptuous décor, we offer an intimate and sophisticated setting for our privileged clientele.
“Awful yet again!”
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Had a meal via Groupon again and hoped it had improved since last year. It had not! Food was bland, poor quality and not worth the Groupon price, let alone full price. The website says the menu changes but it was exactly the same. No service to the table either and had to go to the bar. There are so many more better restaurants in Beckenham than this. Advice is 'avoid'.

• Visited February 2012
4 Thank Mikeep69

“Superb!”
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Soft jazz, great food, friendly staff, excellent coffee! In my top ten :)

London
“The worst food I've had in years”
Reviewed 16 March 2012

We went here on a Groupon voucher otherwise I think I would have refused to pay the bill. As it was I felt cheated out of the small amount of money the meal cost us. It was truly terrible. We had four dishes between us, two starters and two main courses and three were pretty much inedible. I had the worst seafood pasta I've ever tasted. The pasta was overcooked and the sauce tasted like it came out of an economy can. The only thing that was ok was the burger and chips - which is hard to get wrong. We will never go there again.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank LondonGlittergirl
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nightclub disguised as a restaurant.”
Reviewed 5 February 2012

My husband and I went here on a Tuesday evening when it was very quiet we were seated promptly but had to wait a while to order.
The menu had very little choice and so having to wait 10mins to order seemed excessive.
Once the starters arrived we were quite hungry & ate them without complaint. The main course then took a further 40mins to arrive (in a almost empty restaurant on a Tues evening)
I had the chicken linguine that was like rubber & the chicken burned and blackened around the edges. My husband had the seafood linguini with the same problem & very little seafood.
Our bill was over £45 (excluding drinks) and for the food and service we received we feel it was grossly over priced especially as Beckenham has some serious competition.
As for the atmosphere-the lighting was constantly being dimmed & the music turned up (I am 29 and not averse to such settings, just not in a restaurant). The other thing that concerned me was the huge sign in the bathrooms telling me that cctv was in operation and not to share cubicles or take drugs!!!
All in all we will not be back.

London
“Nice atmosphere, tasteless food & same menu”
Reviewed 29 December 2011

Having waited 5 minutes to be shown to our table, the rest of the service was attentive. The place is a little shabby, but fine. Starters were nice. However, the seafood linguine was the most tasteless we have ever tasted, despite it having some chilli. Clearly the linguine was left in water far too long and when we mentioned it to the waiter he said it is normally good. The menu does not give a great deal of choice and whilst their web site says 'The chef in the kitchen is always coming up with new ideas to keep the dishes exciting' it has not changed in months. There are many restaurants in Beckenham to choose from so I would recommend going elsewhere.

• Visited September 2011