“Great Food and what a find”
Review of Osaka

Osaka
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Aberdeenshire
“Great Food and what a find”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

This is a real gem. If you have never tried Japanese food then this is the place to go. Our host was amazing (Isaac) and took us through the menu and after finding our likes and dislikes suggested a range of dishes to try.......all I can say was WOW!!!!!! lovely presentation and a amazing fusion of flavours. Will be back there soon. Well done to all the staff and thanks. At the time of our visit the the restaurant was full of Oriental diners, which is always a good sign that the food is good. It is also very good value for money too.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank ScotsPorridge

Kingston upon Thames, United Kingdom
“Excellent!”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Food is pricey but it was really worth it. My partner had wanted to go for a while and I am so glad we went with him for his birthday. they catered to us and were lovely. Def would go again.

Visited January 2014
“Best Restaurant In Worcester Park and Great Experience”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Having been to Japan over 25 times, I`ve had many a great Japanese meal.To have this restaurant on our doorstep in Worcester Park, is just a godsend. This is a top Japanese restaurant, which is run by some really friendly people and staff, which make it a magnificent experience. Anyone who thinks this is not good value, just hasn`t got any idea about Japanese food. If you were to go to the likes of Zuma and Nobu in town, it would cost you £150 a head and the difference would be minimal, even though the choice might be wider. In Osaka, you can have the works for £50 a head and have some of the most amazing food you will ever have. Isaac and Jiyoun are great hosts and will really look after you, My recommendations are, Soft Shell Crab, Aubergine, Sashimi, Black Cod and Terriaki Beef.

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank dadave
surrey
“30% off prices that have increased by 33% in 8 months!!”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I dont normally review a place twice, but things have changed so much, I feel this place deserves a revised review.

I first went last year and was pleased to find such a high quality Japanese restaurant on my doorstep. This evening, I was attracted by the 30% off offer. The food was ok, although the tempura was very oily, possibly not quite as good as in the past, but prices had shot up. Ive still got an old menu, and the prices have shot up 33% in 8 months. At full price, you wont get any change out of £100 for two inc drinks for essentially a 2 course meal. This may be sustainable in some upmarket parts of London, but not in Worcester Park.

I really dont think this place will survive at the current prices.

• Visited April 2014
6 Thank italiastar
London, United Kingdom
“Very good food but pricey & got takeaway order wrong!”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

There're few things that annoy me more than getting the wrong food when ordering a takeaway. In this case it wasn't the wrong item, but the lack of one of the items we ordered (and paid for! An egg fried rice, if you're interested). It was also very pricey compared to other restaurants nearby. Having said all this, the food was delicious although the sauces that accompanied our Yaki Gyonza and Adgedashi tofu were really rubbish (next time we'll ask for the sauces we most often see served with the above, namely sweet chilli sauce and teriyaki sauce, respectively, and hope that they'll accomodate this request). I would've given it 5-stars if the price was a little lower and more in line with other oriental restaurants in the area.
Take home message - food very good but bit pricey and check your takeaway before leaving.

• Visited January 2014