“The Brook” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Brook

The Brook
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Worcester Park, United Kingdom
“The Brook”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

This restaurant is very good and value for money. The food is freshly cooked and they always make you welcome.

Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
“Very Pleasant Indeed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

Visited The Brook with my family and 90 year old mother on Sunday. Got lucky with the parking so mother didn't have to walk that far. Real buzzy atmosphere was the first impression which is great. Table was to the right as we came in the main entrance which was close to the back entrance to the car-park. The staff were friendly and efficient, the time between courses was about right too. All the food was of good quality and large portions, really could not say anything negative about our choices. Even the 'roasts' were extremely good, which, for me, is a positive sign as normally restaurant/pub roasts are always disappointing. And such good value as well. Overall this was a very successful sunday afternoon family meal and we would come back. Only slight negative was that where we were seated was right next to the back door, so we had to put up with the comings and goings through this entrance on a coldish day and we did feel like we were sitting in the car-park as there is nothing, no blinds/curtains on the back windows, to block our view of the unattractive rear area to the pub.

London, United Kingdom
“Reservations unfounded”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

I've been to the previous incarnstion of the Brook (the Midas Touch) a couple if times and was supremely impressed on both. It was with some trepidation that I decided to organise a family lunch here for today, a late decision due to various factors. Try as I might I could not get an answer to repeated phone calls last night or earlier today to see if I needed to book or even if tables were available. In the end we trusted to luck and just turned up. Fortunately, several tables free.
The waitress service was attentive, friendly and drinks and food arrived reasonably quickly despite the restaurant gradually filling up.
The food was tasty and portions just enough. My roast beef (medium rare) was tasty. Veggies lovely, esp the red cabbage. Roast potatoes? Not bad, but never as good as home made, are they? ?
Cappuccinos to follow were tasty and hot.
Overall, not quite the Midas Touch effect for me, but not far off.
I will be coming back, but would love to get through by phone first...

Worcester Park, United Kingdom
“Unlikely to return”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

Lunchtime visit. Made the mistake of ordering battered cod and chips, an item I usually only eat at home or in/from a fish and chip shop.. The texture and lingering taste of the batter left me to suspect the fish had been pre-fried. Chunky chips. Staff were very pleasant as was the decor. Suggested they issue one bill per table - a good idea. No-one responded as to my query about the discount card (available to local residents) that I'd applied for via email. It seemed churlish to pursue as I was in a large party.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank 241Maureen241
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent food good atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

We visited the restaurant on a Sunday lunchtime when it was very full - I can highly recommend the soup,venison sausages and roast dinner - none of our party were disappointed with what they had -doom bar real ale was superb (our helpful waitress even allowed a tasting first!) The whole outing was very enjoyable and the atmosphere was relaxed. I would advise booking a table particularly for Sunday lunch.