“Peaceful oasis on beautiful Boipeba”

Pousada Horizonte Azul
Reviewed 4 September 2011

The beautiful Horizonte Azul is situated only about 50 metres from the beach and is set in a stunning and very peaceful tropical garden. The chalets are dotted around the hill in the garden which provides a great sense of privacy. Breakfasts are plentiful and delicious. Massimo and his team are extremely friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 August 2011

Nice rooms, good value for money. The owner Massimo was very nice and helpful.
In the middle of nature, 1 min walk from beautiful and quiet beach.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JayKayAndDana
Reviewed 1 August 2011

What a special place! We second the superlatives mentioned by the other reviewers about this tranquil piece of heaven. We also like to add that by staying at the Pousada guests do not only treat themselves to a great vacation but they also support a worthy cause, which Massimo (the owner) initiated on the island: As a biochemistry professor in Padua, Italy, Massimo first came to Boipeba to test alternative ways of better growing crops for the local population. He decided to move to the island and work together with a group of women to help them subsidize their income and gain financial independence by planting fruits and vegetables on a property, which Massimo bought. Profits of the pousada go directly into this project. This makes staying at Pousada Horizonte Azul a great win-win situation. And you better go to Boipeba quickly, as the island is about to undergo lasting changes with the new development of a large shopping area and other building projects.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 January 2011

This is one of the best B&Bs we have ever been to. Located 50m away from the beach, accomodation is provided in the form of chalets which are individually located in the lush tropical forest which surrounds the B&B. Breakfast and dinners are served on a stylish veranda (Massimo, the owner, is a great cook and if you want to try a bit of modern Italian food made with local ingredients, this is the best restaurant on the island). The staff are really friendly and made us thoroughly enjoy our stay at horizonte azul!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cranmer108
Reviewed 30 December 2010

With so many good reviews it's hard to add anything that hasn't been yet said about Pousada Horizonte Azul. This place made my holiday one I will not forget. I arrived in Boipeba coming from Itacare (Pousada Casa Zaza - average) planing to move on to Morro de Sao Paulo. I never made it to Morro, I settled in for over a week in Boipeba. The island is beautiful, peaceful and well away from that mass tourism you can find in many coastal places in Brazil. While some days I had the whole endless beaches to myself, there were enough people in the island to get together with. But the experience would have not been the same if it wasn't for Pousada Horizonte Azul, it's owner Massimo (what a wonderful person) and his friendly team. I can't fault that place (and I can tell you I am normally quite good in doing so!). The service is what you need, the settings and the atmosphere is heavenly peaceful, you are emerged in green vegetation/ garden and yet just 30 seconds walk from the beach and 10 minutes (or less - you get to slow down when in Boipeba) from the center square where you find restaurants, bars, shops and where the local gathering takes place. The rooms are spacious, relaxing, clean, functional (fridge, mosquito net, etc - don't expect a TV as it does not have one but then... why would you need it in such a place?). The breakfast is delicious and plenty.
When I arrived I though I had been transported to Thailand. Yes, the Thai atmosphere, the Brazilian warmth, the Italian (and not only) vegetarian cooking. I stayed 6 nights and then moved out for two further nights (I extended my stay in Boipeba but Massimo's Pousada was fully booked for my last two nights). I went to Pousada Luar das Aguas (average...) but... I kept going back to visit and eat at Massimo's.
Massimo also runs a project growing vegetables with a small group of local women (more info on the Pousada's site) - a cause on itself worth supporting.
I can only thank Massimo, Susana, Milena, Beatrice, Marlene,... for making my stay so special. Thank you so much.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank been-there-yes
Reviewed 8 April 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed for a few nights and all the reviews are right, it is very very quiet and relaxing and the breakfasts are pretty amazing. I think i slept more here than anywhere else on our trip. Its boipeba thats the shining star here though. the island is just beautiful, you cant help but go down a couple of gears and breathe a little more deeply. make sure you get round to see the lobster guy on the beach two along from the pousada. it sits on a beautiful almost deserted beach and also get a boat round to morriere beach (i dont think i spelt that right) which is equally gorgeous. Theres also a very quirky man who has converted his house into a sort of museum or shrine to fossils and bones - massive whale bones and turtle skulls which have to be seen to be believed.
We really enjoyed our stay but it is very quiet, we had dinner one night at Santa Clara which is right next door and the food was amazing and the atmosphere was completely different. A lot livelier and the host was very chatty and friendly. So wed recommend you check it out whilst youre there. Other than that enjoy Boipeba, it really is paradise.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 April 2010

We stayed 4 days in Boipeba, Horzonte Azul. It's an amazing place to stay! The island makes you slow your rythem down, but this pousada really makes you live the dream. Waking up with the sounds of birds, in the green garden which gives you all the privacy you need. The privacy is respected and the house itself is lovely. We slept amazing and had so much energy!! Every morning felt like waking up, starting the first day of a new life! The breakfast is the healthiest you can get. Homemade by Massimo, the Italian host, who is one of the most relaxed and -best taking care of you- host i can imagine!
Our stay here was one of our big eyecatchers on our Brazilian trip.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple