“Great value pub,”

Ranked #2 of 6 Restaurants in Warmley
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 April 2013 via mobile

We went to the griffin for a late sunday lunch (about 1.30pm) we ordered off the main menu and food was fantastic although we did have to wait for a hour for food which with 4kids feels like a lifetime. The cost for 2 adults and 4 children was just under £30.00 including drinks.
I Would definitely reccomend to friends as I think it was probably a one off the waiting time after speaking to other family/friends.

Kids shared one of there £5.99 mega desserts (lile a goldfish bowl) and were completed stuffed after. The pub had a good vibe and alot different to how it used to be!

Date of visit: April 2013

Reviewed 15 July 2012

I was disappointed with my first visit to this pub, a friend bought me a large glass of wine that was VERY expensive and we were asked to leave at 10.30pm on a Friday night whilst what appeared to be regulars didn't seem to be hurried out. I would not have returned had it not been part of a pub crawl that we organised for visitors. Went there on a Saturday lunchtime and was pleasantly surprised and enjoyed it. We all had food which was very good indeed and reasonably priced, particularly the grazing platters which came with a generous quantity of bread and were very tasty.

Date of visit: June 2012
Reviewed 23 June 2012

The griffin used to be my local when I lived in Bristol and years ago was very good, however the service and atmosphere slowly went downhill to the point where every time we went there they would have closed the kitchen before 7pm as they were 'too busy' (which was rubbish as most of the tables there were empty).

Having learned that the Griffin is now under the magic words... New Management... my husband and I decided to brave it again and see if anything had changed.

We were so glad we did! Friendly and chatty staff, well cooked and promptly served meals at 2 for £9, and a great atmosphere.

We will be returning again!

Also, don't let the slightly dated decoration inside and out put you off, I have heard gossip that there will be a complete refurb.

Date of visit: June 2012