“food”

Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I have just returned from the above and the food left a lot to be desired.The chicken was slimey and the size of half a chicken was that of a small pigeon my, roast potatoes consisted of 3 VERY small potatoes stuck together , parsnips that look like the tail ends the vegetables were cold and the only thing that had any heat was the gravy.Whilst I am not a big eater the portions sizes left a lot to the imagination.The service was not much better, we were never asked or approached to find out how the meal was.For £8.50 per had I was expecting a better service and a slighty more sustainable portion.Needless to say we did not stay for any afters.The other members of my party were as equally unimpressed as I was.I suggest that if you wish to visit this establishment that you have something to eat before you go and be prepared for not very friendly staff.

1  Thank pat b
There are newer reviews for Three Stags

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Unfortunately, I have had experienced this shambles of a place on a number of occasions due to the fact it's across the road from us and I kept on giving it the benefit of the doubt - hoping a miracle might happen and it turned out almost ok? No such luck. The food in this place is vile, poorly cooked (I don't see how you can get the menu wrong - especially using microwaves and fryers! It hardly takes a skilled chef!) and tasteless. The fryers are clearly not cleaned as anything fried tastes of old dirty oil. When ordering at the bar, the overwhelming smell of vinegary feet knocks you sick - I have since figured out that the smell is the bar drip mats, which I don't think have ever been washed. The service is shocking. After waiting over 40 minutes after I finished a starter I still hadn't had my plates cleared or my mains brought out. So I started to ask the manager where it was and he interrupted me before I could finish talking and walked off towards the kitchen!! So rude! Don't waste your money, you'll leave disappointed, with empty wallets and emptier bellies.

4  Thank LadyDelly
Reviewed 27 June 2014

fish was overcooked, jacket potatoe was black in the middle, they brought another that was overcooked not nice, will not be going back

1  Thank juneevans1946
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Went with 5 friends and we had all ordered different starters and mains. Food is very average and poor choice if you're looking for any specials. Nice location, though.

2  Thank ashleyguk
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I'm not normally one to write a complaint but the service at this pub truly was shocking. I went with a small group of friends and after a 50 minute wait for 3 starters the staff couldn't find our table (we were sitting literally 2 meters away from the kitchen), they returned the food to the kitchen and we quickly ran up to the bar to tell them what had happened. As they entered the kitchen some of the food fell off the plates and they kicked it around the floor before muttering something about us. One of the chefs also overheard us at the bar and started to badmouth us in the kitchen as well (we could hear as we were so close), 2 waiters then came over to our table and literally slammed our food down and gave us the dirtiest looks I've ever seen! They also didn't replace the food they had dropped. As we were still so close to the kitchen every time they walked past they continued to give us awful stares, it made us feel so unwelcome and awkward. I'd never go back and definitely wouldn't recommend!

4  Thank vintagecherie