“Sadly the improvement noted after last year's refurb hasn't lasted.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Three Stags

Three Stags
Ranked #12 of 52 Restaurants in Bebington
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Kids, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Birkenhead, England, United Kingdom
“Sadly the improvement noted after last year's refurb hasn't lasted.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

This pub is convenient for my elderly parents but frankly the food is mediocre to poor. I was served a side salad at the weekend consisting of dried up carrot sticks and cabbage with wilted rocket. It should never have left the kitchen. The only fish available was whiting and they had no cider. All out of stock.Ten of us ate and nobody enjoyed their food. Such a shame. This could be such a nice pub.

• Visited July 2014

Bebington, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

I have just returned from the above and the food left a lot to be desired.The chicken was slimey and the size of half a chicken was that of a small pigeon my, roast potatoes consisted of 3 VERY small potatoes stuck together , parsnips that look like the tail ends the vegetables were cold and the only thing that had any heat was the gravy.Whilst I am not a big eater the portions sizes left a lot to the imagination.The service was not much better, we were never asked or approached to find out how the meal was.For £8.50 per had I was expecting a better service and a slighty more sustainable portion.Needless to say we did not stay for any afters.The other members of my party were as equally unimpressed as I was.I suggest that if you wish to visit this establishment that you have something to eat before you go and be prepared for not very friendly staff.

1 Thank pat b
Wirral, United Kingdom
“Absolutely bloody terrible!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

Unfortunately, I have had experienced this shambles of a place on a number of occasions due to the fact it's across the road from us and I kept on giving it the benefit of the doubt - hoping a miracle might happen and it turned out almost ok? No such luck. The food in this place is vile, poorly cooked (I don't see how you can get the menu wrong - especially using microwaves and fryers! It hardly takes a skilled chef!) and tasteless. The fryers are clearly not cleaned as anything fried tastes of old dirty oil. When ordering at the bar, the overwhelming smell of vinegary feet knocks you sick - I have since figured out that the smell is the bar drip mats, which I don't think have ever been washed. The service is shocking. After waiting over 40 minutes after I finished a starter I still hadn't had my plates cleared or my mains brought out. So I started to ask the manager where it was and he interrupted me before I could finish talking and walked off towards the kitchen!! So rude! Don't waste your money, you'll leave disappointed, with empty wallets and emptier bellies.

4 Thank LadyDelly
Ellesmere Port, United Kingdom
“food was awfull staff did not appologise for bad food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

fish was overcooked, jacket potatoe was black in the middle, they brought another that was overcooked not nice, will not be going back

1 Thank juneevans1946
wirral
“I know it's pub grub but........”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Went with 5 friends and we had all ordered different starters and mains. Food is very average and poor choice if you're looking for any specials. Nice location, though.

• 4 of 5 bubbles