“Small local restaurant”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Wirral
“Small local restaurant”
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Visited for 1st, houmus bit bland and veg moussaka nothing special but special kebab very good. Ok meal but nothing special

2 Thank shifty8934

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“brilliantly different”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Extensive menu, friendly and attentive staff, good atmosphere. Particularly enjoyable evening due to the excellent food would recommend a visit to this outstanding resturant which will become one of our favourite venues.

2 Thank kathyferg
“Wow !”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Amazing place ! 5th time there tonight in about last 2 months ! Food is traditional, plentiful and sensational ! Each time I go I know what I'm having the next and literally can't wait to get there again ! Can not recommend highly enough. Staff are always welcoming and friendly ! Most couples have a "local pub" well I'd rather a local restaurant and this is it !

2 Thank Murphyj1981
Wirral, United Kingdom
“Average”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Not bad, not that good. I had the assortment of meats, all excellent apart from the steak which was tough.
Other half had stuffed aubergine. Stuffed with microspoonful of minced meat-a vegetarian wouldn't have noticed.
Others in our party of eight had various from the menu and seemed to enjoy. Waiter very friendly and attentive. I threw in forty quid to include a tip for our two meals and a couple of glasses of house wine.
Clean and bright but no soft furnishings making the hard surfaces reflect the cacophony of sound from bellowing prattlers at other tables.

2 Thank davewk80
merseyside
“A complete letdown”
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

We came to this restaurant on the strength of the TA reviews. I'm at a loss as to why anyone would consider this a decent restaurant. We live locally and dont have huge expectations, hoping to find some fresh well prepared european food, perhaps the sort you might get in a bistro.

I had two starters, the calamari and the humous. The calamari had thick batter, stodgy in the middle, with a thin weedy ring buried inside. It was the sort you might find in a pub lunch for a couple of quid. The humous well presented but was bland, almost tasteless. Both were clearly from 'a packet'. It's really not difficult to make either of these and for the chef not to bother is just odd. If I'm wrong and somehow I've been fooled, and these were the chefs handy work, then it's just embarrassing.

I had the tuna main course. It was dry any overcooked. It looked a nice piece of fish.....so how can you not know how to cook it?? My wife had the lamb main course . The lamb was really nice but there were only five pieces.

The two blokes running the front of house were very attentive , knew what they were about and were nice fellas to boot. I didn't know what to say when they kept asking me was everything ok, so left my wife to answer. We were about the only people under 50 in the restaurant so is this the restaurant equivalent of a pensioners lunch, everything overcooked and bland?

I'm no food snob but this place was dismal. A real let down. I'll go back again just in case they were on a bad night, but packet food is packet food.

Visited May 2014