“Homely and friendly”
Review of Alton Brook House

Alton Brook House
Ranked #1 of 1 Combridge B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and myself stayed for one night on a trip to Alton Towers (very close by). We arrived at the beautiful farm house to be greeted very warmly by Lisa and shown to our small but beautifully decorated room, where the bed was the most comfy that we have ever slept in! Lisa was more than attentive to our needs and recommended a fantastic pub for our evening meal - the Tavern = amazing food and atmosphere. She also made sure that my dietary needs were met at breakfast as I am lactose intolerant and goats milk was provided for me as well as pancakes made especially for me. It was those little details that allows me to gladly recommend this guest house to anyone.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MessyEsme

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Had a very comfortable 1 night stay here during our trip to alton towers. The staff were very helpful and friendly and made us feel at home! We had somewhere to sit and watch TV and have a glass of wine! The beds we so so comfy and we all slept like logs! Lovely plentiful breakfast and 10 minute drive to alton towers (down a windy lane) would recommend! :-)

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Becca C
Reviewed 2 April 2014

decided to avoid the usual alton towers hotels and what a great find. we stayed in the shepards folly "caravan" - which is more like an idyllic cabin on wheels.. different and one of the nicest breaks we've had in a long time. Oh.. did I mention the breakfast.. still can't eat 3 days later they were so big !

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Spaciecadet
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Found this B&B on trip advisor and after looking at the reviews book this for a family and friends (4 adults, 3 children) weekend break to visit Alton Towers.
It was a tossup between an normal cheap hotel chain or independent. We went for the independent and well we definitely made the right choice, okay it was more expensive, but the service, location and rooms far out weight the cost.
The welcome was great, made to feel at home straight away, tea,coffee and cake waiting for us at 8pm when we arrived.
Breakfast was ordered the evening of arrival for 8am and there it was waiting for us the next morning. A good selection of boxed cereals, pastries, yogurts and full english breakfast. Plenty to go around and still some left over.
The Sunday of our stay was mothers day, so I has asked them to arrange for some flowers to be ordered and placed in the room. They did a fantastic job of making sure they where a splendid display, very impressed.
When we take a trip back to Alton towers we will definitely be looking to book here again :-)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank GB_Perry
Reviewed 27 February 2014

As a family of three, we decided to use the half term to visit Alton Towers. Being some 200 miles away we decided to stay for a couple of nights and make the most of Staffs. We spotted a special offer on Late rooms.com for a stay at Alton Brook House. It all looked wonderful and just as I was about to book I saw that they had a villa for the same price as a room in the house itself. I decided to book the villa. Little did i know that the villa is in fact a Folly. I wasn't sure about this, but thought its only for 2 nights so should not be an issue. Upon arrival at Alton Brook, we were met by a lovely young lady called Leah. We told her who we were and she told us we were staying in her favorite place. The Folly. I must admit, it looked idyllic. Set in lush grounds with open fields and horses roaming free, contained by a small fence and duck and geese contained within an electrified fence, to stop the foxes. Leah showed us around the folly and whilst it was small, it was very well appointed and had everything we needed. Cooker (2 ring) fridge, filled with milk, orange juice and sparkling wine. Microwave, kettle and toaster were alos available for use. Also a cupboard full of cups, plates, bowls, cutlery and boxes of cereals. Before Leah left us, she asked what time we would like breakfast delivered. The next morning, dead on time, a full English breakfast was presented to us in a lovely wicker basket containing, Sausages, bacon, eggs, beans, mushrooms and tomatoes. Along with croissants, bread, for toasting, and yoghurts. It was a truly wonderful breakfast!
The bathroom area is small and only has a shower, toilet and sink. No Bath.
The whole place was cosy, clean and tidy. Ideal for a family of three or four, if the kids are not quite teenagers yet. The hotel is about 5-6 miles from Alton Towers. If you want somewhere to eat I would suggest the Blacksmiths Arms. Its about 4-5 miles away and does good food and big portions. I have written a review on this restaurant /pub also.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Tony W
Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

Only 5 miles from alton towers down a country lane,looks like an old farm house,great welcome when we arrived and one of the best breakfasts I've had,it could only be any better if there was a pub next door,it's located on a country lane which actually turns out to be a short cut to alton towers avoiding the main roads and traffic

Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank amkDoncaster
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I stayed here with 4 kids (3 older teenagers and a 10 year old) after we'd had a two day break at Alton Towers and we didn't want to drive straight home.

We booked the mobile home so we could all be together and I was a little worried as it's February and I thought it would be cold. In fact it was beautifully warm with central heating as well as extra heaters so that was no problem at all. The mobile home was well decorated and felt very homely. The only thing that was lacking (although I'm sure if I'd have asked they would have provided this) were baking trays etc to use in the oven - we decided to pop to Tesco for a few bits to cook for ourselves and there wasn't much in the way of cooking implements - but that's just a very minor thing which I'm sure would have been rectified if I could've been bothered to ask!!

The lady who welcomed us when we got there was really friendly and helpful and provided us with tea and cake when we arrived. There was also a bottle of fizz in the fridge along with milk and orange juice which was most welcome.

The breakfast was amazing…. they bought a basket full of food out to the mobile home at the time we asked for- and it was brilliant :-) sausages, eggs, bacon, baked beans, tomatoes, mushrooms, croissants, bread to toast and yoghurts…..

I've already recommended this place to family and friends and would definitely go back for a longer stay - the surrounding countryside is beautiful.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Paula P

Been to Alton Brook House? Share your experiences!