Le Bouchon Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
The Limes(Maldon)
US$146
US$136
Priceline
Premier Inn Chelmsford (Boreham) Hotel(Chelmsford)(Great Value!)
Orbitz.com
US$139
  • Breakfast included
Pontlands Park(Great Baddow)
US$142
Travelodge Colchester Feering(Feering)(Great Value!)
US$73
Travelodge
TripAdvisor
All reviewsle bouchonsunday lunchscallopsbirthday treatgood newsdeluxe roomlovely atmosphereheybridge basinbed was comfortablecooked to perfectiontea and coffeean overnight staywell worth a visitlovely roompuddingattentive staffexcellent restaurant
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Had a great lunch here today - thanks to a colleague's recommendation. Excellent service and well presented, high quality food. The restaurant was busy but still calm and thoroughly enjoyable. The only thing which stops me giving this five stars was the magician who was visiting tables, and had no understanding of how far his voice carried. Coupled with a large group with whom he spent a loooong time and the volume did take the edge off our meal. That said, we'd recommend this restaurant without hesitation.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sjcsew
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Nice hotel in Maldon. Not far away from the city. Sufficient parking space. The hotel has a limited number of rooms, The rooms have a small but sufficient modern bathroom. The bathroom is very clean and with modern bathtub and shower. The bedrooms are decorated in traditional english style real cute. The restaurant offers a wide range of food. Fish, beef, lamb, chicken, pasta and vegetarian. The starters are remarkable. I enjoyed the cheese plate, which I couldn't find on the menu. You have to ask for the cheese plate.

Room Tip: Choose a room to the back yard. Rooms on third floor might be verry warm in the night. No aircon.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ruhlendorf
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Found this hotel by a google search looking for a hotel in Maldon for a midweek business stay. My colleague and I had 2 rooms, both of which were a little on the small side (standard rooms), but were immaculate and very clean. The TV size was good, and lighting plentiful. The bathrooms both had sloping ceilings as they were on the top floor, but were still OK.

They offer a turnback service and chocolates which was a nice touch.

We arrived quite late and had booked into the restaurant. We both had a meal with 2 courses - my colleague ordering duck and me ordering steak. In my experience these are easy dishes to ruin and serve tough, but both were turned out immaculately and enjoyed. The bar offered a reasonable range of lagers. ciders and beers, though I would have preferred a cask ale.

The staff were all friendly and helpful from the reception, through the bar to the restaurant itself - especially as when we finished eating everyone else had long gone!!!

Parking is adequate, though the road is surprisingly busy for a small town.

This is a bit pricey for a business venue - the room was £95 and 2 course meal was around £37 per head, so you need flexible expenses, but the steak was one of the best I have ever eaten (entrecote) I can do naught but recommend the place.

I have read the previous remarks with care and would suggest that this is really an adult only environment as the decor is immaculate and quite sophisticated and not really geared for kids - its a couples and small party environment

If this is what you were looking for I would recommend it

My colleague travels all over the world a lot and I travel all over the Uk and we were both impressed

Room Tip: the top rooms might be quietest, but also are a little compromised on space (9 and 10), so I would ask to see the lower rooms
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Tim B
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We have just had a weekend here and have to say how lovely the hotel is. We have eaten here several times and have never been disappointed with the food or service. The same goes for the hotel,beautiful, comfortable rooms ,extremely clean and again great service. Staff are very helpful but not intrusive. Can't recommend Le Bouchon enough.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Dawn B
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We've dined here a few times and have never been disappointed. We now use it as our 'special dinner' place A 'good' warm feeling as soon as you enter, a very professional operation and the food is superb. The cocktails are excellent too. We've had margarita's in all parts of the world and those mixed here rank among the best.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple