“Family friendly and stylish surroundings”
Review of Le Bouchon Hotel

Le Bouchon Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Heybridge
London
“Family friendly and stylish surroundings”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We took our 2 small children (2 and 5) to Le Bouchon for the night for my husband's birthday. The position of the hotel seems a bit odd (on a main road in an industrial area), but actually it's right on the water and there are great walks all around it so I wouldn't worry about it, and it's only a few minutes drive from Malden. We had the junior suite, which meant the children were in an adjoined but separate room. The room was set up very thoughtfully for the children and although not huge, had everything we needed and a really stylish and relaxing feel about it. The hotel was newly refurbished and was immaculate throughout. The hotel made tea for the children for a few pounds, then we had dinner later in the restaurant - baby listeners worked fine from the room to the restaurant. The food was excellent and the service was really friendly. We felt really welcome and had a lovely time and the prices were really competitive.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Lizzierambling

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Chelmsford Essex
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I have eaten here at a few times at lunch time and have enjoyed it. I therefore booked an afternoon tea for myself and a friend. The staff were friendly and attentive. The tea was scrummy! We sat in the courtyard as it was a warm day. This is near the road but screened by plants it is unobtrusive. I like the touches such as linen napkins and well laid tables. Probably wouldn't appeal to people wanting a buzzing atmosphere, it is quiet and calm.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Essex UK
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Went to the restaurant last night for a meal with my husband, we booked yesterday evening and asked for the latest time we could be seated which was 9.15pm as the kitchen closed at 9.30pm.
We were two minutes late, and as we were just walking up to the entrance my husband got a call from the restaurant to see where we were, obviously not wanting us to miss the 'last' orders.
We were shown to our table, and given the wine and cocktail list. The cocktails looked delicious, although we didn't get the chance to try one as we ate too much!! Prompt order taking, but not at all pushy considering we didn't have long to order - our fault, not the restaurants.
I had the soup of the day which was a lobster and king prawn bisque, it was lovely and hot, and very tasty. My husband had spicy king prawns, again these were very tasty, I would recommend both. For main I had the chicken, I never order chicken at restaurants, this was roasted breast, which was juicy, and very tasty, and went well with the bacon and dates that accompanied it. My husband had the rib-eye which he said was one of the best he had tasted. One dessert for us, as I was too full, my husband had the pavlova, which of course I had to just taste, and it was delicious, but quite sticky, my husband enjoyed it.
Service was excellent, when finishing my first glass of wine, the waitress offered a second glass of what I had ordered, little things, but these show they know what they're doing.
So, two starters, two mains, two glasses of wine, one dessert and a bottle of water came to just over £80 which included their service charge of 7.5%. Service charge is a bug bear of mine, it is at the diners discretion, and while this service charge is a lot lower than the 12.5% most restaurants charge, I felt that the service we received was worth more than 7.5% which on our bill was £5ish - we would have left a lot higher tip if service was not automatically added on.
Will definitely come back, and will also recommend to friends.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Leese1011
Westcliff-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I stayed here with my partner for my birthday. The room was spotless, I loved the decor but the heat was overwhelming! The window was open and we had the 2 fans on that were supplied on full blast all night. It was uncomfortably hot we were sweating so felt we could not relax in our room properly. I really feel the room (no 11) needs air conditioning. There was also a horrible smell coming from the bathroom which was off putting I can only presume they know it smells as had 2 air freshners in there. I thought the staff were friendly and amazing, the breakfast was very tasty. We decided to eat in town so can't comment on the dinner service. The hotel is definitely not one for a romantic getaway as it is on an industrial estate but we did drive to Heybridge basin and had a lovely afternoon by the dinner. The hotel was immaculate I just could never stay here again due to the heat in the room (I previously read on trip advisor about the heat in the rooms but thought people were moaning for the sake of it but they definitely weren't)

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Nikkianne82
Essex
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I know this is a strange thing to put but one of our party is a full vegetarian who can not eat garlic but so many places do not make food from scratch.
We call in for dinner with friends and asked if they could cook some food which was not on the menu for one of our party, the staff at Le Bouchon where great, with out any fuss they sorted it out, cooking the food from scratch, the food is good and so is the service.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank chiltonEssex
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Eaten in the restaurant twice and will be back. Easy to find with adjacent parking.
Superb service from friendly, attentive staff matched by quality food at realistic prices.
Made to feel special from the moment you enter.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed in Le Bouchon for two nights. What an amazing find! The ambience, service, quality are all excellent. Great atmosphere & so welcoming. We ate in the restaurant & could not believe that not only is this hotel brilliant.... The food is out of this world.
Highly, highly recommend!!!
Thank you from The Newitt/Frenchs rooms 4 & 8

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Heybridge
Pontlands Park
#1 of 2 in Thorpe Bay
Best Western Ivy Hill Hotel
Best Western Ivy Hill Hotel
#3 of 11 in Chelmsford

Been to Le Bouchon Hotel? Share your experiences!