“Tasty food, pleasant surroundings.”
Review of The Lock Tearooms

The Lock Tearooms
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Heybridge
Reviewed 7 August 2014

The food was very good, well presented. Not a large menu of main dishes, but better to have a small selection of dishes you do well than a large choice of substandard food! Small collection of desserts which were good but not amazing.
The surroundings were pleasant and quaint.
The staff were friendly and told us it would be a 20 minute wait for food which was fine, however the staff need to be a little more proactive with their service skills.
Will definitely be returning!

There are newer reviews for The Lock Tearooms

Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Visited here for lunch with wife and daughter, I had cheese ploughmans special which came with extra half pork pie. Pie was lovely but could have been whole!! I swapped the Stilton for extra cheddar which was amazing flavour. Wife and daughter had sandwiches, adults egg and cress and child's cheese and ham, one half price of other but pretty much same size! Service was quick and friendly so well worth a visit. Also glad to see them stock local rasp ales from Maldon brewery, I had IPA which is ok but not the best, Golden Boar is easily their best ale to date!! Which they stocked but bit strong for a lunchtime if driving

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Had a lovely lunch here with my Husband. Have been to the tea rooms in Tiptree on numerous occasions and never been disappointed so I wondered what the experience would be here. The staff were very friendly and we were served very quickly. My husband had the ploughman's his favourite and really enjoyed it his only disappointment was there was no gherkin! I had a huge Jacket potato with cheese and beans and there was more than enough for me. Will definitely be visiting here again....

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Had a superb lunch here with a friend - a very cheesy quiche and salad followed by Bakewell slice and lots of tea. Very relaxed, lovely surroundings, it couldn't be bettered really.

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Our experience lasted 25 mins and what an awful 25 mins that was. It was busy as it was a nice day so we expected a wait. We were given a menu to look through and then we waited....and waited......and waited. 20 mins passed and still nothing. Despite 2 staff members clearing the table next to us no one bothered to ask if we were ready to order. You may wonder why we didnt call anyone. Well, if an establishment is offering a waiter service then i expect my order to be taken. It would be much better if you had to go and order at the counter. So after waiting for 20 mins we got up and walked out. Wont bother trying again.

2  Thank gossemar