Slaley Hall
Langley Castle Hotel(Langley-on-Tyne)
US$264
US$84
  • Restaurant
Beamish Park Hotel(Marley Hill)
US$99
US$97
Travelocity
The George Hotel(Chollerford)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
3,278 results
All reviewsgolf coursedukes grillon arrivalspa treatmentshadrians restaurantgolf breakplay golfafternoon teaevening mealbottle of wineour waitersteam roombuffet stylerelaxing breakquad bikingmain restaurantboth nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Lovely place in a lovely setting we stayed one night with dinner and breakfast a treat for my partners 50th. Meals were lovely, tasty, well presented a bit quick (so dont put your cutlery down till you are ready for your next course)
We stayed in a basic room which was ideal although we could upgrade we chose not to.
Staff were very proffesional and polite but they dont wear name badges ???? so thank you richard- room service female black hair foreign - dining staff small blone hair female = bar staff-
spa staff- most of reception staff.
Down side - hairdryer didnt work but i had my own so i didnt mention it - steam room out of action
Couldnt tip all the people who deserved it so ended up not tipping anyone ! I think there may have been a surcharge anyway but not sure. wish they had a tip box in reception

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

Bought a secret escapes deal for £99 with three courses and bottle of wine and it was worth every penny.
Upgraded to a Chambre Unique for £30 and was well worth the extra money the room was divine with a extra large bed and lots of space.

Hadrians Brasserie was almost fully booked when we arrived at 5.30 but got a table at 9pm. Service slightly slow but food was delicious and well worth the wait.

Breakfast on the morning was again slow service but tasty and can't complain really for how much we paid.

Can't recommended enough especially on a deal-well worth the money for a weekend treat!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Had £40 deal for spa so went today with 3 family members. Must say had lovely relaxing today. I chose to have a full body massage & had Zoe giving me massage. It was the best one I've ever had. This was my second time at slaley hall and after chatting to my family afterwards I was pleased I got Zoe. It should not make a difference but clearly does. She listened to what I told her & ensured that she massaged throughly the areas I asked her to concentrate on. The lunch was expensive & wouldn't normally pay this price but for a one off treat was worth it. Wouldn't go unless in a deal though as otherwise prices too expensive.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 January 2014

My friends and I booked Slayley Hall for a birthday Spa day with treatments. Hot chocolate and cookies were promised on arrival. Sadly the very unenthusiastic staff member said there were no cookies, we enquired if biscuits were available as an alternative - A frank no was the reply. We were made to feel less than best, unimportant and a nuisance.
After complaining to Spa reception an apology was made and biscuits and undercooked cookies appeared.
The only steam room within the Spa was out of order, the changing rooms small and dirty, there was one small jacuzzi and insufficient loungers for a busier than mid-week day. The door into the quiet room was bashed, chipped of its paint and generally unloved.
We had one glass of wine, one gin and Tonic and one glass of still water for £18.00. Lunch as three sandwich wraps for £33.00.
Slayley Spa pool had kids swimming lessons on after school. I would not return.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 January 2014

The location is fabulous if you want an away from it all hotel, the staff are wonderful, friendly, helpful, and really cannot do enough to make your stay enjoyable. Our room was an upgraded room which overlooked the golf course and was freezing as there was a problem with the heating which was soon repaired. The restaurant that we chose was the grill as we had already been warned that the brasserie was poor, but the grill didn't seem to be functioning and the staff were charming so we succumbed to the brasserie. Mistake. I ordered a rare sirloin steak with a £ 9.00 surcharge, it came well done, and for only the second time in my life, I sent it back,the second one was ok, nothing more than that. We ate and ordered dessert, one ice cream and one parfait, after 20 minutes we asked where they were and after 25 minutes I left the restaurant, my husband followed after another 5 minutes. We were asked at reception if we had enjoyed our meal and said that we were very disappointed, they sent for the duty manager, who was lovely, and asked what he could do to put it right, including sending the desserts to our room, complimentary drinks, and not charging us the surcharge, and apologising profusely. It was too late to put it right but the fact that he tried so hard made us feel better, and we did not pay for any extras, nor should we have.
In short, fabulous hotel, lovely rooms and facilities, wonderful staff, but the restaurant leaves a hell of a lot to be desired.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple