Overall Mixed experience at Staley hall
Staff very pleasant and bar areas a good mixture of cosy and modern and all welcoming.
On check in I was surprised when receptionist was loudly discussing price of room, when I had booked treat weekend for my wife. (Price paid resulted in her disappointment in value for money!!) Quality hotels normally offer better discretion.
Bed rooms were fine, but more “corporate” than I was expecting.
Breakfast disappointed with the number of customers appearing to overwhelm staff, having been shown to an unmade up, chipped table, we then had to wait 30 minutes for toast and coffee an to order cooked breakfast, which was good quality when it arrived.
Overall for the price I would expect better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Not 100, not 500 but 1000 acres of Northumberland moorland and forest play home to this magnificent, elegant Edwardian mansion. That the interiors are almost as dramatic as the exterior says it all. This is very old world grandeur with a modern twist. Bask in the warmth of the reception you receive on arrival, dine at Hadrian's Brasserie, or at the Duke's Grill. Indulge with a Vichy water spa treatment or just flop in the fantastic indoor pool. The great outdoors doesn’t get much greater. After a bracing country walk in the wilds, or round on our championship golf course, retire to the Claret Jug and the 19th Bar for a stiff brandy. Surely you deserve it ? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LateRooms, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Slaley Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Slaley Hall Hotel Hexham
- De Vere Slaley Hall Hexham
- Hall Hotel Slaley
- Hall Slaley