We needed a break from the rat race and chose Slayley Hall near Hexham in Northumberland.
The hotel looked lovely and the bar area and little rooms off the corridors are indeed fantastic. However the room 100 pounds for the night was small, tired and in need of an update !
However despite all that we were optimistic and the restaurant looked fine ! HOWEVER the food was dreadful. My partner had gnocchi for the main course and there was 10 pieces of gnocchi on a very large plate ! My meal was tasteless - with 2 crusty balls of bubble and squeak ! Not good enough for the prices charged . I think we'll look for a country pub tomorrow night !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Not 100, not 500 but 1000 acres of Northumberland moorland and forest play home to this magnificent, elegant Edwardian mansion. That the interiors are almost as dramatic as the exterior says it all. This is very old world grandeur with a modern twist. Bask in the warmth of the reception you receive on arrival, dine at Hadrian's Brasserie, or at the Duke's Grill. Indulge with a Vichy water spa treatment or just flop in the fantastic indoor pool. The great outdoors doesn’t get much greater. After a bracing country walk in the wilds, or round on our championship golf course, retire to the Claret Jug and the 19th Bar for a stiff brandy. Surely you deserve it ? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Odigeo and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Slaley Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Slaley Hall Hotel Hexham
- De Vere Slaley Hall Hexham
- Hall Hotel Slaley
- Hall Slaley