I visited Slaley Hall with a large party of friends for a golf weekend. We visit each year and always enjoy a warm welcome, the quality of the courses we play and the friendliness of the staff and fellow guests.This year was different: dinner plumbed new depths in the application of portion control. Frankly, no self- respecting chef should have allowed the dishes that were served out of the kitchen. Having spent 5 hours on the golf course you can imagine we all looked forward to dinner - and what a disappointment. Breakfast was an eagerly anticipated event.
All other aspects of our stay were excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Not 100, not 500 but 1000 acres of Northumberland moorland and forest play home to this magnificent, elegant Edwardian mansion. That the interiors are almost as dramatic as the exterior says it all. This is very old world grandeur with a modern twist. Bask in the warmth of the reception you receive on arrival, dine at Hadrian's Brasserie, or at the Duke's Grill. Indulge with a Vichy water spa treatment or just flop in the fantastic indoor pool. The great outdoors doesn’t get much greater. After a bracing country walk in the wilds, or round on our championship golf course, retire to the Claret Jug and the 19th Bar for a stiff brandy. Surely you deserve it ? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Slaley Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Slaley Hall Hotel Hexham
- De Vere Slaley Hall Hexham
- Hall Hotel Slaley
- Hall Slaley