After having a bad experience at another De Vere hotel this year I was slightly worried about booking the say at this property through Secret Escapes- but it was in an area I was about to visit and seemed a good deal.
Firstly -as others may have said - car park uphill walk to hotel - but there is valet parking if needed and if the car park is busy due to golfers it may be worth taking advantage of .
Area around the hotel with the golf course and views is great , stunning countryside.
Reception check in very quick and efficient partly due to the pre arrival call received from hotel to ask of my requirements , friendly staff.
Room- and here's where I was worried initially but need not have been - clean , well equipped, free wi fi worked - air con worked -bathroom well equipped- very good for the price paid .
Bar area , very nice, great views to the grounds .
Restaurant - as part of the deal a two course meal included, pre booked time on a call from hotel . Restaurant very busy , young lady at the reception was very accommodating and let me have a table with good lighting so that I could read - when travelling alone I often find I get the " table in the corner" but not here . Food choices- others have said they thought the inclusive deals were limiting - I would disagree there were a few choices on each course , but I do agree that the extra charge for a steak was steep for what was a very average steak- but the chips were swopped for the delicious salad without problem ( some places do charge extra to do this )
Breakfast - very good especially with the " specials " available to order - and same young lady at reception remembered me, my room number and gave me a nice table without asking .
Overall a very nice stay , I would go back to this hotel if in area again , not least because I think the staff try very hard to make their guests seem welcome.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Not 100, not 500 but 1000 acres of Northumberland moorland and forest play home to this magnificent, elegant Edwardian mansion. That the interiors are almost as dramatic as the exterior says it all. This is very old world grandeur with a modern twist. Bask in the warmth of the reception you receive on arrival, dine at Hadrian's Brasserie, or at the Duke's Grill. Indulge with a Vichy water spa treatment or just flop in the fantastic indoor pool. The great outdoors doesn’t get much greater. After a bracing country walk in the wilds, or round on our championship golf course, retire to the Claret Jug and the 19th Bar for a stiff brandy. Surely you deserve it ? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Agoda and LateRooms so you can book your Slaley Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Slaley Hall Hotel Hexham
- De Vere Slaley Hall Hexham
- Hall Hotel Slaley
- Hall Slaley