My husband and I spent one night at the hotel , although we had a enjoyable time will not go back in a hurry ! No compalints with the hotel itself staff friendly and hotel has a nice relaxed feel to it. Our room was clean spacious and warm so I was happy !We spent a windy but sunny saturday afternoon with drinks in the conservatory which really was beautiful to look out onto the well tendered gardens and did feel like we were a million miles away from newcastle , we then made our way for lunch to the downstairs bar and got a comfy seat next to the the real fire which also had a chilled feel to it and sat back and watched as people made there way in from the cold after attempting a game of golf ! We ventured to the pool at 5pm on a saturday and really were overwhelmed by the kids in the pool but its not trying to sell itself as a spa hotel so again not really a complaint ! we headed into hexham in the evening for a curry which was a nice break from the hotel although being a city girl the drive to hexam in the dark was a experience in itself ! The following morning breakfast was average but my husband getting to read the times in the reading room with peace and quiet made up for any shortfalls at breakfast ! I would recomend this hotel if you are a golfer but for me I would preffer a spa hotel where you know all you are going to do is relax or a city hotel which is a base to explore the city you are in but all in all nothing wrong with the hotel itself !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Not 100, not 500 but 1000 acres of Northumberland moorland and forest play home to this magnificent, elegant Edwardian mansion. That the interiors are almost as dramatic as the exterior says it all. This is very old world grandeur with a modern twist. Bask in the warmth of the reception you receive on arrival, dine at Hadrian's Brasserie, or at the Duke's Grill. Indulge with a Vichy water spa treatment or just flop in the fantastic indoor pool. The great outdoors doesn’t get much greater. After a bracing country walk in the wilds, or round on our championship golf course, retire to the Claret Jug and the 19th Bar for a stiff brandy. Surely you deserve it ? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Slaley Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Slaley Hall Hotel Hexham
- De Vere Slaley Hall Hexham
- Hall Hotel Slaley
- Hall Slaley