All reviews the pub slaley hall sunday lunch log fire steak roast potatoes the sticky toffee pudding bite to eat fabulous food an evening meal ate here salmon four poster apple pie beer garden good nights sleep comfortable room
Reviewed 24 March 2012

We went for dinner one night while we were staying at Slaley Hall. Varied menu. I had duck in a cranberry sauce and my husband had lamb cutlets. Will certainly return next time we're in the area.

Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2012

This B and B is surrounded by views over stunning countryside. The pub below is characterful and snug serving some lovely food with a great selection of beverages. I stayed here for two nights and was very impressed with my room, which had great furniture, nice complementary drinks etc and a lovely bathroom. I have travelled extensively and have stayed in a lot of B and B's for work - this is one of the very few places I have judged clean enough to take a bath!! Staff were incredibly welcoming and the breakfast menu is extensive and high quality. Blown away after having read poor reviews on here. The only minor negative was a few creaky floorboards - it caused me no problems and what do you expect in a traditional building - I slept like a baby.

Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Marineaddict
Reviewed 29 February 2012

Found this pub while staying at Slaley Hall (10 min drive).

The pub was very friendly and welcoming. The food was freshly cooked and tasted wonderful. I can recommend the signature beef wellington. Nothing was too much trouble and we left feeling very full.

Would recommend to anybody and we will be going back for a meal soon.

Date of stay: February 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Trevor S
Reviewed 29 February 2012

Called in for lunch mid week. Took a little while to arrive, but worth the wait. Great food and friendly staff. Playgound a great distraction for kids. Beer well chosen and very well kept.

Date of stay: February 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 27 January 2012

Passed this little Inn on the way to Slaley Hall and returned a few hours later to have dinner . Warm welcome, lovely homemade food, well presented, and the most delicious sticky toffee pudding. Good value , great food, great service... a great start to our weekend. Thank you

Room tip: We did not stay - we only popped in for supper and it was delicous
Date of stay: January 2012