All reviews the pub cobbler venison slaley hall sunday lunch log fire roast potatoes specials board fabulous food the sticky toffee pudding bite to eat four poster an evening meal beer garden comfortable room good nights sleep darren
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Me and my partner were staying as we were attending a wedding nearby. The room was lovely and the pub looks really nice but we unfortunately didn’t have time to sample this. Great breakfast and staff couldn’t have been more helpful. Also very good vaule for money.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2012

We were told that this pub was worth a visit and how right it turned out to be. It is how a country pub should be,quaint with good service from everyone in the pub. The beer is good and the food cannot be faulted in any way,from price to amount to speed of service,all excellent.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 March 2012

We went for dinner one night while we were staying at Slaley Hall. Varied menu. I had duck in a cranberry sauce and my husband had lamb cutlets. Will certainly return next time we're in the area.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2012

This B and B is surrounded by views over stunning countryside. The pub below is characterful and snug serving some lovely food with a great selection of beverages. I stayed here for two nights and was very impressed with my room, which had great furniture, nice complementary drinks etc and a lovely bathroom. I have travelled extensively and have stayed in a lot of B and B's for work - this is one of the very few places I have judged clean enough to take a bath!! Staff were incredibly welcoming and the breakfast menu is extensive and high quality. Blown away after having read poor reviews on here. The only minor negative was a few creaky floorboards - it caused me no problems and what do you expect in a traditional building - I slept like a baby.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Marineaddict
Reviewed 29 February 2012

Found this pub while staying at Slaley Hall (10 min drive).

The pub was very friendly and welcoming. The food was freshly cooked and tasted wonderful. I can recommend the signature beef wellington. Nothing was too much trouble and we left feeling very full.

Would recommend to anybody and we will be going back for a meal soon.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple