All reviews the pub slaley hall log fire great sunday lunch steak roast potatoes the sticky toffee pudding bite to eat fabulous food an evening meal ate here salmon four poster apple pie beer garden good nights sleep comfortable room
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Called in here for lunch today. Greeted warmly by the staff. Food was excellent, and they have a brilliant coffee machine. We will definitely return when we are in that area. Whole experience was first class, and placed in beautiful surroundings too. What more could you wish for?

Room tip: Have a good look at their website - they even have a four poster bed.
Date of stay: April 2012
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Me and my partner were staying as we were attending a wedding nearby. The room was lovely and the pub looks really nice but we unfortunately didn’t have time to sample this. Great breakfast and staff couldn’t have been more helpful. Also very good vaule for money.

Date of stay: April 2012
Reviewed 3 April 2012

We were told that this pub was worth a visit and how right it turned out to be. It is how a country pub should be,quaint with good service from everyone in the pub. The beer is good and the food cannot be faulted in any way,from price to amount to speed of service,all excellent.

Reviewed 24 March 2012

We went for dinner one night while we were staying at Slaley Hall. Varied menu. I had duck in a cranberry sauce and my husband had lamb cutlets. Will certainly return next time we're in the area.

Reviewed 10 March 2012

This B and B is surrounded by views over stunning countryside. The pub below is characterful and snug serving some lovely food with a great selection of beverages. I stayed here for two nights and was very impressed with my room, which had great furniture, nice complementary drinks etc and a lovely bathroom. I have travelled extensively and have stayed in a lot of B and B's for work - this is one of the very few places I have judged clean enough to take a bath!! Staff were incredibly welcoming and the breakfast menu is extensive and high quality. Blown away after having read poor reviews on here. The only minor negative was a few creaky floorboards - it caused me no problems and what do you expect in a traditional building - I slept like a baby.

• Trip type: Travelled solo