“A very rare gem”

Palazzo Radomiri Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Dobrota
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Very occasionally you discover something so good you may feel reluctant to share it! That was the consensus of guests at the Palazzo Radiomiri who agreed it is a rare gem! Not to share it would be a dis-service to the charming and enthusiastic family that own and run it so well. They've restored a lovely building in a perfect location to create a stylish and comfortable boutique hotel which doesn't compromise on facilities, furnishings or service but still manages to be so relaxing, informal and friendly. Our balcony room overlooked billowing flowering shrubs and magnolias onto the deep blue of Kotor Bay and beyond to the iconic islets of St George and Our Lady of the Rocks. Kotor old town is a 45 minute walk away along the bay - or a 3 Euro cab ride. Although development is happening apace, it's not as tower blocks - simply restoration of traditional buildings left abandoned since the 1976 quake - the best of the Cote d'Azur of 100 years ago would be hard pressed to match Dobrota today. We ate at several local restaurants (including Galion and the Stari Milini in a woodland garden - worth an evening visit just to hear the nightingales) but definitely thought food at the Palazzo Radomiri was better than any...try the grilled shrimps with risotto and roasted vegetables! Having been lucky enough to travel to many great places our mantra has always been 'never go back' - but we will be going back to the Palazzo Radomiri...it was that enjoyable...

Room Tip: Choose the room with the balcony
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank yllaw

Reviewed 13 June 2014

We are arrived to a very warm welcome and everyone was extremely friendly. We accepted the recommendation of eating lunch there on the first day. Unfortunately this was not a great start to the holiday as my main course was sent back to the kitchen as it was stone cold. When it came back a few minutes later it was still not hot on the inside and as it contained previously cooked rice I chose leave it. The staff were very apologetic and offered me an alternative, but my faith in the kitchen at that moment had gone. The room we stayed in was very nice. A beautiful lounge with a lovely view. The downside was that the bathroom had a open drain by the bath and the smell of drains would accumulate overnight. The waste from the bath itself was very slow, with the bath taking up to 20 minutes to drain away. We did not report this as it would have been obvious to the cleaner that there was an issue that needed resolving???? Breakfast is a disappointment. The same breakfast varies from one day to the next. I found the brown apple in the fruit salad off putting, so went for some poached eggs on another day. I have never seen poached eggs where the egg white is as runny as the yolk before. Such a shame as the staff were so nice, they just need to pay a little more attention to the basics.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MrsGMark2
Reviewed 10 June 2014

good hotel, friendly staff, well restored building.

pros: nicely restored, good atmosphere, well decorated rooms, fully equipped, beautiful furniture, nice breakfast room, pool, Wifi free of charge.

cons: small standard rooms, very small bathroom, parking on the main road need to walk down to the hotel (many stairs) for me not a problem, but for people with some handicap?!, pricy (126 € /night standard room).

the breakfast was sufficient (cakes, fruits, jam & eggs, müsli) - what turned me off a bit, was the loud discussions of the staff in the kitchen every day.

in all it is a very recommendable hotel with good amenities, nothing to complain about.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank sauraumpfa
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I loved staying at palazzo radomiri. It's a beautiful, intimate hotel with impeccable views, a great massage professional, great food, super pleasant staff and stunning views. I felt very much at home and felt that the hosts were so pleasant, warm and wonderful. I can't wait to see them again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Claudia F
Palazzo R, Public Relations Manager at Palazzo Radomiri Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Claudia F,
Thank you so much for your review. I am so glad that you have enjoyed your stay and felt like at home. This is very important to us, as we do try our best to provide that feeling.
Everyone from Palazzo Radomiri sends you their warmest regards hoping to see you soon in Montenegro too!

Reviewed 31 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here during a trip of the region in May 2014. The hotel is in a beautiful setting -- although, what isn't beautiful in the Kotor area? -- and was very nicely restored. We stayed in one of the standard rooms, which was small with a very tiny bathroom (the shower curtain kept sticking to my leg while I showered because there was actually no room for it). I think this would be a great place to stay in the high season. Off season (which includes May), unless you're staying in one of the suites, I'm not sure it's worth the extra money. The staff was pleasant, the food was good, but it was more expensive than any other hotel in the area. They were doing very loud construction while we were there and didn't offer us anything as compensation (not even a glass of wine). I think it was probably just off season hiccups. But off season, when you're not able to take advantage of some of the amenities, it maybe better to stay elsewhere...

Room Tip: Pay the extra money and stay in one of the suites (not a "standard" room).
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dcgirl_8

Dear dcgirl_8,
Thank you for your review! I am glad that overall you have liked our hotel, and for that reason I am surprised of the low mark you have given us. It is certainly not our fault that the weather was not at its best, so you could not use our amenities to its fullest.
As for the seasonality, May is NOT "off season". It just happened to be raining during your stay, for which I again apologise.
As for the "construction works", we finish all our refurbishing and updates in winter, so we open in April freshly painted, renewed and clean and there could not be any construction works in May! The only thing I can recall, once in May we have had a leak in one of the bathroom, so a plumber had to come to fix the problem. It was done quickly and as delicately as possibly. We have certainly apologised and no one complained at a time.
As for the price, the standard rooms offer the same quality of stay, but they are smaller than the others. This is why they are the cheapest. All our guests have special attention and we offer many extras that not many places have in any season.

Best regards from Montenegro!

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Stylish interior, mix of mediterranean and exotic, with such a beautiful white stone flour.
Apartment is fully equipped, very homey feeling.
Like the bath and the soaps.
Didnt have a balcony, but there are few in a garden that I enjoyed, lovely atmosphere there.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sanja I
Palazzo R, Public Relations Manager at Palazzo Radomiri Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Dear Sanja I,
Thank you so much for your compliments regarding our Suit's interior. We do try to provide our guests with a feeling of home away from home and truly appreciate your comments. Hope to see you in Palazzo Radomiri soon! Best regards from Montenegro!

Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Just had a week here with my mum: this lovely palazzo lived up to our high expectations. Exceedingly warm and friendly staff who go beyond the call of duty to make sure you enjoy your stay. Dobrota is a lovely village within walking distance or 4 euro taxi ride from Kotor but agreeably distanced from the madding cruise-ship crowds. Thanks to all the staff, but especially Nikola and Mia.

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Pequeno_Planeta
Palazzo R, Public Relations Manager at Palazzo Radomiri Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear Pequeno_Planeta,
It is a compliment to receive a review from a person who has visited so many places around the world. Thank you very much!
We are really glad that you have enjoyed your stay in Dobrota. It was a pleasure meeting both of you and I certainly hope to see you soon again. Best regards from all in Palazzo Radomiri hotel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dobrota
4 mi away
#1 of 1 in Donja Lastva
Hotel Pana Kotor
Hotel Pana Kotor
#4 of 4 in Dobrota

Been to Palazzo Radomiri Hotel? Share your experiences!